Reviews for Stupid
sandycub chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Oh I love this! I watched (okay, rewatched for the hundredth time...) Yellow Fever again today and went to spnstoryfinder to see what fics where out there tied to this episode. I saw this fic recced there and it sounded good. However, it was just so perfect and exactly what I wanted. I loved how you had Dean acknowledge how much Sam (and Bobby) came through for him in getting rid of the ghost and saving him.

It is just so wonderfully written! Thanks for sharing your talent, I will be checking out other fics of yours!
Girl-of-Geekery chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
AWWWWWWW

This story is AMAZING.

Sammy is just so impossibly sweet and my heart just breaks for him.

I love how you've written him in this and did this take on him dealing with the aftermath of this episode.

"Sam hadn't been feeling too little, he'd been feeling too much, holding it all in until he couldn't hold it in anymore."

That was perfect.

And of course Big Brother Dean is always wonderful. :D

Great job!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
They did need a little more brotherly concern in that episode.
kirallie chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Now why couldn't the show have shown stuff like this? Must admit the only reason I like s4 at all is that they didn't leave Dean dead and Cas is cute. Didn't like what thye did to the brothers at all, but you made it better!
Hermione's Shadow chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
AWWWW! I loved it! :D :D
Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Yeah, if my brother almost died, I would cry too. :) Great tag, love the emotion and how Dean was scared that Sam didn't care that he almost died again. Now why can't canon add these nice angsty scenes anyway? I wonder if J&J would have a probably with that. LOL

Amazing job, Clair. Waiting impatiently for your next fic, which is weird, 'cause I haven't finished all your other ones yet. Huh. Oh well. :)

As Always,

Joee
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Short, but oh so sweet, loved it. Can imagine Dean wondering why Sam is not showing much emotion seeing as he nearly died again but to then find him in the Impala crying, realising he cared too much and had tried to hold in his emotions. Perfectly believable Sam turning round and not seeing Dean triggered the emotions of loss yet again and had him holding onto Dean's jacket for dear life to try and anchor him. Beautiful moment between the brothers and awesome writing, perfect.
Receneck chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Oh jeez :) that was so cute! good job!
snsw25kr14 chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
This was an amazing oneshot, that held so much, in so little words.

Dean's wonderment of why Sam isn't all gunghoe on him being back, seemed so in character.

Dean's confusion as to why Sam doesn't hang all over him, smother him 24/7 was great to read.

I loved the idea of Sam breaking down because he turned around and thought Dean was gone, both literally and figurativley. The idea that Sam won't break while Dean is around is complicated. Because I think, at this point, Sam felt as though there was no option in being weak, because if he showed an ounce of weakness, it would've killed him, again both literally and figurativley. Sam's breakdown is so raw and open, it broke my heart. However, what put my heart back together was Dean's understanding and compassion towards Sam. The realization that even as tough as Sam acts, he is still so fragile and easily broken.

Throughout the 4th season, I was always getting so angry with Dean, at his pure arrogance and distain for Sam, as though Sam was the root of all evil in the world. Sam needed Dean and Dean was too blind to see that. Thankfully, it seems as the 5th season progresses they're getting thier relationship back.

Sorry for this long review!

: )

-Kaylee
amyblair chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Aw, this isn't stupid, but I love the title anyway.

Touching and nice. I hope that off camera, the boys had some kind of a moment like this.

Nicely done. Thanks.
Oscared chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Adored this. Emotional without crossing the line into sappy. The little touches of humor topped it all off nicely. Thank you for sharing.
Micaiah chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
That was beautiful. *sigh*
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Oh - man!

Love the 'I won't walk away that far again' - and the - 'Did the jacket say something mean to you' bits best!

Damn, girl...what you do to me! This was like one of those cool Kleenx commercials that get you all choked up!

You so rock!

Karen
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Hey, this was perfect. I loved it. Just what I needed with this season showing the boys so distant. Thanks. Hugs, Vonnie
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
“Don’t make me do it for you.”

Oh claire you do me in every time! I'm smiling and warm tears are dripping down my cheeks from the corners of my eyes. This was a great study of self reflection on Dean's part and so natural that he, us-humans-would view the world in a centric way until the obvious nudged us. Like seeing Sam clinging on to the lather jacket and suddenly realizing he wept for 'us'.

And a great job of the older brother dynamic Dean used to 'gentle' Sam into talking it out. "why don't you hang on to it for a while"-perfect.