Reviews for Breaking News
mens rea 01 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I have a feeling I'm going to really get into this story!

I can tell already that your fic is intelligently written. How many Twi-fics even mention Ahmadinejad? Now that I think about it, I wonder how many Twi-fic readers even know who Ahmadinejad is? Anyways, I can tell that this is not just another superficial Twi-fic.

Also, I like the fact that you've set up duel story lines, the Alice story line and the anchor-position line. Fics that can keep two story lines going are a lot of fun to read.

You really won me over when you mentioned Christiane Amanpour. She's my idol. And Anderson Cooper? I totally crush on him.

Enough of my the fic and can't wait to read more!

PS - I am so in love with The Sweetest Thing. Thanks for the great rec!
Oscar the Grouch chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
This is amazing. I'm so excited to see a new story out by you
spanglemaker9 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Awesome! Just plain awesome!

The biggest moment of her professional life and she's faced with the stone-cold hottie she was just lusting over while he calls her on her underwear model comment. A comment made too loud at a funeral. Floor, please open wide and swallow me now.

I can't wait to hear Edward speak. Is that up next?
Twilighter620 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I'm in awe of the Edward description for this chapter. They always have a tendency to be so dull and unimaginative, but way to breathe new life into an old trick. I'm still spluttering over here about this underwear model. Consider it a complete and utter success in getting the reader to know what exactly Bella was feeling, thinking, etc. in that moment.

I'm stumped as to how Edward will work in his tap dancing ways (yes, I can't get it off my mind). I'm very curious to see how that plot point comes into play.

I must say I was thoroughly impressed with all your NY references. I'm not sure if you're from the area, but it made me feel very nostalgic. I no longer inhabit the empire state, but my heart will be there always.

Wonderful job!
suzala chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
mycrookedsmile chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
that last line? omg, such gold. So glad I listened to littlesecret and came to check this out.

I didn't even blink at the crab. Heck, we sat around enjoying a shrimp platter someone sent while sitting shiva for my grandfather- he surely would have enjoyed it if he were there.
mrsjs chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh boy, what an introduction. How's your shoe taste, Bella? Great chapter!
CullenObsession114 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
loved the update!
ClancyJane chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
that last line was so funny and yet so rude, all at the same time : )

actually the entire chapter was amazing and i am looking forward to the next one !
burninglightdustyshade chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Once again, you've engaged me beyond what 99.9% of writers are able to accomplish. Her inner monologue is completely fascinating, adorable, and funny while still showing she's intelligent. Your description of him physically may be my most favorite I've ever read and let me thank you for finding a new way to describe "bronze" as I've grown to hate that word.

Carlisle's speech was amazing and honestly made ME see the news differently as I have a love/hate relationship with any and all media, one that tends to fall more on the hate side of things more often than not.

I love the set up you have for each of their characterizations. He might be pretty to her but that would mean less than nothing if she didn't first respect his mind and accomplishments. I'll be very interested to know what he thinks. Will there be an EPOV? I can't remember if you mentioned this story being one way or the other. His response to her at the end was perfection. I was laughing so hard. You've made her very accessible and it's easy to put yourself in her shoes and try to figure out just what the hell you'd say to that one. I'm squirming for her.

Thanks for taking the time to write this and for writing it so damn well. I drop everything when something you've written updates and can't wait for the TPAP outtakes. Please thank the generous women who are sharing them for asking for them, paying for them, and for their willingness to share them with the rest of us.
rebecca's mom chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
This chapter was brilliant. I can't wait for this "team" to form *giggle*. Your details, information and smart comments form the perfect story. . .

Especially Edward introducing himself as "not an underwear model"...this was so, so good! And I also like how Carlisle was thrown into the mix. I am very excited about this story.

Thanks for the wonderful update!

Trouble08 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Well, of course he had to hear her. Tee Hee. This should be intersting.

I'm enjoying your story so surprise. Thanks for the chapter.
Paco1230 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Awesome chapter! I am loving this story so far. The humor is just great. Too funny that she never pieced together Carlisle & Edward being related and I love how he called her on the underwear model comment. Can't wait for more! :)
mnggl chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
hahahaha! GOD i loved that last line.
familydontendwithblood chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Viggo Mortenson? *sighss*

Funny story, I was visiting NYC (love the city) this weekend, and hopped on over to Canal Street. I had never been there before, but oh my, I've never seen so many fake purses!

Cannot wait to see the interaction between Bella and the man who is never an underwear model ;)

That last line just made me dissolve into giggles. My family must think I'm so odd :)
7,150 | « Prev Page 1 .. 454 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 474 .. Last Next »