Reviews for Once A Pirate
lovely and amazing story!
Ingrid Elise chapter 13 . 5/31/2010
OMG! I love this story! Wow, what a lovely pairing, and it's so nice that James finally got someone who loves him. Aww :) I seriously hope there is more!
damsel-in-stress chapter 14 . 1/3/2010
That was a wonderful end to a lovely little story. :)

It leaves us with that pleasantly warm and fuzzy feeling. Quite an emotional final chapter, with the beautiful reunion scene where James and Isabella, which made me smile. James was characteristically embarrassed but rather more forward than usual, proving her really does love Isabella. The kiss was sweet. :)

Still, you mange to make us feel sorry for Cutler in the midst of our happiness with James and Isabella.

“Once James got better he was going to have Isabella all to himself. Not that he had much hope in ever getting her, she had even seemed to resent him, but she had planted herself in his icy heart, and over time she had caused it to melt. And now he was going to lose her. But at least she would be happy.”

That bit was really masterfully done. Quite beautiful. :'[

I liked the end. The last line had a nice final feel, like he’s signing off. It’s also quite heart wrenching and I commend you on making us feel sorry for a character that is far from universally liked.

I’ll certainly be interested in seeing what you write for a sequel. There is a lot of good lovely territory for love triangles and angst and romance. What more could we want? :P

~Damsel
Oceangoddess chapter 14 . 1/2/2010
Aww, that was so cute! I'll be on the look out for the sequel :D
damsel-in-stress chapter 13 . 12/27/2009
What a lovely chapter! One thing I really adored is that you’ve given Cutler Beckett a conscience and a heart. His conversation with Cecil was so touching. I really felt sorry for him when he gave the news of James’ death to her.

I thought you wrote Isabella’s heartbreak quite beautifully. The fact James was going to propose to her was a lovely poignant touch. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

And of course, I punched the air when we found out James is alive! :D

I am so SO pleased you choose not to kill him off. That would of broken my heart, not to mention Isabella’s. The authors of AWE should never have killed him off, it was pointless and, although beautifully done, a real letdown.

Anyways, I am certainly interested to see what happens next - especially what you have in mind for Beckett. It’s upsetting that this story is drawing to a close but I look forward to the happily ever after. (Fingers crossed) ;)

~Damsel

PS. I hope you had a good Christmas! :D
Oceangoddess chapter 13 . 12/24/2009
HE'S ALIVE! I'm so happy! I wonder why Cutler's being nice? Looking forward to the next chapter :D
Oceangoddess chapter 12 . 12/18/2009
I knew this was gonna happen but it's still sad! What's going to happen to Isabella when she finds out! Will James survive? I can't wait for the next update :D
damsel-in-stress chapter 12 . 12/17/2009
Oh, no! That is terrible. He can not be dead! That would be too heartbreaking. Especially after everything was just starting to go smoothly.

I love the fact the mother is starting to come around to the couple. I like how her character is developing, that you proved she does have a heart there somewhere and she loves her daughter despite their differences of opinion. Sweet.

The scene with Cutler made me smile. James' amusing love-induced euphoria was brilliant. Cutler's reaction to it was priceless. "Cutler's legs slid off the desk, "What?" he asked, surprised. When had this happened?" :D

The end of the chapter was horrible and unexpected! Despite what we knew of AWE we didn't see it happening in this...

It was certainly worth the wait. I am begging for a swift update from you as I am on the edge of my seat to see how you finish this little love story! I wonder how this will link with AWE from now on? Will there be a happy ending? Top marks on capturing your audience’s undivided attention...

~Damsel :)
Pirate Fangirl chapter 12 . 12/16/2009
NO *sadness*
damsel-in-stress chapter 11 . 12/3/2009
Like I said when I first read the chapter – I think this one is a fabulous emotional rollercoaster!

At the start I was staring in disbelief at what Mrs Dobbs was doing to her daughter and then I wanted to kick Norrington for believing the nasty old bat. Towards the end I started to cheer up as Cecil appeared to help sort things out and then finally I was punching the air for joy at the lovely ending scene. Is it in vain that I hope things will continue to be happy for our favourite couple? :)

“He turned around and came face to face with Isabella. His heart skipped a beat, he wanted to gather her in his arms, but he kept them at his sides. He wanted to tell her he was glad she was there to say good-bye. But he didn't. She probably wasn't there for him. It was probably Beckett she came for.”

- I LOVE that part. It made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy at the same time as making me incredibly frustrated at James. As any good James/OC author will tell you, he can be so dense sometimes. ;)

“James grabbed her hand and looked straight in her eyes. "I will return as fast as possible, my love. Wait for me?"

She smiled at him. "Yes, forever."”

Cheesy – but perfectly placed! :D ADORABLE!

I’m still worried about Beckett though. Only an update will tell me if my suspicions about that fellow are to be confirmed.

~Damsel :)
Athena Liu chapter 11 . 12/2/2009
Ah ha! I read all 11 chapters at one go! It was terrific! :) Keep writing! Go for it, James!
Oceangoddess chapter 11 . 12/1/2009
YES! Stupid Mrs. Dobbs didn't stop their love! I was afraid James would leave still mad at Isabella and she wouldn't have a chance to explain until much later!
damsel-in-stress chapter 10 . 11/28/2009
I am deeply apologetic for not reviewing sooner, life has been hectic.

Gah. Kick you beta a few times for me. “Now is the time to be brave. You can fight fearsome pirates, risk my life to get Davy Jones’s heart, but you can’t tell a woman that she is beautiful?” ‘My life’ should be ‘your life’ as he’s talking about himself in the third person. :)

Anyways, that was a particularly good chapter in my opinion. I adore the really sweet moment in the carriage at the start and think Isabella and James are evolving into a wonderfully cute couple. They are so touchingly awkward and unsure. It is rather beautifully done actually.

"I could say the same to you. N-Not the beautiful part,” she stammered, “I meant that you look-oh darn!” She turned red, and she looked at him, embarrassed, then said, “Let me start over.”

I. Love. It! Isabella is really turning into someone we can be fond of and relate too. We can’t help hoping it will be a happy ending for the two of them. Except Beckett keeps turning up and spoiling my plans. :(

"The next dance is mine." For some reason that line is rather chilling. Hateful man!

The end of this is an interresting cliff-hanger. I can’t possibly imagine what Mrs Dobbs wants to tell him.

I am intrigued..

~Damsel :D
Oceangoddess chapter 10 . 11/24/2009
Uh oh, she's probably going to make up something about Isabella and then he'll get mad and Cutler will try to get her! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter to find out what she says :D
damsel-in-stress chapter 9 . 11/11/2009
I really love that chapter too. The end note is such a dramatic, foreboding one. Very cleverly placed.

One thing, you didn't delete some of my beta at the start of this. You'll want to just get rid of my comments on commas, I think. :P

"It's not just him, James." She stopped and looked at him. "It's you." - Ooh, my heart did a little dance. So sweet!

Cutler Beckett is terrible! So is Isabella's mother. They're conspiring to keep James and Isabella apart and get Isabella together with Beckett. NO! That is not going to happen. I shall stop reading if it does. Isabella and James are utterly beautiful together. "He sat down by her and gathered her in his arms. I don't want to leave you. Ever." Aww... My fangirl tendencies are showing now. ;)

"Smashed. Destroyed. Forgotten." Oh, dear. Ouch.

I am definitely interested to see what happens after that episode. Things are going to get even tenser - I can tell.

~Damsel :D