Reviews for Taken
toboldlyfangirl chapter 13 . 7/8
God, your beautiful stories will never cease to amaze me. I always come back to you for the best hurt Spock fics. your writing is just so wonderful and filled with character. I love this fic especially, and often come back to it when craving some h/c. you're such a wonderful writer. I read in your bio that you are moving to ao3 (as did I!), and I'm glad to see that you're active over there. I hope you keep it up, and that you have plans for more awesome star trek fics!
Guest chapter 14 . 3/29/2015
Ah, my god. I read this a year ago and decided to come back to read it again, as I was missing it dearly. It's just such an amazing piece of literature, it got me so emotional once again. It was even more saddening for me as thinking of Spock at all will instantly remind me of Leonard Nimoy's recent passing away. Gosh I'm just so sad right now, I miss knowing that he was alive here on earth. Anyway, this story is beautiful and a bit of a comfort, and now I'm off to read a couple other of my favourites by you. (Eclipse is what I'm going straight on to next :)) I love you and your wonderful stories! Thank you! *hug*

I. A. Johansen chapter 14 . 3/21/2014
Alright! Your story was excellent! Well thought out and wonderfully executed. The only thing that's been bothering me is the process of rendering Spock's voice null. Judging from human anatomy (I understand you could write the discrepancy off as Vulcan anatomy), the vocal chords can't be harmed using the process you described. The vocal chords are simply taught flaps of tissue that vibrate when air is forced through them. Words and other distinct sounds are formed purely by the shape of the inside of the mouth for vowels, and the use of lips, tongue, and teeth for consonants. Also, I one of the earlier chapters, the first or second, you described Spock's voice as coming out as nothing but an airy wheeze. This also is a minor problem, as the air is making a sound, so, using your articulators (lips, teeth, and tongue), speech at a whisper would have been possible, as whispering doesn't use the vocal chords. Despite the anatomical problem, your story was extremely fun to read. The relationship between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, was very well depicted, especially the main pairing. Well done on this story. The only thing I recommend for future endeavors is that you do a little bit of research before you harm a body part. But other than that well done!
toboldlyfangirl chapter 14 . 7/17/2013
Oh my God, that was so amazing! The epilogue just wrapped the story up so nicely, and made me feel very happy with how this whole ordeal turned out. :))
Thank you so much for all your fantastic and heartfelt work, it got a lot of emotions out of me and as I've said, that is greatly appreciated. Your OCs were awesome and realistic, as were the events! Thank you so so so much!
newaunty chapter 14 . 7/17/2013
This was the most wonderful story.

Everything, everyone was in character, I could easily visualise this happening as part of TOS canon.

It was nice to see Kirk as Spock's friend, rather than his lover (yes, I know, most of us arrived here by looking for K/S, but but some gen - sort of - has it's place sometimes). I also appreciated seeing Spock and McCoy act in character - Spock feeling mortified at telling what happened, but having the common sense (logic) to know he had to, and to do so. And McCoy acting as the medical professional that he is.

I was really afraid that Spock's mutilations would be permanent - thank you for not making them so!

Thank you also for writing this, and posting it, and choosing to share it with all of us.
toboldlyfangirl chapter 9 . 7/16/2013
Awww, what a sweet moment between Bones and Spock. I almost cried... again... I also almost cried when Spock got his sight back. Definitely teared up then.
Your writing is beautiful, I get so lost in the worlds and emotions in your stories. Highly appreciated!
toboldlyfangirl chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Oh dear, I almost cried reading this! I don't want Spock to get hurt for what he did... :(
But on a better note, Spock is so noble and courageous and good-hearted! What a man! *swoon* I'd be lying if I said I don't wanna marry that guy and have ten of his children... is this getting too personal? Haha.
toboldlyfangirl chapter 3 . 7/15/2013
Oh man... Poor Spock, my baby! *covers face*
I really love Lamesh's kindness towards him, it's reassuring, but I'm still so worried for Spock...
Guest chapter 14 . 6/9/2012
I'm so glad that the slaver died. And is burning in hell. I am so mad that anyone would do such a thing. Doing it to Spock just made it even worse. Good story I really like it. I'm just sad for spock. I have a huge chrush on the guy. Poor pointed ear green blooded hobgoblin!
Guest chapter 5 . 6/9/2012
Poor spock.
Starsmith chapter 14 . 7/18/2011
Wow, that was a really amazing story. I really loved your OC. I admire the way you handled the torture; it was clearly not just mindless abuse without any plot. Also, the sex scenes with Spock and Delash were perfect - the decriptions were some of the best I've read. I also liked the chapter with Sarek. I had hoped we would see him again, helping Spock heal and standing with him at the trial.

I also enjoyed the correct spelling/grammar. While everyone was very in character, I don't think this could be an episode because the subject matter is too explicit.
silkyselkie chapter 14 . 5/27/2011
This is such a great and powerful story. You have a lot of interesting and well-written original characters. I'm so glad to finally see someone pair Spock with a male OC. Delash is just purely awesome. :)
nothingcomestomind chapter 14 . 4/30/2011
After rejecting this story the many times I've encountered it (the brutality of muting and blinding was a turn-off), I finally decided to read. Though I almost disengaged a couple of times, I'm glad I finished it! I don't know why it's so rare to see Spock paired with others besides K, U, C, and esp. with any male but Kirk, and I appreciate your venture into that little explored space. Kirk was a bit too absent in the story, and so was a sense of shock and outrage through the entire story - so much so, it was disconcerting. Another distraction; Spock telling McCoy more than medically necessary details during initial exam - 'I had to use my hand...' That's info. Bones could still have come to know, through Spock's no doubt detailed report. I've read other works you've written and enjoyed them, too, but I'd encourage you to always try to find plausible ways to make happen that which you wish to convey - Kirk would never have involved victims in capturing their tormentors. I hope you're still actively writing - it's more than I do:-)
Doni chapter 14 . 3/23/2011
Such a painful yet moving story. Truly well done. I love your Delash and the role he played for Spock to begin to heal. And there is just something touching in him 'sending' Spock back to Jim. A very hopeful ending for a dark beginning.
TotallyCaptivated chapter 11 . 3/9/2011
Oh…I thought this was KirkXSpock…