Reviews for And He Would Go On
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
So sad. Very well written
Merida Hughsie chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Oh my God ... I'm speechless ... This was ... disturbing, dark, violent, but also well written.

LG Faithful
vampiergirl201 chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
beautiful i love all that emotion yo u put and the way you wrote silas this is a realy amazing pieace of work
Darth Soror chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I love getting credit for writing fics...
I have to commend you on your writing; this is very well done. There were a couple things in particular that caught my attention. One was when they were standing at the doorway and Lupescu says that nothing good could come out of it, so Silas says that good must go in. There's just something about that line - I love it.
The second was the comparison of Silas to a panther. Not only does it suit him, but it goes along with the idea of The Graveyard Book being like The Jungle Book, Silas being Bagheera.
Anyway, I just have to reiterate that this was very good. I could picture it as part of the book. It was very imaginative, everyone was in character and seemed like it fit in well to me. Very nice work.
Wai-Jing Waraugh chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Brilliant! This reads like a genuine Gaiman chapter, though I can sense your own style in it. Everything seems so plausible, though, that it could easily sit alongside the chapters in the book.

The only issue I had was with the fight with the remaining half-dozen Jacks - surely he wouldn't have lived so long if he were as vulnerable as that, and the whole mental image of Silas being chased by men with flaming sticks became somehow comical to my mind - but otherwise everything is perfectly rendered.

There is an incredible, overarching sense of sadness in the story, as well as a faint glimmer of hope. I love how Bod is Silas' motivation and guiding force - a perfect summation of their close bond.

Not much else to say, save that it is a brilliant story, masterfully written, and I enjoyed every word.
teacupz chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
that was really good. I like your writing style; descriptive. also I think it's interesting that you offered a missing plot that wasn't fully described in the novel. I always love these kind of canon stories. :)

also, I think you developed their characters pretty well. Kandar; that was not an important character in the novel (well, I said that because he didn't appear much), you had given him an interesting character although there were only a few hints about his characters. great job.

amazing vocabulary! ;D thanks for the dictionary function up there that helped me out to understand about the meaning. though some words like cohorts, heinous, cusp, or threshold had no definitions found.

I'm really bad at english. sorry... but, I had some things that I wanted to write for a feedback so please correct me if I'm wrong.

this line: He and the Hound had been friends many years

it was right but I guess it might be better if you put the word 'for' after the word 'friends'. sorry if I'm wrong.

this line: They could move through the murk with as much ease as if it were brightly lit.

sorry if I'm wrong (again) but shouldn't 'were brightly' be 'was brightly'?

these lines were written to fullfill my curiousity about usage of (,) or coma(I don't know what it is in English). heh. X9 -get shot-

- With a surge it shot free of Kandar's strong arms and hit the ground with an audible smack!

I think it would be easier to read if you put a coma (,) before the word 'it'. example: With a surge, it shot free of Kandar's strong arms and hit the ground with an audible smack!

- After what felt like hours they reached the final step

shouldn't it be: After what felt like hours, they reached the final step

- and as she stilled beside him he reached down

coma. again. XD: and as she stilled beside him, he reached down

- without looking back he slid around the corner and into a narrow passageway.

might be the last. I guess it should be: without looking back, he slid around the corner and into a narrow passageway.

I don't know if I was right or wrong. in my native language, it will be better to put coma to parted two different things/activities. I don't know in english. so please correct me if I'm wrong. :'D

almost forgot, this line: then, as before, as always, Silas would go on. Alone.

it was interesting. I liked that the words seemed to blend really well there. but, I guess it will give more effects if you put the word 'alone' in a new line. only my opinion. :/

and that's the end of my useless chit-chattering. I'm sorry for the long blabber. but I really liked this fic. not lots of people can write an incredible fighting scene like yours. the fighting scenes here were good, exciting, and also describe.

I hope to see more amazing fictions like this. it's really wonderful. especially for graveyard book since I don't see much fics about this book around. TT keep on writing. you are soo talented. almost forgot again, I think the title was seriously awesome. B) -thrown by garbage-
shadowtrickster93 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I liked this very much! Considering there's only a handful of fanfics on the Graveyard Book, I'm ecstatic to see one on the Honor Guard. i really wanted there to be more of this in the book, especially the battle! but i suppose we'll have to make do with what we've got, haha.