Reviews for Breaking News
azure0610 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I know you don't like the breakdown but I suggest it if you keep referencing some things that might now be common knowledge. News is tricking to where most probably don't know much.

I caught most of them except for the title. But that's something a quick Google or Wikipedia search could rectify.

The seizure thing was definitely a miss. I don't find Mary Hart's voice grating so I would have never guessed.

And the parachute one I thought was some euphemism I didn't know about
michswan chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Yea - I'm along for the ride from the start(ish) this time!

I like this Bella - smart and "one of the guys". I can't wait to see how she plays well with others (or not as the case may be!).

Poor Alice - :(
angelbethy chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Feels like we're on the brink of some MAJOR fireworks between B and E. Can't wait. We've only gotten brief, tantalizing glimpses of Edward so far... I confess I'm getting a bit antsy. :-) As always, love your writing style. The humor and Bella's internal monologue flow so easily, there's definitely no juddering here.
Ironic Twist chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Ooh! So much to say. First, thanks for the recs. FFnet ate my storylinks and I lost so many fics I wanted to read. Sadness.

I'm proud of myself for catching most of your references. your fic reminds me of Left Holding the Bag and Resident Geek where I learned so much from explanations of terms. I had no clue what judder meant and didn't know that Mary Hart caused someone to seize. Thanks!

I loved Edward's refernce to 'the left side of anything you ask me to share.' Thinly veiled inneuendo for her bed.

What else? Hm, foreshadowing about Detroit? Coming back to bite her at some point? I love contentious B&E, especially when B is just as on the ball as he is. Can't wait to read the smackdowns and comebacks!
mujisan chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Lady, I cannot wait. The little tiny one-on-one already made the air sizzle and crackle. I'm unhealthily excited for more. Ah, visions of a jousting Edward...

Thanks for the update!
JW11 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Great story so far. Very original.
colleen5182 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Sweet Jeebus I love these two! Keep up the amazing job! Are we going to get a chapter in EPOV? I'm interested in what he is thinking. Love it and can't wait for the next update
songster chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Wonderful, just wonderful. Again, you've created a win with your two main characters. I love the quick thinking snarkisms and cultural refs. Reminds me of the best of the Gilmores (I don't know if you were a fan at least of the dialogue, but Amy P is apparently working on a new show based on a mom who is a renowned author and her 3 ? daughters all of whom are living in an apartment building owned by mommy dearest). I always wished I had that kind of wit, but, alas, my rejoinders usually enter the brainpan hours after the initial comments. They are always good just way late! Am appreciating the info regarding news industry and in particular tv news which has never appeared to me to be anything more than talking heads.
ArcadianMaggie chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Love the chemistry between these two. I can't wait for more snarky banter. I'm curious why Edward insisted on Bella. Since he's one of the top journalists out there, I'm assuming he did his homework on her. Being able to get under her skin must be a bonus! Loved the Mary Hart bit, the "Oh, I'm wanted in many places" line, Bella's resolve to prove Peter wrong when he indicates that she's the less valuable of the two, the Alice mystery, and the incredible details about the biz. In fact, I loved it all!
staceygirl aka jackbauer chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I'm so excited for tings to get going and both terrified and excited about but the butt cheek pinching. Where in the world is ALICE!
deni0804 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I love snarky Bella and snarky Edward. I can't wait to see more of their interactions and comebacks. Very sweet Bella wants to buy her dad his dream boat, it beats a cheesy convertible as a mid-life crisis toy, lol. It was sad about her celebrating such a huge accomplishment without Alice, so I hope her mom caves and calls Bella. I'll be patiently waiting for the next chapter, get ready for more sparks to fly. :)
edaddict3254 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
thank you for the update! i'm loving your story!

i can't get enough of the snarky bs banter between edward and bella! this is going to be a really wild ride and i'm strapped in and ready to go! loved, loved, loved edward's line, "I call dibs on the camera-left chair," and "And the left side of anything else you ask me to share as well... " yeah, i'd give edward the left side of anything he wanted!

interesting that edward was only interested in signing on as long as he would be working with bella. so how does he know of her? did he know of her previously or was it their brief encounter that sold him on her?

i like your character peter. it sounds like he could be an integral character in this story.

can i get an invite to the dinner? please?

your writing really is incredible and i am waiting patiently (not) for more!
cshorte chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Great chapter!
Beanie Cullen chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I'm so thrilled with the snarky banter between Edward & Bella, and I know it's just going to get better & better. Bring on the UST! I loved Port Angeles Players for a similar reason & because you combined it with the Bard. You're writing style is excellent and I'm excited to see where this story is going. Keep up the great work! Cheers!
jennilynnfl chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Third chapter is getting me sucked in! I'm getting really excited about this story. You do a great job with detail- now I'm learning a lot about the ins and outs of the news industry while reading an entertaining story- that's great! My husband worked for Neilsen for many years, so I'm very familiar with the ratings side of television. He left last year and I miss getting the heads up on which of my favorite shows are in danger of being pulled! Thanks for writing- you've got me all excited for the next chapter- I can't wait to *hear* the dialogue between those two crazy kids.
7,143 | « Prev Page 1 .. 444 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 464 .. Last Next »