Reviews for Breaking News
Babette12 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
"Don't take your hands off the wheel. You'll be just fine." So, our little Bella is driving the relationship more than she realizes? I’m guessing Carlisle knows his son and sees when the boy is flummoxed.

So Bella has a female lawyer, but I’m sure Bella knows that ‘he’ is used as third person gender neutral, doesn’t she? I understand how some women get riled up by that, but she's a journalist, so wouldn't she know this grammar rule? As an aside, I like to tease my male coworkers (since I'm in science, that's most of them) that their gender is neutral when writing. Some of them also find this funny.

Privacy screen? Can I have one of those for when my kids are driving me nuts? Although I’m sure they would find the sunroof as well. Oh well.

"Gave his mother every grey hair she has" – I have a child like that! She just made me a grandmother. Funny, I don’t remember getting old.

I'll look up the thread soon! I've been failing at them recently, fall is as busy as spring in the garden, but since it's snowing I should have some time tonight. Sorry the review is choppy. I was making notes as I went so I wouldn't forget anything! I simply love your stories! Thanks so much for writing them and making me smile.
lskmom chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
LMAO at poor flummacks (I have not a freakin clue how to spell that word and I am way too lazy to look it up) Bella. I think rounds 1 through who knows what are all going to Edward. I hope somehow she can throw him off just a little bit but at the moment, I am not seeing how.
ladyshep chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
ok so for every chapter i read in books or FF I have a favorite part or sentence or phrase (i'm kind of a nerd). So this chapter is

"I marveled at his ability to piss me off from this distance."

I think I laughed for a good ten min at this, God I love Bella in this story. I love that she is quick, smart, tough and sometimes very vulnerable. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to read more.
arfalcon chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Loved this! I love all the jargon, too. I know nothing about television newscasts, or any of the behind the scenes stuff. I have a few friends who've written for the NYTimes and the Journal, been foreign correspondents, etc., but that's about as far as it goes. Oh, except that one of my kids grew up with one of Deborah Norville's kids, but that doesn't really count (except to say that Deborah's a better mom than her career (?) would suggest).

Love the fireworks between Isabella and Edward. I just hope she calms down enough to do her thing as well as she usually does, without getting flustered on camera. I LOVED the line "brains didn't sag or wrinkle and would serve me better over the long term". Hooray for the smart girls!
jenmerc chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Thanks for explaining some of the terms at the end! You totally lost me on the parachute thing:) great chapter and i just love her cocky attitude. Its great to see bella as strong on the outside as she is on the inside.
SassyK chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Great chapter! Loved the snark between them, should make for a spirited dinner conversation, lol.

I just love the premise of this story. Curious, though...do you have a background in news or are you just one helluva researcher?

Thanks for the update!
jamie1078 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
awesome! i can't wait for more B/E interaction because they are going to have some major sexual tension. They both have those types of personalities and it will be amusing to see who caves first!

great chapter!
dsccc chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Dinner should be interesting! I can't wait. I am interested to find out what the real deal is with Alice. For a crack reporter, I think New Jersey is enough information for Bella to get to her with a little digging.
Imissbrown chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Thankyou, loved it. I'll take a complex ballsy Bella over a more restrained one anyday. Loved the line about Edward crawling in through the sunroof to continue harassing her - great visual in my head for that one.

I also like the subplot involving Alice - a bit of mystery never goes astray.

Thanks again. Lookin forward to the next chapter.

Paula
Viola Cornuta chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I am glad your a/n reassures us about future lemons, but am even gladder the too facile hook-up against the club wall in the restroom hallway is not the way this is going

this is way too much fun to waste on cliche!
Purple1983 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
loved it! not much else to say, other that I'm worried about Alice...what's her deal? :(
Raewright chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I am drooling with anticipation! You write the smartest comedic banter going. This is going to be delicious!
Nolebucgrl chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Fun chapter, love the heat between the two, look forward to more. Good thing I'm reading Elemental, wouldn't want to be cut off!
fanficreader83 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
love their banter and can't wait to see all of the things they get up to! ;)
marteloise chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I really love how you're writing this! There're chemistry and wit.. I simply can't wait to see what will happen at the restaurant. Thanks for writing!
7,120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 444 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 464 .. Last Next »