Reviews for Breaking News
sweetsouthernbelle chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Ok, this didn't work last time so I hope it does this time. :) I wanted to start by raving about another fic you wrote, the Port Angeles Players, which I adored. Much Ado is my favourite Shakespearean play of all time and I thought you melded the stories together really well. I enjoyed every line of dialogue. :)

On to this fic. I am really enjoying the story so far and so curious about where Alice is, what's happened to her and how Bella and Edward will discover they actually like each other! I'd love to see Bella come out on top in one of their sparring matches - in a non sexual sense! She can come out on top there later if that's her thing. :) Looking forward to part four.
OhIt'sYou chapter 3 . 10/26/2009

Especially this:

"The words coming out of his mouth were genial and complimentary, but the look...the look said something altogether different. The look suggested that I might want to visit a smithy and get myself kitted out in some chainmail, because he was every inch the worthy jousting partner and planned on proving as much to me."
CorrinaTFF chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
My new favorite phrase "frying his balls in bacon grease".

Tried it out on the BIL tonight and worked like a charm!

LOL Still a great story. I love how empowered Bella is. She's a very strong woman, with the know-how and can-do attitude.

Can't wait to see the sparks fly! Cockward is definitely going to be fun!
vickitori303 chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
I finally got a chance to read this chapter and hello Mr. Co-Anchor. He can sit with me at the desk any day. Scratch that, I'd stick to being his producer cause then I'd get to stare at him and he wouldn't know it.

I giggled at Bella calling Edward the underwear model and him hearing her; it got even better when the two of them were introduced to each other.

I can't wait to read what happens next and it looks like I don't have to wait long since you just updated.

Great chapter. Oh Carlisle's speech was beautiful.
Melolabel chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Awesome chapter. Loved the banter.
Mariana75 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Loved it :D The snarkiness and witty dialogues are off the chart :D And loved that you put those explanatory references at the end. Much needed, especially cos I'm not a US citizen :P

I think the battle of the wits is going to reach epic proportions, just as, I hope, the UST will. I think it's only right that they earn their mutual respect (and lust) this way. I think "watching" them reading the news will be pretty straight-forward foreplay. Well, for the rest of the world that is, I think they'll be oblivous to it and rowing through a river in Egypt for a long long time :D Which is my favourite kind of erm... rowing :P

Can't wait for more :D Thanx for the update :D
maggiejoma chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
oh...this is going to be fun... I can see it all now... the smoldering in front of the camera is going to get them great ratings... but the smoldering off camera...oh... Hope Alice is ok, hate to think of the pixie being anything but happy and bubbly... :)
burninglightdustyshade chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
I like each chapter better than the last. That line about brains over beauty? Perfection. I'm so excited to see that the writing and characterization talent you showed us in TPAP has translated so wonderfully well to this new universe. Your Bellas are amazing. Strong, snarky, and intelligent but not hard or bitchy. I don't know how you walk that line so well when so many fall to one side or the other, but I thank you for it.

I'm very excited to see them interact more. I've loved the interactions so far. Can't wait for the banter because I know they'll each hold their own in their own ways.

I also loved the line about Alice being all the friendship eggs in her basket, all the eggs she needed. I've always believed that one amazing friend is better than hundreds of so-so ones. They are necessary and I feel for Bella, being so worried and being blocked from knowing what's going on. A little voice in my head is telling me this Alice situation and Bella being a journalist are going to collide at some point, in some way. hm...I'll keep thinking on it. lol

Thanks for writing this! I'm enjoying every word!

~Jeda115 on lj btw.
rebecca's mom chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
I'm loving this story so much WriteOnTime! I just wish I had more now...I know I am greedy. Thank you for a wonderful update. I really do like the detail and the exactness of it all.

I am so curious of what Edward is thinking. Do you plan to write any chapters in his POV?

Thank you again and take care!

XOX
twicracker chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Triborough Bridge (though I feel compelled to add that it's the first typo I have found in tens - hundreds? - of thousands of your words I have read).

Confabulation. M (think: Homer's doughnut drool). Tasty vocabulary.

If we can read your story, we can certainly Google references we don't get. Or puzzle them out ("Hold me Coop" took me a minute or so to figure out). Honestly, part of the fun of reading your work is having to broaden my horizons by seeking out new knowledge.

I think you have a vast amount of talent - and a ridonkulous amount of flippin' random trivia - in that fabulous head of yours, and you're generous enough to give it away free to the masses. As a mass member, I encourage - nay, implore - you to let it stand as it is, without explanation.
DeirdreJG chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
I can tell already the edward and bella are gonna be fun for us. not sure how long until they are fun for each other, but that's why it's fun for us.

i am enjoying and look forward to more!
BelovedSunshine chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Loved their snarky banter. Can't wait for more...

Really intrigued with Alice and her story...

Thanks! Great chapter~
lamorducache chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
OK, so when Peter said Edward specifically requested Bella, in addition to the hopes that he actually respects her or does secretly like her/ have the hots for her, I worried that he wanted her because he thought he could take her down, get the job to himself eventually. Not 'cause he's evil, but maybe b/c he's cocky like that. And maybe not because taking her down would be easy, necessarily, but because some other blond, stupid chick would be too easy, and he enjoys a challenge. Does that make sense?

Moving on... loved it, obviously. I do love me a snarky Assward sometimes. I love that they're at each other's throats already, and I hope Bella can outsnark and outsmart Edward a good amount. Love the whole girlpower, I am woman, hear me roar, brains over beauty aspect. And I do love the techno-speak, even though it is beyond my limited broadcast journalism knowledge. I hadn't heard that about Mary Hart, though it kinda makes sense. I'll have to turn the channel away from Entertainment Tonight even faster than usual now. Finally, we haven't even met Alice yet, but you've already given such depth to Bella's friendship with her, and I want to give her a hug. OK, I'm done.
grrrr.edward chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
great update! thanks!

xo
cabr chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
That joust at the beginning was really nice! I am really enjoying the story and I think that the AN with definitions was very useful. :)

Keep'em coming!