Reviews for Breaking News
jenmerc chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh my, this edward seems to have an ego already:) Its interesting the way the chapter started because it really had a masculine tone to the inner monologue there. I started to think we switched to EPOV until the newton comment. I think its good though, it adds some interesting personality traits.
JoMarie54 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Another great chapter. I like your references to the known names in the new business; it gives your story a very authentic air. Great speech by Carlisle. So far Edward certainly seems to be intimidating. I looking forward to reading more about his side of the story.
BelovedSunshine chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
That is one of the BEST endings to a chapter I have ever read!

(shaking my head - mouth hanging open)

Great chapter - again, great imagery and dialogue. I'm so excited for this story! Thanks~
NotTooOldForThis chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh no she didn't! This is going to be good. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Flightlessbird11 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Love it, love it! The last line killed me. "Many things, but never an underwear model." Oh god, woman, where do you come up with this shit? I'd like to take up residence in your brain for a day so maybe I can learn a thing or two! I can't wait to see where they end up :)

Very much looking forward to your Port Angeles Players outtake! Excellent chapter!
deni0804 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Nice! Edward and Bella's first "formal" meeting starts out with a bang! Touche Edward Cullen, touche! This is looking like a deliciously exciting roller coaster of a ride. "Hold me Coop" will soon turn into "Hold me Edward", lol. Edward Cullen is a wonder boy in the news world huh? Pulitzer after Pulitzer, it should be interesting. I peg him right now as a "too-serious-for-his-own-good-sometimes" reporter, a bit of a news snob, which should clash nicely with Bella "Cojones" Swan, super sleuth anchor woman. I can just see the sparks flying on the horizon, some awesomely lusty, others just plain fiery rage. I am so excited for this fic, thanks for the update! :)
calricjes82 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
That last line was absolutely perfect! I can not wait to read more.
fatallyobsessed chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Bill and Ted shout out... Nice! ;)

I like the way that you've taken the main players and given them a twist - Mike as the eternal 'bad guy' is so played. He really isn't that bad in the books, just a kid with a crush, but he's become this villain in fanfic. Thanks for keeping his playfulness, even though he's still obviously pursuing Bella in a small way.

Loved her comment *snicker*, and Edward's take. Explain THAT to the suits, Bella!
justaskalice chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh my guh. The underwear model comment *killed* me. And then to have him be totally brilliant and award winning? Awesome.

I continue to love the way you characterize Bella. The split between strong, successful woman and insecure, sometimes struggling small town girl is really cool. The moment of truth during Carlisle's speech was also a nice touch. Say what you will about the talking heads, when the shit hits the fan, they're there doing their jobs.

The pitch they gave her about the job was so exciting, I even wanted a shot at it. Can't wait for your next update :D
Babette12 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Hmm, too bad about the underwear model thing, I bet he would have been great at it. Maybe she could suggest it if the whole news thing gets boring for him? Of course, this means that they've already started on the wrong foot and I expect the snarkiness will be simply wonderful! I can't wait to hear Bella's response, and if Edward makes some comment on her being just a pretty face for the newsies to look at.

I am a bit surprised they were serving crab at a Jewish funeral. I'm guessing he must have been a liberal Jew.

I'm looking forward to finding out what's going down in Michigan! Is the cookie lady in on it? She could be there as a decoy to distract them from getting the story. If she really wants to get Newton off the hunt I guess she could always hold up a picture of Bella. Funny that a guy who's job is to uncover the truth can't seem to see what's in front of him with Bella turning him down all the time. I guess he could just be tenacious.

And on a completely unrelated note, I was informed yesterday that Thanksgiving was going to be at my house so I wouldn't have to transport the bird. Considerate of them, wasn't it?
Many things chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
...yeah, you can say that, out loud !

Well, I love your style and will be reading this story with the same huge pleasure as TPAP, which I loved.

Thank you!
bootsie chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
This is a great story! Love the ending! I can just see her face and feel her need to pee in her pants! It's great!
Missyok chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I said it about TPAP and I'll say it again for BN...your writing makes me smarter! I love your vocabulary, your wit and the way your stories grow like trees in healthy soil. The first two chapters have started the strong roots digging into the earth.

More please!
Mrs Boyscout chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
OMG, what a terrific ending line. This is going to be so good (insert maniacal laugh here). Oh they are going to hate each other until they love each other. Great start to the story! Love it.
fanficreader83 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
bella should have kept that thought to herself... but edward was quick to put her in her place... can't wait for more! ;)
7,146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 458 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 .. Last Next »