Reviews for A Star to Steer Her By
cybersocks chapter 47 . 3/9
If I have a favorite single piece that you've written, this is it. Love a Vulcan who respects and appreciates Spock for his human heritage, rather than despising it. Love Spock taking care of Jim. Love that Spock chooses his captain's human needs over the demands of his own Vulcan dignity, even in front of a peer he might wish to impress. Yeah, just love. :)
I love Spock's observation about Rock, Paper, Scissors - I used to wonder that myself when I was little, when I first learned it! I thought it would make much more sense for the rock to pin down the paper, like a paperweight, than for the paper to "cover" the rock. Hmm, maybe I was a more logical kid than I thought. ;) Good to know someone else has had the same idea!
Wow. I wish I could read the rest of this. Now, I've no right whatsoever to complain given the huge amount of material you've made available here for us to read for free, and I don't intend to. I just intend to give you the compliment of letting you know that I enjoyed this and was pulled in so much that I really wanted to know how it ended.

Also, it would have been so easy for a power-of-positive-emotions theme to turn sappy, and in the hands of a lesser writer it probably would have. Kudos to you for taking a cliche and making it a page-turner. I'm impressed.
sirensbane chapter 32 . 2/13
This is hilarious. I totally wish this were so that we saw explicitly in the show. I can't help picturing Thor and Loki doing something similar pre-Thor movie.
sirensbane chapter 31 . 2/13
I burst out laughing at the end of this one. I love it! Snarky Vulcan humor.
Random Ruth chapter 64 . 1/31
You're such a good writer and you understand these characters so well, I just *heart eyes*
sunshine-kin chapter 39 . 11/10/2016
I'm rereading this series again (I can't tell how many times I did already) and this chapter is definitely one of my favorites! Love it :)
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 37 . 11/7/2016
You sneaky duo. Thinking you're getting away with it all. For two geniuses, they can be really oblivious to...literally EVERYTHING else going on around them. Aren't they aware by now that the whole crew is in on their "hate-each-other-opposites-DON'T-attract" ploy?

Ah, well. That'd probably just ruin it. Best to leave 'em in the dark a bit longer, eh?
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 31 . 11/7/2016
OOOOOOOOOOOOH.
*Phasers fired*
*PADDs breaking*

Vulcan BURN.

Whoever says Vulcans don't have emotions have CLEARLY never been on board the Enterprise. Or met Spock. Or both.
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 30 . 11/7/2016
Oh, McCoy. Sometimes I believe you're the most devious member of the Enterprise crew. Oh, well. I guess he can always chalk it up to "it helps the morale of the crew (and especially the captain's good humor), so I can do it and still count it as my medical duty".
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 17 . 11/7/2016
*Long-suffering Sigh*
Kirk and Spock need a Mom Friend. It's a good thing that Bones is that ever-present Mom Friend. They really do need him.
And of course they'd plan an elaborate plan to break out of Medbay.
'Course, then McCoy'd just hypo 'em into oblivion before they made it halfway to the door, so who'd be the real winner in the end? :)
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 5 . 11/7/2016
*whispers hoarsely*
'Course there's premonition, McCoy. But you're just a doctor, not an oracle. How would you know?

*grins widely*
I love premonition. I'm definitely favoriting and following this. Wonderful work! You've managed to describe emotions and characters with only a few paragraphs/words, which is always something I find hard to do myself. So congrats on that accomplishment!
FrankieHS chapter 64 . 10/29/2016
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this! Thanks!
ChamaeleonEyes chapter 60 . 10/6/2016