Reviews for Breaking News
culleneyes chapter 2 . 10/16/2009
Enjoyed reading. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Also, looking forward to the PAPC outtakes!
mujisan chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
I would most likely jump Coop given the chance. Just saying.

*dances a jig*

Hey lady! Sorry it took me this long to start reading and replying. September was crazy crazy and more crazy and then I went on vacay for a week and got back last Sunday. So, here I am. Can't wait to see what you cook up for B&E this time. Already loving Bella's spunk and wondering about Alice.

Off to read chapter 2!
ilive2read chapter 2 . 10/16/2009
this is going to be fun..can't wait for next coming chap's
chartwilightmom chapter 2 . 10/16/2009
Your story got pimped and I am glad that I took the time to read it. Love it-very nice. Looking forward to the slow burn.
AvaEliza chapter 2 . 10/16/2009
I loved it! I really felt the awkard turtle moment. Been there done that!
kdesign23 chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
Ooh, I can feel it already!
2old4fanfic chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
dueling banjos of insecurity and bravado...got to love this gutsy Bella!
kmm122 chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
I really liked this chapter! they meet face to face! I can't wait to see how Bella is going to react!

Loved it!
jillycate chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
Great story!
Enigma Lynne chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
1. tell those who are giving you shit about the food at a jewish wedding to shut the hell up. I am Jewish, had bacon wrapped scallops at my reception, and all the JEWS at them, leaving me none.

2. I saw "cold open" and cracked up. Unless you are a news junkie, you have NO idea what that is, and how freaken complicated it can be to put together. It was a really awesome surprise to see that there.

3. Good job with this chapter. Right amount of newsiness to make it awesome, and I already am enjoying the cadence between Edward and Bella. (and fyi - YES he could be an underwear model. Jus saying.)

WOOT! :)
spicynoodle chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Best cliffhanger ever.

I loved The Port Angeles Players so much that I read it more than two times. I'm so excited about your latest project. I love the tone and the language. You capture the newsy talk so well, or at least how I imagine it would be. This Bella is funny, and I can't wait for Bella and Edward to mix words in the next chapter.
bootietwap chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
You have some seriously amazing metaphorical expressions here, I am so in love with them.

Here a couple that I thought were just so vivid:

"I shoved my dream-self's inadequacies and insecurities into the overflowing closet at the back of my mind and slammed the door shut on the mess in there. "

"The dueling banjos of insecurity and bravado serenaded me..."

I also loved "Autumn Splendor," and how she wants to be the underwear model's chin dimple. Awesome.

I have to say that even though the underwear model showed up, I was so enchanted by the story that I wouldn't have minded if I had to wait longer. Bella is absolutely fascinating.
Lovin-the-Handsome-Hobo chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Many Things, but never an underware model! LOL!

These two are gonna verbally abuse and beat each other up? Yes. He's a cocky SOB. :-)

Scallops wrapped in bacon would have been YUM!
Tiggrmommi chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
OME OME OME! Love how he basically called her out! LMAO! WTG Edward! LMAO! Can't wait to see how she responds!
AccioBourbon chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
I’m pretty fascinated by two things right now: how the tone of this new story is so identifiably “you,” but yet different from TPAP, and I think that’s a marvelous thing and probably not easily accomplished.

Bella is different: more cynical, more driven, a bit darker. But I still love how her independent streak constantly does battle with her insecurities.

Bella’s dreams remind me of what I call my “stress dreams,” where some unseen being picks me up and hurls me high up in the air, against a wall, where I proceed to stick. (I don’t like heights). This happens repeatedly, and in the dream I eventually realize that if I just relax and kind of “go with the throw,” it isn’t nearly as painful. I have yet to transfer this realization to my waking world, however.

“I shoved my dream-self's inadequacies and insecurities into the overflowing closet at the back of my mind and slammed the door shut on the mess in there.” God I love this sentence.

Please to be explaining what an Avid closet is, as well as “... crash the piece.” I can fake understanding by using context, but you won’t be able to sleep at night knowing that I don’t *truly* understand my new vocabulary word. Yes, I know: I could google it. But I am an LPS these days and I’m the first to admit it.

This terrific description makes me, your reader, want to meet Alice in the worst way: “She was always such a study in contradictions; the strongest, daintiest, sunniest, most wistful person I'd ever met, and her heart had always seemed to be outsized in that minikin figure of hers.”

And it also makes me very concerned for her. I care about her already. Well done.

"I didn't know he served any god other than himself, actually, so this is a total surprise to me," I answered.” Snort.

Chin dimples. Viggo. [zombie voice] Must. Touch. Chin. Dimple. To start, anyway.

“Those eyes were alive, and intelligent, but ice cold at the same time.” And with that simple description, my brain is off and running, wondering what kind of man exists behind those eyes and I’m dying to find out.

I’m wondering why Bella does not recognize Edward Cullen by appearance, as entrenched as she is in the news industry, and as familiar as she is with his career. (And the 2005 prize was conspicuously absent from her list. What happened in 2005? Did he finally take a vacation?)

“ ... so I did my best to brace myself and prayed the treads on my self-esteem would grip for another five minutes.” God, I loved that expression. I’m totally stealing it.

And that last line? Best chapter-ending line, EVER.

Thank you!