Reviews for Breaking News
Maplestyle chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
This chapter was great! I loved the ending line by Edward. I can just tell this story is going to be gold. Can't wait for the next chapter.
n0 l0nger in use chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh My, she didn't! I muttered. "Just trying to figure out who the underwear model across from us might be."

And he is not going to take it and has no problem getting back at her in front of the executives, "Many things, but never an underwear model."

Her snide and sarcastic comments and his snarky comebacks will hopefully make their relationship an explosive one. I would love to see how Newsward judged her in his mind.

I can just picture the future with the two of them having constant banter and verbal war and ending up in a room tearing each other clothes off.
secamimom chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
"Edward Cullen," he said, the impassive green eyes resuming their calculations about me. "Many things, but never an underwear model."

LMAO. Love it and can't wait for more!
stupidsuckedinreader chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Okay like where this story is going you got the Nyc vbe down real well. My only beef, crab rations at a Jewish memorial service tres tacky. I know it is done, heck I have seen shrimp cocktail at a shiva house but still classified as klassy with a k in my book! Cannot wait to read more!
cabr chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Heheheh! That last line was brilliant. I can already see the beginning of a very lovely and mild relationship between the two of them, heh! Underwear model!
gossip-bangkok chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
thanks! :)

Love it..

hahaha.. shame Bella! :)

Looking forward to the next chapter
songster chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Simply great chapter. I absolutely loved it. Your Bella is edgy, smart and funny with her Visine and Red Bull to fortify for a day at the office. Carlisle' speech was pretty interesting as well. I felt he could have been talking about Walter Cronkite, who IMHO was one the best newsmen ever. He had that ability to read through the screen and help calm and always made sure that what he was saying was delivered with confidence. Still greatly enjoying the 'crew' from the newsroom. What a great way to introduce Edward from Bella's accidental stage whisper to his last comment. Can't wait for the next chapter to see her recover her wits and give him her best because I know she will. Down but not anywhere near out from shock.
lindyrb chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh, lawd! That last bit had me in convulsions! BWAHAHAHA! Talk about a lead-in! "Many things, but never an underwear model..."

Um, yah. I think he heard her...

Can't wait to see what happens next!
colleen5182 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
you make me smile! seriously, two chapters in and i already want to have this story's babies! LOVE it!
midnite serenade chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I'm loving this story. You have a great writing style and I love the concept. (In HS and early college I was planning on studying journalism.) Looks like we've got a cocky whom Bella will want to kiss and kick at the same time. You got me hooked!
angelbethy chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I love this so far. Not like. Love. All the authentic NY details (I laughed at the nods to Canal Street knockoffs and Dr. Aston) add so much to the tone, pacing, and atmosphere of the story. Bella's internal voice gives me such a vivid image of who she is. And it's *funny*! I laughed out loud at, "Jesus, half of New York would be carrying their jowls in their socks if he hadn't gotten those dead hands on their faces." The boys from the bullpen add comic relief without being anything less than the competent newshounds they are. And a Rabbi presiding over Dan's funeral while decidedly non-kosher crab rangoon is served in the next room made me giggle - I once went to a bar mitzvah where they served shrimp cocktail and mini cheeseburgers. I had the same shift in my view of Dan the man during Carlisle's speech that Bella, Paul and Embry did. Your ability to demonstrate Carlisle's character through his brief remarks alone was quite brilliant. I can't wait to see the sparks fly between Bella and Pulitzerward!
jenmerc chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh my, this edward seems to have an ego already:) Its interesting the way the chapter started because it really had a masculine tone to the inner monologue there. I started to think we switched to EPOV until the newton comment. I think its good though, it adds some interesting personality traits.
JoMarie54 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Another great chapter. I like your references to the known names in the new business; it gives your story a very authentic air. Great speech by Carlisle. So far Edward certainly seems to be intimidating. I looking forward to reading more about his side of the story.
BelovedSunshine chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
That is one of the BEST endings to a chapter I have ever read!

(shaking my head - mouth hanging open)

Great chapter - again, great imagery and dialogue. I'm so excited for this story! Thanks~
NotTooOldForThis chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh no she didn't! This is going to be good. Can't wait for the next chapter.
7,157 | « Prev Page 1 .. 458 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 .. Last Next »