Reviews for Breaking News
Aurabee chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I love the way you write Edward and Bella! And I adore the setting.
jillycate chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I am loving this well put together Bella
my1edward chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Oh, I love the jousting between these two sophisticated, adult characters. This is such a smart, serious, ambitious Bella, and I love the way she expresses herself in complex, clever sentences such as these insights into her take on Edward-"I marveled at his ability to piss me off from this distance. He was proving to be a sniper in that regard, and I needed to take away his bullets if I was ever going to get the upper hand." and "I briefly wondered whether the designers would consider building me the same kind of privacy screen you found in limos between the driver and the passenger, so that I could just hit a button if Edward decided to go rogue asshole on me. From what I'd witnessed thus far, I imagined he'd probably just crawl through the sunroof to continue the harassment."

And you convey so much about Bella's relationship with Alice, and Bella herself, in these few sentences: "That realization finally melted my resolve to remain tear-free for the night, and I wept for the loss of her, for the need of her and the worry for her. If I couldn't share this with Alice, it might as well not be happening at all. Alice was every egg I had in my friendship basket. She was every egg I'd ever needed, too."
sophie921 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
My home girl, Bella, is rocking and rolling her way to the bigtime, the top of the heap, the Mt. Everest of success, and gonna step right over Eddie's dead body if she needs to. You go, girl!

I tried to read Elemental - probably need to take another look, it has gotten some fab plugs from you guys. Thanks for the other recs, too. Will check them out.
AnjieNet chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I love the tension between Bella and Edward. No love at first sight here though I'm wondering a bit about Edward and his insistence on Bella being his co-anchor. What his motives are, whether he's attracted to her physically and/or to her mind and professional prowess. Can't wait to see what happens at dinner. Whether the claws will come out and if another verbal brawl will ensue.
pixiekat7 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Another great chapter! I love a feisty Bella and that she and Edward are not bffs right away. Their cat & mouse game is going to be very interesting to watch. Well written, well done & well said!
jimemon chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
"And the left side of anything else you ask me to share as well. See you tomorrow, Mary Hart."

Oh my...I melted at the implications of that. And tks for the info in the a/n at the end, I had never heard the legend surrounding Mary Hart's annoying voice. Can't wait for their next meeting, I am getting a "He Said, She Said" vibe from them and I love it :)
sophie921 chapter 2 . 10/27/2009
What a well-written, tight-knit, high anticipation story! But what else should I expect from the likes of you? PAP was a favorite of mine and this one promises to be even better. Keep on serving the canapes, sugar - this is going to take all kinds of sustenence to continue powering this vehicle.
angelchicken chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I love, love, love this like pie and cake and all those lovely things. You give such good banter!
DragonsExist chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
I like the interaction between these two. I kept thinking, there will be blood. Hope these two dont maim each other. Very well written and I like the choice of career if I havent said it already : )
DragonsExist chapter 2 . 10/27/2009
I forgot to review this chap. So excuse my lack of wit.. Great Chapter : )
sophie921 chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Okay, I'm checking things off the list:

1. Seat belt - check.

2. Strong alcoholic beverage - check.

3. Scheduled bathroom breaks - check.

4. Ticket for this ride - check.

Think I've got it...did I forget anything?
Cowgirlgraphics chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
IDK how Bella came up with that come-back ... but I guess that's what seperates the good from the superstar reporters/anchorpeople ... the ability to think quickly!

I think it's very interesting that Edward asked for her specifically - maybe he did that based on what he'd heard from Carlisle, then he overheard her snark at the funeral.

I LOVE this story ... I love the inside view you give to the news world too. I can't ait to see them slip into the co-anchor chairs together - I anticipate snark and fireworks.

~ Cowgirlgraphics (now following you on Twitter)
michswan chapter 2 . 10/27/2009
"Edward Cullen," he said, the impassive green eyes resuming their calculations about me. "Many things, but never an underwear model."

Perfect. So fraking perfect... :)
Flightlessbird11 chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Hey there - still in love with your writing all the way down here on the todem poll. I'm such a fangirl, I know :) I'm very excited to see all of the witty banter that you are sure to have Edward and Bella throw at each other. Especially with the mention of the knives and forks and other weaponry.

I do have one small question though - will we be getting any EPOV? I would very much enjoy that ;)

I'm also on twitter - flightlssbird11. I'll be finding you shortly after this review, so feel free to pop in and say 'hello' as well! Loved the chapter :)
7,221 | « Prev Page 1 .. 447 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 467 .. Last Next »