Reviews for Yellow Roses
geminigurl89 chapter 3 . 2/4/2013
Super hottness!
eckomoon chapter 8 . 7/13/2012
Love this story! I wish you had more Chuck and Blair fanfic. I love the way they meet and the blood from the thorns and how it tied to the ending. So romantic. Chapter 3 was the best smut even if it was just phone sex, it was hot.
comewhatmay.x chapter 8 . 8/10/2010
This. was. amazing.

I can't get words out. I cried (sort of, not really), laughed, grinned, smirked, and was just generally overly happy that you shared this amazing piece with us:)

And yes, this review is long overdue. But I just discovered this!

Sheer perfection. The characters were in character, but fluffy Chuck was just so much fun to read. A welcome respite from brooding angsty needy Chuck that I have been writing! Lol.

Your writing was both beautiful and poignant, lending itself nicely to the story and making it all the more enjoyable to read. I love the descriptions and the imagery-and the smut? So hot. Amazingly well written.

I do so look forward to reading more of your work-this was such a beautiful piece of fiction.
kara chapter 8 . 6/3/2010
It would be amazing if there was a sequel! This story was awesome and i want more! (: The whole story was amazing, but the last chapter was so romantic and cute! i loved it!
BassKingdom chapter 8 . 3/18/2010
Just a quick note to tell you how effing amazing I found your story! A clichéd phrase like “short and sweet” to describe your story might be fitting but also insulting because it is so much more than that. So bear with me while I point out a few of my favorite highlights:

*Brilliant plot. They literally came full circle in the story, beginning with a waltz and a yellow rose and ending that same way. Inevitability and destiny so well defined!

*While the story deviates from the TV show, the characterization is well maintained.

*The metaphorical scars of the rose’s thorns on their hands and their combined blood.

*Chapter 3. No need for a limo scene in your story. The hot and sweet phone conversation was more than likely a prediction of their first time.

*Blair’s thoughts while Chuck is sleeping next to her.

*Chuck’s speech at the end concerning the yellow roses that had been constant in their lives for 7 years.

I love your story. It is completely worthy of the epicness we know as Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. Thanks for writing them.
ncgirl4004 chapter 8 . 1/10/2010
What a lovely story-I'm so glad I found it! Chuck and Blair are love and passion and thank you for writing such a lovely story...
ronan03 chapter 8 . 12/28/2009
excellent! really good idea for the it..
cakebakery chapter 8 . 12/23/2009
wow it so fresh... sometimes i get bored with the scheme crazy complicated chuck blair fiasco.. so this fic deftly a fresh fic, where my imagination of peace and romantic chair described by you (off course this peace with banter, teasing, jealousy andd drama) we know chair is not boring :) so please update it
Blood Red Kiss of Death chapter 8 . 12/22/2009
Love all the roses and the proposal!

Eric! BE! hehe..i love them.

Kiki is adorable. I love that B's story made her stop crying. Duh, everyone loves hearing BC stories. *giggles*
rr chapter 8 . 12/22/2009
sequel please :D
LetMeIn1812 chapter 8 . 12/22/2009
I am totally swooning over this chapter it is the perfect ending to this story! And you should be VERY proud :)

Thank you for the mention at the top, you are too sweet!

I (a lot like Chuck) was completely confused at the beginning. LOL! All of the details of their trp to Tuscany were straight out of a fairytale, and Chuck does it because he wants to be THAT guy, the one Blair always dreamed of being with. But I loved that he was trying to figure out how to make up for what he had done wrong, when he wasn't even sure what he had done wrong. What a great b/f, he really does love her more than anything, including himself. :) (Swooning again)

Serena and Dan's apartment sounds just like what I had pictured it to be. LOL. Great details about Kiki only calming down while listening to Lincoln Hawk. :) That would make Grandpa Rufus very happy, I can just see his face. And the fact that Blair's song with Kiki is Moon River... Perfect!

I loved the whole convo with Nate and Chuck, you were channeling them especially well there, if I do say so. I could just picture both of their faces and body language. The Brit lingo had me LMAO! Too funny and amazing. And also when they both said "Blair" at the same time. It was so sad for Chuck to think of he and Blair not being together anymore, when he still had no idea what was going on. But in true Bass fashion he caught on :) Smart cookie. -The valut- OMG! YAY!

I loved Blair version of the fairytale, and how she was not just a princess, but a future Queen, another great detail and completely accurate. :) I totally thought it was Chuck at the door, but I was glad to see it was Eric, he really is brilliant. I loved the way you described Chuck and Blair's relationship as becoming coexisting with punctuated grand gestures. I am so glad that Blair is realizing that life is what comes between those big events and that the everyday is what makes them Chuck and Blair, but so do the grand events.

The whole ballroom scene was beyond words. I lvoed that Blair wasn't even sure that Chuck would show, but wore the yellow dress, for him anyway. (And I still contend that she knew he would show up for her.) He did show and he was wearing purple! My favorite :) Blair's little speech was amazing and she does mean it she gets it, but Chuck was beyond words. His memories of her and how he knows the number and how each of them are significant to him and how much she means to him, I actually started to tear up by "The petals of twenty nine scattered in a trail from the door to the bed on the first night we slep in our apartment." And I was a mess from then on. So beautifully written :)

I was melting on the floor when Chuck was blushing and that he wanted her to know it was not what she originally thought it was LOL! He just wanted to give her everything she wanted, but she made him realize it is much easier than he had once thought and that he is the happy ending. :) I am so glad they get to go home... now and celebrate in true Chuck and Blair form. LOL!

I have loved this story; I am sad that it is over, but I am sure whatever you write next will draw me in just the way this one did. The way each chapter took them one step closer to getting to where it ended tonight was amazing and full of rich details that kept my imagination going and able to picture every scene to the smallest thing. Amazing story; I promise it will be one I read over and over. :)
abelard chapter 8 . 12/22/2009
*weeping with happiness* OMG, that was the BEST! AWESOME! I love and adore this story beyond anything. From their first meeting to their engagement, and the proposal was so perfect! I love that it starts out with a kind-of fight and ends with them engaged. Wonderful! You are a GENIUS! Thank you for writing this!
JNYC chapter 8 . 12/22/2009
FANTASTICC!
READER120 chapter 8 . 12/22/2009
O i loved this plz do a sequel
atomicseasoning chapter 6 . 12/22/2009
Good fic so far! I love Chapter 6 19. :)