Reviews for Kingdom of Heaven
CheesecakeKittyCat chapter 1 . 5/9
This is amazing! I love the amount of detail in this! Keep up the good work!
Aomina chapter 1 . 4/19
ah i love stuff like this! so emotional and well-written :)
RowenaMatthewJones chapter 1 . 12/13/2016
This is amazing, you are so so talented. Really, I mean it, you are amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2016
i like history
yoshiki3027 chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Such amazing and beautiful story, i really love it
thousandyearflower chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
Damn such stories need more recognition!

It is a wonderful piece of history!Hetalia.

I especially love your treatment of the relationship dynamic between Germany and N. Italy. It makes N. Italy's on-screen constantly one-sided friendship with Germany justified (Veneziano's love for Germany is an echo and a superimposition of his love for HRE) and could definitely be a reason the person!Italy went to war allied with person!Germany: because person!Italy felt guilty he never went with person!HRE to recreate the Roman Empire and as a result ushered about the death of person!HRE so this time 'round, person!Italy's going to do person!HRE's offspring person!Germany's Roman Empire dream justice.

Phew.

And Romano being the seemingly only-sane-man renders this rather tragic. He sees Veneziano destroying himself over his love for Germany (that Germany might or might not be reciprocating, your rendition here's pretty ambiguous about his personal opinion on the whole war thing-doll's eyes and wax skin and not fighting back[Prussia would've. The Germanic states would've. Germania would've.]).

Anyway, kudos for a stupendous job!

~flower
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
A wonderful peace of history!Hetalia, beautifully researched and executed. Romano's point of view is fairly rare, but you do such a great job with it. I really love the threads of religion and Italian, and the line "For Germany, God's kingdom was but one more to conquer."

Thank you so much for writing this!
Nobody chapter 1 . 3/14/2015
I have no words for this. You combined the historical events with the characterization in an almost magical way, making it at the same time hard and easy to believe this would/have happened.((Also, the confession almost killed me... I dunno how to feel)) THANK YOU!
Missingwings chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
I came so very close to crying. The horrible emotions that Romano felt... WWII really was a horrible time. Germany really did... This puts a new light on the WWII scenes in Hetalia Axis Powers. The end when Romano found Feliciano... That was heartbreaking. So was Feliciano's apparent trauma. I don't want to think that Ludwig did that to him... But Germany did that to Italy, didn't it? Hitler was a sick and twisted man.
fan-nerd chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
This was an absolutely lovely and thrilling read. Excellent to read a historical fic with the Italy brothers in this fic, especially in the truthful context of Germany in this period. Definitely brought tears to my eyes.

Bravo!
lmncake chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Wah... Some tears actually managed to crowd around my eyes for a bit. *wipes them away* There should be a sequel for this...
Pear-Shaped chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Thanks for a beautiful story; I like the history as well. Your writing style is really lovely:)
Lamashtar Two chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Beautifully inspiring.
Tinkering Shade chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Thank you for finally making Romano own up to his piss poor attitude and actually act like a badass and at the same time I thank you for actually stressing the seriousness of war. It was a lovely piece.
CeliloChan4evar chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
This was quite nice. I like the historical backup, that you didn't just make it up. This was a superb serious take on a comedical show. I also like seeing different sides of the Italys, rather than just their silly/ weak side that is so often portrayed in Hetalia. I also really like the fact that actual civilians are involved, and that it isn't just nations. The Latin and religion was a nice take.