Reviews for Between the Gloss and the Reality
kate-connors chapter 9 . 6/29/2014
I really really like this story and ur action scenes sre hella good described iM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW HAPTER HURRYY THE FUCKUP also ur writing gets better with every chapter
MichaelSaniyan chapter 9 . 11/28/2013
Aaaarrrrghlffkfjfl HOW IS THIS STILL A THING IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARSSSSSSS

Haha, oh man oh man was I excited to see this get updated. I remember it being a great story when I read it and the quality it still up to snuff. Funnily enough, I first read it as a way of experiencing Mirror's Edge in a different way, now I'm reading to REMEMBER the actual game because it's been so long since I've played it.

Hope you do indeed complete this fic, I for one is definitely looking forward to upcoming chapters.
Anthony .A chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
Just thought i'd say, you have a real talent for writing. Keep it up! im only on chapter 3 but its really, really good so far! :D
Thunder Krystal chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
Before I read the next chapter I just want to say this... Am I the only one who senses chemistry between Merc and Faith? The way he's so protective of her... Or the fact that I have a teeny crush on him and I like the idea of him and Faith together...
Cranberry Knight-XIII chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
No where near as impressive as Gramm's novelization, but it's okay in some parts...
MichaelSaniyan chapter 8 . 3/2/2012
I'm so glad you decided to update. I love this story, I love being able to follow it with my memories of the game, and the way you describe the environments and the characters is spot-on (pretty sure I've said this before but whatever). So yeah, very much looking forward to the next chapter.
Trar chapter 7 . 2/27/2012
Good story so far! Please continue if you can, even if it's been basically a year and a half...
Claire chapter 5 . 4/21/2011
I'm loving it!
Goshh chapter 7 . 4/12/2011
wahh, really interesting twist on the story line! O: can't wait till you finish the story ;)
Texcatlipoka chapter 7 . 8/16/2010
Nice chapter. I'm looking forward now to learning a little more about jacknife. Maybe I missed something but I always felt that was left unexplored in the game.
MichaelSaniyan chapter 7 . 8/5/2010
Oh my god, the speedrun on this level was such a bi-...yeah. Anywho, a mention. *teary-eyed* I'm so proud of myself...ah, enough of that. I did, after all, promise myself not to cry. ;)

Delicious writing as always. Can't really comment on anything that I haven't already commented on, but that just means you're not getting worse, right?...sorry. Not good with the humor. Now, this is probably just my opinion, but I really don't give a damn about Jackknife. He's a closed chapter in Faith's life and I just didn't like him. And I think coincidence did Faith a weird favor with Kate, allowing Faith to forget about Jackknife. Forever. Have you realized I hate him yet?

I once again must give you huge props for novelizing a game such as ME. It's not a terribly story-driven game, even if the story isn't bad. Just...just thought I'd give you a pat on the back for that.

Well, I'm gonna quit rambling. Happy writing, cheers!
lizardboy chapter 6 . 7/17/2010
awsome
vivichichan-01 chapter 6 . 3/22/2010
cool I love this story! Even though you're trying to make this story just like the game, it's a FanFiction so I think you should play around with Faith and Jacknife's emotions. maybe you could do more than one POV idk your story.
Valid User Name chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
Really good, can't wait for the next chapter.
MichaelSaniyan chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
Man, my head hurts. Cross-referencing this with ye old memory banks while reading at the same time is kinda hard. Cutscenes are easier, thankfully. Also, I'm not sure but isn't Celeste's line "Those Blues can't move for shit." Of course I'm not saying this to try to pick away at your masterpiece and excellent writing by being a douchy complainer, I'm saying it because if I'm right I'm kinda surprised that I remembered such an insignificant detail. Hmm...

Also, I don't think Faith hates Jackknife. I just think she stopped caring about him at some point. Faith doesn't strike me as a person who would keep emotions for someone she so obviously dislike. Even if they were together at some point. Meh, that's just my two cents. Anyhow, eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Cheers!