Reviews for Breaking News
jillycate chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
Great story!
Enigma Lynne chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
1. tell those who are giving you shit about the food at a jewish wedding to shut the hell up. I am Jewish, had bacon wrapped scallops at my reception, and all the JEWS at them, leaving me none.

2. I saw "cold open" and cracked up. Unless you are a news junkie, you have NO idea what that is, and how freaken complicated it can be to put together. It was a really awesome surprise to see that there.

3. Good job with this chapter. Right amount of newsiness to make it awesome, and I already am enjoying the cadence between Edward and Bella. (and fyi - YES he could be an underwear model. Jus saying.)

WOOT! :)
spicynoodle chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Best cliffhanger ever.

I loved The Port Angeles Players so much that I read it more than two times. I'm so excited about your latest project. I love the tone and the language. You capture the newsy talk so well, or at least how I imagine it would be. This Bella is funny, and I can't wait for Bella and Edward to mix words in the next chapter.
bootietwap chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
You have some seriously amazing metaphorical expressions here, I am so in love with them.

Here a couple that I thought were just so vivid:

"I shoved my dream-self's inadequacies and insecurities into the overflowing closet at the back of my mind and slammed the door shut on the mess in there. "

"The dueling banjos of insecurity and bravado serenaded me..."

I also loved "Autumn Splendor," and how she wants to be the underwear model's chin dimple. Awesome.

I have to say that even though the underwear model showed up, I was so enchanted by the story that I wouldn't have minded if I had to wait longer. Bella is absolutely fascinating.
Lovin-the-Handsome-Hobo chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Many Things, but never an underware model! LOL!

These two are gonna verbally abuse and beat each other up? Yes. He's a cocky SOB. :-)

Scallops wrapped in bacon would have been YUM!
Tiggrmommi chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
OME OME OME! Love how he basically called her out! LMAO! WTG Edward! LMAO! Can't wait to see how she responds!
AccioBourbon chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
I’m pretty fascinated by two things right now: how the tone of this new story is so identifiably “you,” but yet different from TPAP, and I think that’s a marvelous thing and probably not easily accomplished.

Bella is different: more cynical, more driven, a bit darker. But I still love how her independent streak constantly does battle with her insecurities.

Bella’s dreams remind me of what I call my “stress dreams,” where some unseen being picks me up and hurls me high up in the air, against a wall, where I proceed to stick. (I don’t like heights). This happens repeatedly, and in the dream I eventually realize that if I just relax and kind of “go with the throw,” it isn’t nearly as painful. I have yet to transfer this realization to my waking world, however.

“I shoved my dream-self's inadequacies and insecurities into the overflowing closet at the back of my mind and slammed the door shut on the mess in there.” God I love this sentence.

Please to be explaining what an Avid closet is, as well as “... crash the piece.” I can fake understanding by using context, but you won’t be able to sleep at night knowing that I don’t *truly* understand my new vocabulary word. Yes, I know: I could google it. But I am an LPS these days and I’m the first to admit it.

This terrific description makes me, your reader, want to meet Alice in the worst way: “She was always such a study in contradictions; the strongest, daintiest, sunniest, most wistful person I'd ever met, and her heart had always seemed to be outsized in that minikin figure of hers.”

And it also makes me very concerned for her. I care about her already. Well done.

"I didn't know he served any god other than himself, actually, so this is a total surprise to me," I answered.” Snort.

Chin dimples. Viggo. [zombie voice] Must. Touch. Chin. Dimple. To start, anyway.

“Those eyes were alive, and intelligent, but ice cold at the same time.” And with that simple description, my brain is off and running, wondering what kind of man exists behind those eyes and I’m dying to find out.

I’m wondering why Bella does not recognize Edward Cullen by appearance, as entrenched as she is in the news industry, and as familiar as she is with his career. (And the 2005 prize was conspicuously absent from her list. What happened in 2005? Did he finally take a vacation?)

“ ... so I did my best to brace myself and prayed the treads on my self-esteem would grip for another five minutes.” God, I loved that expression. I’m totally stealing it.

And that last line? Best chapter-ending line, EVER.

Thank you!
coxie chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Holy christ that was classic! Especially that he heard what she said and then confronted her with it. Oh this is gonna he good!

I love that she's a tough-as-nails kinda woman. We need more Bella's like that.

I am thoroughly addicted after only two chapters, just so ya know. )
pink.mojito chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Ha! Loved the bit about the alarm not taking orders! I wish they would invent one that did - I've wanted to throw mine across the room on more than one occasion!

The bit about the underwear model was hilarious! What an introduction! Oh my, but are the sparks going to fly between these two!
Linnnn chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
OMG! Cant wait to see what Bellas respons to that will be in next chapter! This story is going to be so good! I just know it! Heck, its already GOOD! :)

Will wait patiently for your next updat!

/Linn
Bellawitch75 chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Cool! Love the part where he says "Many things, but never an underwear model" taking her by surprise about her comment to Embry and Paul. HEHE. Update soon!
emily-twilight-lover chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
love it! cant where to see where your going with it. and that last line...fantastic
ARFess96 chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Open mouth...insert foot!

I love it. Great flow and wonderful imagery. I cannot wait to see how she reacts to his calling her out. I hope she uses her brain and doesn't fold under the pressure.
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 2 . 10/13/2009
Oh my! I can certainly see that there'll be some interesting times ahead in this fic!
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Just found this; gonna give it a shot...
7,139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 451 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 471 .. Last Next »