Reviews for Breaking News
burninglightdustyshade chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
I like each chapter better than the last. That line about brains over beauty? Perfection. I'm so excited to see that the writing and characterization talent you showed us in TPAP has translated so wonderfully well to this new universe. Your Bellas are amazing. Strong, snarky, and intelligent but not hard or bitchy. I don't know how you walk that line so well when so many fall to one side or the other, but I thank you for it.

I'm very excited to see them interact more. I've loved the interactions so far. Can't wait for the banter because I know they'll each hold their own in their own ways.

I also loved the line about Alice being all the friendship eggs in her basket, all the eggs she needed. I've always believed that one amazing friend is better than hundreds of so-so ones. They are necessary and I feel for Bella, being so worried and being blocked from knowing what's going on. A little voice in my head is telling me this Alice situation and Bella being a journalist are going to collide at some point, in some way. hm...I'll keep thinking on it. lol

Thanks for writing this! I'm enjoying every word!

~Jeda115 on lj btw.
rebecca's mom chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
I'm loving this story so much WriteOnTime! I just wish I had more now...I know I am greedy. Thank you for a wonderful update. I really do like the detail and the exactness of it all.

I am so curious of what Edward is thinking. Do you plan to write any chapters in his POV?

Thank you again and take care!

XOX
twicracker chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Triborough Bridge (though I feel compelled to add that it's the first typo I have found in tens - hundreds? - of thousands of your words I have read).

Confabulation. M (think: Homer's doughnut drool). Tasty vocabulary.

If we can read your story, we can certainly Google references we don't get. Or puzzle them out ("Hold me Coop" took me a minute or so to figure out). Honestly, part of the fun of reading your work is having to broaden my horizons by seeking out new knowledge.

I think you have a vast amount of talent - and a ridonkulous amount of flippin' random trivia - in that fabulous head of yours, and you're generous enough to give it away free to the masses. As a mass member, I encourage - nay, implore - you to let it stand as it is, without explanation.
DeirdreJG chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
I can tell already the edward and bella are gonna be fun for us. not sure how long until they are fun for each other, but that's why it's fun for us.

i am enjoying and look forward to more!
BelovedSunshine chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Loved their snarky banter. Can't wait for more...

Really intrigued with Alice and her story...

Thanks! Great chapter~
lamorducache chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
OK, so when Peter said Edward specifically requested Bella, in addition to the hopes that he actually respects her or does secretly like her/ have the hots for her, I worried that he wanted her because he thought he could take her down, get the job to himself eventually. Not 'cause he's evil, but maybe b/c he's cocky like that. And maybe not because taking her down would be easy, necessarily, but because some other blond, stupid chick would be too easy, and he enjoys a challenge. Does that make sense?

Moving on... loved it, obviously. I do love me a snarky Assward sometimes. I love that they're at each other's throats already, and I hope Bella can outsnark and outsmart Edward a good amount. Love the whole girlpower, I am woman, hear me roar, brains over beauty aspect. And I do love the techno-speak, even though it is beyond my limited broadcast journalism knowledge. I hadn't heard that about Mary Hart, though it kinda makes sense. I'll have to turn the channel away from Entertainment Tonight even faster than usual now. Finally, we haven't even met Alice yet, but you've already given such depth to Bella's friendship with her, and I want to give her a hug. OK, I'm done.
grrrr.edward chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
great update! thanks!

xo
cabr chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
That joust at the beginning was really nice! I am really enjoying the story and I think that the AN with definitions was very useful. :)

Keep'em coming!
fatallyobsessed chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
This is definitely an exposition chapter, but it's still interesting and funny. Your exchanges between Bella and the various men are sharp and crisp- exactly what you'd expect from a reporter. Well done!
cooper33 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Can it be...? Could I like this even more than PAP? :) Um...I want tap-dancing Edward! Other than that, perfect chapter.
Scorpiosue1102 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
The "I hope my voice gives you seizures" line made me bust out laughing. Love this. Can't wait for the next chapter.
twicracker chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
WOT, you are the only author that inspires me to click on the review box at the *beginning* of reading the chapter, because I know there are going to be so many references and much smart, witty writing that I will want to comment on that I need to write as I go - I couldn't possibly remember it all... Thank you for your intelligence and gift for expression.

Riverside Church? I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure it's the VIP line for the Pearly Gates. St. Peter sees you coming from there and waves you to the head of the line.

I wonder if anyone ever really thought that - and if they were disappointed in the end...

Rangoon-to-rangoon? Not yangon-to-yangon?

Great writing, as always.
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Thank you for explaining the parachute thing because I was confused as fizz after that. I was like "wait, I thought he said something about being a underwear model, where'd she get the parachute from?'

Bella is kinda bitchy. Maybe it is just Bitchy Bella day in the world of Fan Fic. She is just making assumptions about Edward when all (that we know of) he knew of her was he over heard HER talking about him being an underwear model for cripes sake. She needs to tone her ego down.

Okay, thank you for the update. I can't wait for some more Bella and Edward interaction! I'm not too interested in Alice's story right now because I'm just assumming she's in a mental hospital..no big deal..hopefully I'm wrong and it is exciting!

And I am reading Elemental because it is fucking awesome!
justaskalice chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Sigh, I love this story. So much. So much.

Her conversation with Edward was priceless (although I admit to googling the Mary Hart reference), and enough to make me consider begging for an EPOV. But because I hate it when people do that, I won't. Even though it would be pretty sweet. I'm just saying.

I'm still loving the way you describe her taking on the newsroom. The maxi pads on her desk chair made me choke a little, and I like her attitude that Edward is going to have to work overtime to be the biggest asshole she's worked with. She's got the perfect mindset. Ignore the slights and the digs and mine their secrets. In that industry, that's the way to do it.

I'm so proud of her. I've only known her for three chapters but I'm SO proud of her success...I think its because she's so relateable and real. I've known her. I've been her. I want to be her. Happy sigh. Thanks for writing!
calricjes82 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Thank you so much for the update! You write the best interactions between those two. I can't wait to read more.
7,139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 447 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 467 .. Last Next »