Reviews for The Feel of an Unfinished Fight
MalaZh chapter 1 . 6/26
First, it's been SO long since ATLA, I don't even know why I started reading again and which force of nature drove me to your story

Second, I have to admit, I've only watched The Southern Raiders AFTER I have finished reading your story (As a die-hard Zutara ship crew, I was highly disappointed upon knowing that the series finished with Kataang that I just stopped watching and turned to fics instead)

Third, I love everything in there (points up and down). Would've liked Zuko to be less of a beggar and man up more, but points on his soft side with a firebending background, no?

Fourth, because I like things in quartets, is how you made them feel like they both won. Katara with the physical battle (and overcoming herself), and Zuko with finally getting his goal :)

Well done!
Dawn on fire chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Your story totally kicked the original's butt to Ba Sing Se and back. I loved it, and i do think that, coupled with the part where Azula attacked, it would have filled the episode. Loved this piece and i plan on reading some of your other work.
Pentastic chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
This was good and gasp I agree with you criticisms of the show. Good job.
caspasta chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
this was a brilliant piece of work - keep writing, honey! maybe you could make a continuation :)
ebonyrose97 chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Amen. "mr goody goody" was painful
SaffronDaise chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Wow, that was amazing! You're definitely right about this being a fantastic way for them to work out there differences, and I loved the whole bit about her using the pull and him sensing the coming comet and feeling his strength growing with every day and then especially her trying to work out how to bloodbend him properly and making mistakes.

Umm, gosh, what else? Just, great job! The fight was easy to follow, they seemed very in character, and I could visualize all of it very easily. Really, really well done. Thanks for posting this alternative to canon!
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
I liked the episode, but I really liked this to, and thought it worked very well.

-Dyslexic Nerd
ThisIsTrueImmortality chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
That was very bipolar. But I loved it! Zutara is bipolar, it seems, and yet frighteningly consistent. :D
Thomas Blaine chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Awesome as hell, though I disagree with your last assessment.

In my opinion, twelve minutes of Zuko and Katara taking their frustrations out on each other, spanning a well-animated and action-packed bending duel with strong emotional undertones and fast-paced dialogue, complete with mirrored contrast to the fight under Ba Sing Se and the exhausted "homecoming", would prove an incredibly dramatic and satisfying conclusion to both Zuko's FINAL and COMPLETE initiation into the Gaang, and Katara's coming of age subplot.

Also because we never, throughout season 3, got anything even resembling a gratifying Firebending vs. Waterbending battle.
amethyst85 chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
ha, I definitely agree with your little rant there at the end about TSR. Nearly the whole episode was OOC and poorly written! I like your ending better! :) Nice job!
bah humDOG chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
thank you thank you thank you! you are so right about that episode. i feel better reading your story...and your little rant. thanks!
twounderscorethreefour chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
This was SO DARK and SO DRAMATIC. Bloodbending has always been disturbing to me and you captured it in the most terrifically horrific way. The part where she made him hurt her, and how unforgiving and harsh she was.. and then the confession... absolutely brilliant. You're a fantastic writer, and this was amazing.
cyathula chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
brilliantly done, and I absolutely agree on how Souther Raiders was a sad, sad excuse of an episode!
wolf's lament chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who watched Southern Raiders and thought 'that's it?' It always seemed a bit selfish on both their parts and in a sense I understood that, but considering how amazing The Boiling Rock and The Firebending Masters were I guess I had hoped for more.

I liked how this was done. The little bloodbending and the fact Zuko still trusts her at the end goes to show how far he had come in the series. I also liked how ultimately Katara still couldn't kill him (giving the good part of the Southern Raiders that killing wasn't the answer) and was able to overcome her insecurities to trust him (again).
Jade Sabre chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
your authorial note

as I was reading the fic, I was thinking, yes, yes, here's all the stuff they never said, here's her saying it's not just about the Fire Nation and my mother, but also about _you_ and _me_ and the fact that _it is personal_, and then I read your author's note and it seems like we had the same thoughts! I funneled my frustrations into my 2008 Zutara Week prompts, and you made this gorgeous, gorgeous, rage-filled, bitter, harsh, glorious battle.

just wonderful.