Reviews for Beautiful
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 1 . 3/13
I am in love with this pairing now! You did this to me! How could you make such a beautiful story look so canon. I enjoyed all of this, really. Great job!
Lonely Little Angel chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Absolutely lovely! _

It's an important topic you've chosen. Very skillfully written.
shorty likes cookies chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
I love this pairing and im sooo glad you did a fan fic on it! The conversation between Kaouru and Mei was so cute :3 I wish a guy could say that to me in real life *daydreams...* I especially loved the make over part! That was a great idea! I will now feel obliged to stalk your stories... ;D
grimdreamer chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
My dear, I am so glad you wrote such a competent story featuring Kaoru and Mei. Had you not done so, the burden of being the only writer to contemplate this pairing would have been immense; it would have meant having to write the best possible story so that all the unbelievers out there can be converted to Kaoru and Mei's way of romance.

Goodness, the strength of this fanfic is the dialogue, for sure - especially the dialogue between Kaoru and Mei. Are you a fashion designer yourself or some kind of model? Because that kind of world is very remote to those of us with less creative vocations, and for you to write so sensitively for Kaoru on the subject more than suggests that you have some valid experience or knowledge regarding fashion and models. It really worked. I believed you. Better still, I believed Kaoru. You represented him so well that not a part of me imagined him for a moment being camp or suspicious, just a person who had a skill and an art. He is the reason your fanfic has the title "Beautiful" and Mei also helps.

I have never met her before. I stopped watching the series and never read up on the manga, but I gather from character and manga summaries that she is a force to be reckoned with. I find her likeable and simply thought of her as a sharp contrast to Kaoru, but now I can see how she can be taken seriously in a different way and might be able to win over the most unsuspecting hearts. Part of you must be in her, and that, too, is an insight I am thankful for because it is strengthening to know there are perceptive individuals out there with worthwhile things to think and say.

Only remarks I have which do not involve further praise on your satisfactory brilliance is the lack of descriptive paragraphs. Do not make dialogue your only forte, work on how to describe as subtly as you dialogue. I could have done with some descriptions so that the characters had somewhere to live besides just an ordinary hallway or an ordinary room full of clothes. Control the settings! Make my imagination work hard! And take it easy with the words like "quietly" because, if you've chosen the dialogue correctly, then "quietly" will speak for itself.

Your story is, without shadow of a doubt, on my favourites list. Thank you for writing it. I might have a Kaoru/Mei story to tell you one day.
cyberangle chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
i'm not sure what to think about the pairing Mei and Kaoru...i do believe Kaoru would like to hang out with her...but not date
meg chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
love the story! you relly should continue it.
Social Safari chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Just found your story and it is romantically perfect. I love this pairing and not one I would have ever considered! I'm now going to look for more Kao/Mei stories!
nicluvly chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
I loved this! It was so adorable! I just recently got into this pairing and I was sad to see there were only two in the categorie! I'm glad this was such a wonderful fluffy peace, it made up for the lack of love for this pair. Instant favorite for sure. :3
somerdaye chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
As soon as I saw the title, I knew I'd love this. I was right.

Mei-chan IS beautiful, I've always thought this. She really shouldn't wear so much makeup. Definite agreeing with Kaoru on this one.

You have the twins down to a T. The little story of how they used to search for their mother every day until they found her is adorably stubborn, and so like them. It made me smile hugely.

Good job, I'm off to check out more of your work. :)
9oreo9 chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
God I love this 3

I wish there were more Kao/Mei stories :3
Dance Away chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
So cute! Really well written and just... aww. Kaoru is so cool. Fav!
Hoshi chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Omg, so cute. I actually do see Mei getting together with one of the twins eventually. They already seem to consider her as a friend, seeing how they invite her to sing Karoke in chapter 74. I actually like Mei, she becomes Haruhi's only good (girl) friend and does alot for her in later chapters. I really hope Mei appears in more chapters, as well as more fanfics! Lets spread some love for Mei!
meimelon chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
OMGYAY! Someone else who likes this pairing. xD Thanks so much for getting Mei on the character list too, I was always sad she wasn't there. ;

Very cute story. I always wanted to see one of the twins give Mei a makeover (well, actually, anyone giving a makeover, because in a lot of manga scenes she looks almost like a clown, which I'm sure was the point, but still xD) Anyway, you did it very well. I especially liked the subtle dynamics going on with the twins, and Mei's insecurities made her very easy to sympathize with the whole way through.

The only little problem I had is that some of the things Kaoru said came off very unnatural, and broke the flow of the story. Like, I dunno how to describe it, it was too charming and gentlemanesque, you know? I don't imagine him talking that way. o_O Otherwise, he was pretty well done, as were the other characters. Haruhi was dead on, I think. xD It's a wonder she ever gets to study.

Anyways, I'm really glad I got to read this. It was pretty awesome. _
soserene93 chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Your story is absolutely awesome ! Kaoru's speech about beauty made me feel good about myself so for that I thank you :)
smalltowngal chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Yes. YES! I have been waiting for someone to write a Mei/Kaoru. Have a well-deserved cookie :D

I smell canon Mei/Kaoru. For sure.