Reviews for Murder Most 'Orrible
FailedKeikaku chapter 1 . 1/20
Ah yes, it's been many times i happen to run into this fic and then end up reading about 4 more of yours... Good job!
David chapter 21 . 11/30/2021
Another piece of brilliant story telling, what more can I say. Good solid characters, thorough canon, flows beautifully a proper page turner again. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2020
I was rereading some of your old stories (they remain interesting) and found a few small errors in this page. Let me list them:
- There are two notes marked as (2).
- The word "noficial" should probably be "unofficial".
marmota-b chapter 21 . 10/25/2015
And so it ends. I'm reading your stories out of order, so I knew where it was leading, but I still enjoyed the way you got us there. And since I like happy endings that are new beginnings...
marmota-b chapter 11 . 10/24/2015
As a Sewasaurus Rex with an interest in historical clothing, I feel compelled to point out that bumrolls don't usually go with tight skirts.
They usually go with skirts gathered or pleated to a waistband, with sufficient fullness to accentuate said bum shape and hide at least one pocket opening with a pocket worthy of the elder Lancre witches. So, in light of that, I find it much more likely that Johanna might find the skirt too long and full and bloody getting in her wey, how does one welk up steirs in this?, rather than too tight. And ladies of the Assassin persuasion might, in fact, find them *very* useful.
To see what I mean, kindly look up an article entitled "Late 18th Century Skirt Supports: Bums, Rumps, & Culs" online - with FF linking being what it is, I won't attempt a direct link. It's got pictorial evidence.
Costumers' blogs in general are a great way to get an insight into the practical matters connected to the wearing of historical clothes, awfully useful in fanfic writing - including the fact that corsets aren't really such torture devices after all. I commend you for not really going down the hardbeaten untruthful way, just pointing out that it's a different experience for the uninitiated. Although a well-fitting corset shouldn't be *uncomfortable* as such, either. For women of an Agnes Nutter disposition, they are far more comfortable than a bra, in fact. The restriction an Assassin would likely not enjoy is the fact they somewhat restrict bending. But they - I'm thinking largely of Emmanuelle here - might also secretely enjoy the fact that a well-boned corset is basically concealed armour...
Saying all this because I mostly enjoy your stories a lot - to the extent that I just keep reading through and forget to comment - and I thought you might, what with being a man, find this sort of knowledge useful for future use.
(Living on Discworld, I would dread meeting a female assassin wearing a hat... with hat pins.)
marmota-b chapter 4 . 10/24/2015
Re: 5): I'm afraid you may know, but I don't. I was expecting more from a footnote. What is the significance of a Red Door? (Or a White one, or a Green one.)

Clever indeed about the hay.
Madjedjjlill chapter 21 . 3/9/2015
Another well written engrossing tale by the master.
I would love to read a sequel to this.
Your characters are so well written but you don't go overboard with descriptions like some stories I've read. Yet I see the story played out in my head like only a master story teller achieve.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 10 . 9/20/2014
Did you hear about the sweatshirt from Kent? Urban Outfitters was auctioning it, bloodstains and all!
Guest chapter 7 . 10/15/2012
Poor Rincewind . . .
GuesssWho chapter 10 . 10/15/2012
LOL, Mr cough.
Page-Mistress chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
...So, wait, how do the British pronounce "z" then?
Redblade chapter 21 . 4/7/2011
I've been reading through most of your Discworld fics (and frown on myself to only leave one comment now, bad me, tut tut. ;)

I am... over-awed with the quality of your work. I found you (properly, at least, as I seem to have read an occasional shorter fanfic of yours in the past) through this fic, and enjoyed it possibly as much as I have ever enjoyed the works of sir Arthur Conan Doyle, or Terry Pratchett himself.

I'm an avid fan of mystery, and of all Discworld relating to the goings-on of Ankh-Morpork, its Watch, Patrician and Guilds. And with all authority bestowed upon me (which happens to be none at all) I pronounce you a genious in literature. I especially love the way you've fleshed out the minor characters, and the attention to detail and amount of dedication it must have taken to elaborate so much on the 'official' information there is concerning the Assassins Guild, as well as, well, everything else.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I tend to get quite talkative when exited over something. :)
Freyalyn chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
A completely different take on "Rosy-fingered Dawn" - love it.
igbogal chapter 21 . 5/13/2010
Heartwarming endings are pretty rare when it comes to stories of murder and suspense, but you pulled it off here with flair. Davinia's kids are discovering new careers and girls, the(thankfully)former Mrs. Langworthy-Eccles is on the road to recovery, and her odious ex finally got his in a suiitably creatiive way. There were interesting little twists right up until the end too, like Davinia acing her exam by demonstrating better dying through chemistry. ;) It's been a long, fun ride - thanks a bunch!
I-Am-The-Stig chapter 21 . 5/6/2010
that was awesome!
i forgot to review a chapter or two ago, but i especially enjoyed the bit about the monk discovering the darkness and moving to the city to find confusing, LoL (i mean that literally, people were looking at me).
also i noticed that you tend to forget the "T" in "THE" and it appeared in the third chapter about the indians too.

anyway, this story was fantastic. if you were an author i would certainly buy your books!