Reviews for Not here, not now
Fianlly some more focus on tony lets see if he gets hurt or its just gonna be bout mcgee
Ugh hurt mcgee again so damn boring its always either ending up bout mcgee or the bitch ziva even tho they come up in a TONY fanfic search!
There was no need to put tiva in this even for a second ruined the whole vibe
DeprLugia chapter 10 . 8/23
I don't understand this whole chapter is sooooo messy I can't follow who is with who and where. I thought Tony and the lady is in the hotel, not with Gibbs and Ziva, but the lines ran into. How can they be in the car so suddenly, or what's happened o.O
_"You are driving awfully fast to get to a years-old crime scene," Ziva noted.

"If it's even a crime scene," Gibbs acknowledged, but he didn't let up on the gas pedal.

Ziva smiled.

"I was a cop in Philly," Tony said. "Still pretty green, really. I had this great partner, Andy Devlin. He was an old guy who had seen it all, done it all. He also knew where all the really good food was in the city. I think I put on ten pounds my first month on the job with him. Anyway, he had this thing about green cars, always said they were bad luck. So we pull up to this building on a domestic dispute call one night, and there sits a green Caddy."

"You see that, DiNozzo?" Devlin asked, pointing to the car.

"Yeah, Dev, it's a Caddy. Nice car."

"You little punk," Devlin said affectionately. "It's a green Caddy is what it is. Green. This call is gonna be trouble. You bring your A game today, kid?"

"Always," DiNozzo answered, still young and eager. He hopped out of the car and started toward the building, turning to wait for his partner to lumber across the road. "You know, Dev, maybe it's more of an olive than a green."

Devlin punched his shoulder, rolling his eyes. "One of these days, kid, you'll figure it out."

The older cop was further annoyed by the fact that the elevators in the building were out and they had to huff it up ten stories to get to the apartment of the feuding couple. DiNozzo heard them screaming at each other over the heavy breathing of his big partner.

They each took a side of the door, but before they went in, Devlin said quietly, "DiNozzo. Never underestimate a domestic. Affairs of the heart and all that bullshit, but you always watch your back on these 'cause you never know."

DiNozzo nodded, thinking about the paperwork this was going to generate. He focused on the task at hand, though, as he knocked hard on the door and yelled, "Philly PD! Open the door!"

They heard a gunshot, and Devlin muttered, "I told you so, DiNozzo."

The partners exchanged a look. Devlin nodded and DiNozzo kicked in the door, following his partner into the apartment and immediately seeing the dead woman staring lifelessly at the ceiling. He heard another gunshot and thought the man had killed himself until Devlin dropped to his knees in front of him, gun falling to the floor as he raised his hands to the wound. DiNozzo raised his own gun and put a bullet through the head of the man pointing a gun at him. The young cop barely registered the thump as the man's dead body hit the floor.

"No, Dev, no," DiNozzo cried, dropping to his knees and pulling out his radio. "1013! Officer down. I need a bus at this location now!"

DiNozzo put his hands on the gushing wound in his partner's neck. He pressed down as hard as he dared and watched the light fade out of the older man's eyes.

"Green … cars," Devlin gasped, seeing the horror in his young partner's eyes and wanting to tell him everything was going to be okay. But it wasn't. "I told … you."

Tears slipped down DiNozzo's face as he looked into his dying mentor's eyes. "No, Dev. You're gonna be fine."

"You're … a good … cop … D. Don't ever … forget … that."

As the old man's eyes slipped shut for the final time, DiNozzo let out a wail of pain and despair, and his bloody hands curled into fists. Even all these years later, he still remembered feeling so very alone in that room full of the recently dead.

"God, Tony," Watts said from her perch on the bed. "That's awful."

She was refilling his glass before he even noticed he'd drained it while telling the story. His hands shook and he chalked it up to booze and painkillers instead of the memory that still woke him on bad nights.

"So was going home to an empty apartment that night. I drank myself stupid and punched holes in the walls."

"Did it help?" she asked quietly.

Tony lifted his glass in a solemn cheers. "I'm still breathing."

"I know where we're going," Gibbs said suddenly.

"I … That is good?" Ziva said, confused.

"I mean," Gibbs said as they sped down the road, "I knew the address, but now I know where we're going. Pacci had a cabin that he inherited from his uncle. That's where Bell made his last calls from."
Awesome!
MidwestDreamer chapter 19 . 6/2
Tony iremains, for me, one of the most fascinating characters on NCIS. While later seasons provided a few more glimpses into his backstory, and he eventually developed a decent relationship with his father in canon, I am still drawn to the stories that paint Senior in a more sinister light; they tend to ring a bit more true to me than canon and explain Tony's persona a bit more realistically. Alas, despite dealing with dead service members on a routine basis, the show has a certain lightness to it...and, imho, the writers and TPTB felt a need to lighten Tony's background a bit- especially given that Gibbs is already the King of Angst, Tim's relationship with his dad wasn't stellar...and don't get me started on all of Ziva's issues with Daddy David! ;-)

This is yet another of your stories that unmasks Tony in a superb and fascinating way. Coupled with and set against a stellar case fic, this is magical. The pacing was outstanding: every time I allowed myself a sigh of relief, the action ratcheted up again until you brought it to its crescendo with Abby's kidnapping. I'd love to be a fly on the wall, witnessing what transpired between Abby and Tony following his surgery. I want to think that, in addition to seeing to his physical needs as he starts his recovery, she starts breaking down some of those carefully constructed walls...and Tony realizes it's OK to share more of his past- especially since Gibbs and Ducky are now more aware of it.

Thanks for sharing such a great story. I'm looking forward to working my way through the rest of the completed stories you've posted here.
Frakking Toasters chapter 19 . 11/29/2014
Broken Tony breaks my heart. But I love it, and you write it so perfectly! xo
M. Louise E chapter 19 . 11/15/2014
A wonderful story. The team and Tony worked through a lot of stuff. Wow! Thank you for sharing. :D I enjoyed reading it. :D
Guest chapter 19 . 7/16/2014
Great story!
sterno chapter 19 . 4/21/2011
THANKS FOR THE REALLY GOOD STORIES! I READ BOTH AND THEY WERE SO WELL WRITTEN AND TRUE TO THE CHARACTERS. GLAD IT DID NOT WORK OUT BETWEEN ZIVA AND TONY AS LOVERS BETTER AS FRIENDS. LOVE ABBY AND TONY AS BEST BUDS TOO! ALSO GIBBS AS A PAPA BEAR. THANKS FOR WRITING AND POSTING THEM!
Madances chapter 19 . 3/1/2011
Hi, I read your story this morning and I enjoyed it. Good job. Tracy
Detour chapter 19 . 1/29/2011
"Holy random memory, Batman," - Ah! We were both saying this before we knew each other, too!

Sweet ending. And made easy to digest as it's Abby instead of Gibbs. Though 24/7 Nurse Abby is a bit scary to me!
Detour chapter 18 . 1/29/2011
This is really very interesting: "Tony said softly, "I know she's tough as nails." He paused, drawing a shaky breath. "She shouldn't have to be."

"And you should?" the doctor asked..."

Do they all kinda feel that way, do you suppose? That they have to be tough field agents, but they're being tough in part so that the Abbys of the world shouldn't have to be?
Detour chapter 17 . 1/29/2011
I think maybe I hated you when I first read this chapter and thought you'd really killed her off :0)
Detour chapter 16 . 1/29/2011
Ack, more Abby danger!

Of course she'd be smart enough to leave a clue even while being nabbed...and of course Tony would berate himself for not realizing something faster, even though he's the only one who could remember, and he DID eventually remember...