Reviews for Empty Classrooms
Kurai Ummei chapter 8 . 3/4/2014
Your premise was fascinating, you wrote the characters well, and dialogue was fluid and interesting. How you told the story seemed an incredible let down to me, however. It could have been a rather epic, heart stopping, dangerous tale... and instead it was a few backstory-heavy ficlets. Oh well.
Anonymousey chapter 8 . 1/24/2014
This is an amazing fic. I'm just surprised that it doesn't have more reviews. I think maybe because it does not read like a typical piece of fanfiction- it challenges the mind. It's definitely an intellectual endeavor. Worthy of Hermione Granger, I might say. Anyway, this was beautiful written, and the characters were so lovingly drawn, I could tell. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you.
HolyheadHarpies chapter 8 . 12/5/2013
The story you have written is wonderful. The ideas behind the antimagic matter is fascinating, and you switch between Remus and Hermione seamlessly.

I really enjoyed reading it.
Lupinesence chapter 8 . 5/31/2013
Love this fic, it's incredible :)
ThePublicSector chapter 7 . 12/16/2012
I really appreciated how you've incorporated the very human tragedies of Remus (dealing with the aftermath of James/Lily, his unemployment, the loneliness of his lycanthropy) and Hermione (her obsession with work, the relationship with Ron suffering) with a well-thought out treatise on the nature of magic.

A wonderfully intelligent piece of writing - and a true rarity in the fanfiction world! Thank you so much for writing.
Nemaya chapter 8 . 9/13/2012
This story was simply amazing. I loved how you wrote each chapter first with Remus as the main character and later with Hermione as the main character. I loved how you mixed scientific thinking and writing and day-to-day life of the characters, with small things being the trigger for interesting thoughts and inspiration for study. And your way of getting rid of the Elder Wand is simply genius! I wonder if they'll be able to get rid of most of the anti-magic in the world in a similar way. That would be great.
This story really made me think about magical theory and why it's important to know basic stuff about magic before actually starting learning it. I remember the first year students having a book about magical theory, so I guess they do learn some things, but most wizards and witches don't really get into it, I think.
So in short: A great story that is definitely worthy of my favourites list. :)
Aves Argent chapter 8 . 7/28/2012
Beautiful story. I don't know why it doesn't have more reviews! The theories on magic (and antimagic) were incredibly intriguing and grounded, and the science was so well balanced out with the more sentimental parts. I particularly liked your character portrayals – you didn't have anyone being all out 'good' or all out 'bad' – they were all believable, from Dumbledore's geriatric hippie looks overlaying a will of steel ("I did not plan on dying today") to Babbling's older, scarier Luna Lovegood. Last but not least, I especially enjoyed the format of the chapters: Lupin's journey juxtaposed against Hermione's journey as she discovers his legacy. My only minor criticism is that I thought the denouement was a little long; the Teddy scenes between the big moments of the conclusion (Harry's invitation, Hermione's thoughts) could have been shortened. But this is just me being picky. Because overall this story was an amazing blend of fiction, science, investigation, and character relationships. I can't wait to read more of your work.
LadyMoontime chapter 8 . 12/21/2011
This story was every bit as amazing as I had hoped it would be. Well done on sticking it through till the end - many great authors never do. I never have. What I'm trying to say is... this was really well thought-out, meticulous and sentimental (but not quite cliche), and I loved every minute of it.

Keep Writing!

LadyMoontime
LadyMoontime chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
What a great story this is turning out to be. Well worded (seemingly well-researched, at least well-versed in politics) and intriguing more than any other I have ever read. I can't wait to read more...
Anonymous Reader chapter 8 . 11/28/2010
I am in awe of this story. The amount of inventive logic/facts/theory is amazing. Plus the plot and layout are original. I'm so jealous because the first trait mentioned is the one I lack most in my creative writing. Such intricacy is lost in my head. My vocabulary and imagination rock but depth needs improving over here.

Awesome job, you should continue, possibly work on publishing your own story.

It's really fun, writing your own potential publishing story, I started one, but am on hold due to the aformentioned lacking and my busy life.
perfidiouspink chapter 8 . 6/8/2010
This was wonderful and moving. Great writing, and so well-thought out, I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing! :)
wizzardofoz chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
This is one of the best fanfiction stories I have read. The switches between Hermione's and Remus' point of view was great. The exposition of magical "theory" was great. When it ended though there were loose ends.

I was left with the feeling that much like Remus's papers this was only an outline. That some later story would take this concept and make it great. I urge you to write that story.
RainbowKatie chapter 8 . 2/12/2010
I cannot even explain how much I enjoyed this work.

I do not read works like this one normally because they are often hard to find and are at quite a dense standard, this is certainly not the case for your work here!

Thank you for writing this as this shall enter very highly on my list of favorite fanfiction works. I'm quite tempted to print it out due to it being so wonderful.

Thank you.
writer formerly known as lm chapter 8 . 2/2/2010
great fic. exactly what the fandom should be full of.
Avi W. Lovegood chapter 8 . 12/30/2009
nt beleive its done! I have loved this story and have read it so many times over. I love it so much, best story on fanfic. Keep up the amazing work!