Reviews for From A Certain Point of View
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
excellent oneshot, thank you!
Jukka chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
This was great. A very interesting and realistic point of view of those events. You are absolutely right in saying that Albus was young and is natural for young people to make mistakes, especially when they are in love. He tried to make up for it for the rest of his life, and that in itself says something important of his character. In the end he was only human. Thank you for this one shot, I enjoyed reading it very much :)
leylinjan chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
wow - I normally consider myself objective and empathetic and all that, but I NEVER thought about it that way! That it probably wasn't only Albus' fault, I mean, and your explanation for it. I really really like this because it gives me a new perspective on things. Perhaps I have become to narrow minded with all these DumbleHaters out there. Fun to read, and fun to write, but I really never considered that there might be another explanation besides that he made one grave mistake and then made a 180 turn to become a Saint or that he was rotten from the very beginning. Thank you so much for sharing! I originally was looking for rare character combinations with Harry so that I can write something 'new', but I consider myself really baffled. Thanks for sharing!
Kind Baudelaire chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Poor albus, still this is amazing :)
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
It needed to be said. Thank you.
Krysler chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I like how you've portrayed Harry's insightfulness, especially since Harry can relate, being only seventeen, parentless and the weight of the world on his shoulders (literally!) and simply because you've voiced everything I've been thinking about the Dumbledore in his youth. :)
emanon chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Interesting perspective on his youth, but it doesn't change anything in regards to Dumbledore's actions as an adult. To the end, it remained a manipulative old man playing games with other peoples lives. What part of "right instead of easy" calls for the sacrifice of a teenage boy? Plots and secrets...and so much of book 7 was pure luck. Not to mention the all the innocents hurt or killed, just to give the Malfoy's of the world a chance to redeem themselves...which they never do.
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
i love all the Dumbledore bashing... but... i love "I'm Dumbledore's Man" type of fanfic too... soo congratulations...

really nice point of view...

saya.sen chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I loved this story! I think people expect so much of dumbledore they tend to be more unforgiving of his mistakes. I honestly love his character though, and I liked getting to read a more sympathetic view.

Saya
asterisms chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
I agree. Like other people have said, many authors just bash him, and while this is fine in some cases, I think this idea is much more realistic. Nobody at that age should need to take care of a family.

It's very well written and interesting.

Thanks for sharing.
Lolchen chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Nice one. Rather introspective. I like that you write proDumbledorefics - too many people just go and bash him without much thought.
Kitiara Woodbane chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
This is a really interesting interpretation of that scene, that I have never considered before. I like it!
Rago Dragovian chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Insightful viewpoint on what happened. I liked it.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
loved it
anime-loon chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Just been going through your fantastic collection of writing and I had to comment on this, it's such a unique viewpoint and one I can agree with! Well written and thoroughly engaging, very nice!