Reviews for Dismemberment
The Goliath Beetle chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
Historical!Hetalia is difficult to write. But you've nailed it. This is brilliant stuff!
Breathing Fire chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
This is excellent. Romano who's sensible and not entirely tsundere, Spain who isn't a idiot and historical facts everywhere. Thank you for writing this.
Allers3 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
(I think I read this before but I never reviewed so here you go) This is absolutely stunning (go ahead and pretend that was italicized, okay? :P). Besides your portrayal of the characters (which was amazing), just the... the way you wrote about the war(s, I guess) and how the nations experienced them was so perfect and amazing. The last sentence was flawless, it just seems to... ahaha, I want to say 'sum it up', but that really doesn't do it justice. It just ties everything together really well, and kind of sends the point home; the civil war completely tore Spain apart. Awesome job, I really love this. Keep writing!

Ally
KiwiPanda7 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This a really great historical fanfic. The feelings behind Spain and Romano truly equate to real events - it melds together seamlessly. I think my favorite part was "I don't think the past was ever as great as you make it sound." "No. But it never pretended to be." It truly shows the age of the nations. :)
Readers-Section chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
I love this...nation, person, history and fiction, all woven together so beautifully and smoothly.
surxi25 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
It's good to see these two being more serious, and yet not losing the familiarity they've always shared. And you handled the historical facts really well too. Good work :)
amster chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
i don't think i've ever read history that was made so personal and intimate before. and yes, even if this is a work of fiction it feels so real. excellent writing, as always.
heygodcomplex chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Oh, I love this. Just...just this whole thing is wonderful. The casual-yet-serious relationship between Spain and Romano that you showed so clearly, the different moods that flow along with each other flawlessly, the historical background, it all makes this wonderful

You're so going on my favorites. Lawl.
Snowy Lutia chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I really love serious history related hetalia fanfics, this one seems really mature in thought.

I especially like the ending part with Spain's thoughts about his history, you characterize them very well.
D.G. Ling chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Lovely! It's wonderful (but sadly not too common)too see these two in a darker setting mixed with the historical context so realisticaly! It's gives the refreshing change yet still stays in character!
Canadino chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
i knew 'me ne frego' was familiar but i couldn't place it. i guess high school history class has its perks.
TheMadame chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Waah, this was really good! Lovely details, good writing and it's even better with the history thing! Good job! :D
starshards chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
This was absolutely beautifully written and amazingly, despite the circumstances you kept them both wonderfully in character.

Fabulous job.