Reviews for Paper in Fire
jordynleigh01 chapter 8 . 7/7
Why couldnt ed have went on a date with a guy instead of a woman :'(
KalaPrideHomunculus chapter 3 . 6/13
Wow Mustang was kinda harsh...Love your book by the way it's completely different to everything I'm used to reading thanks. :)
Stained Smile chapter 31 . 4/6
This was a nice little story that did everything right. Believable action scenes, natural conversations, and good presentation of the characters and environment. The grammar and pacing was solid all the way through. I especially liked your presentation of Roy as a Machiavellian sort being so concerned with physical tells and deliberate conversational choices. It was very well done.

I suppose the primary thing "missing" was a real sense of fear or anticipation while the story unfolded. Granted, manufacturing a strong emotion in the reader has to be the most difficult art in writing, especially in a relatively short and light-hearted story as this one. It was hard to relate to Edward's depression and loneliness because he was presented in that condition initially. To be fair, his gradual recovery as well as Roy's realization of his affections were handled well. In addition, the attempted coup felt lacking, what with being introduced and ended so quickly. I'm also not sure if this story really deserved an M rating given your action scenes were relatively gore-light (not necessarily a bad thing). These are largely quibbles though.

I greatly enjoyed the story, can't wait to view your other works!
Crack.Alchemist chapter 31 . 3/16
I really like your RoyEd. Very wonderful story.
luluhrh chapter 31 . 11/24/2014
it's cute. adorable!

Mustang is an ass. . . and no one is surprised. XD well written!
Lyson chapter 14 . 9/21/2014
Uuuuugh. Why is Ed always the sad insecure pathetic desperate needy type in RoyEd fan girl stories...why... what is the matter with...ugh. I try so hard not to review, I try so hard... and I just can't...ugh... the content just gets so bad...

-takes a deep breath-

Ok, I'm closing this story now...I just can' this...crap...

I tried not to review, I swear. I got this far.

... Lyson
DreamKaskade chapter 31 . 8/12/2014
Bloodwar recommended I come read this in her shout out of you and I'm really glad I did. (: it was an emotional roller coaster reading this and I wanted to choke Roy a couple times and cry for Edward. /: it was an amazing read. I think it took me a day and a half haha.
Inu Tashiro p chapter 29 . 8/11/2014
I loved this :)
soer chapter 31 . 6/26/2014
An incredible read! Straight to the plot right from the start.
Toolazttologin chapter 31 . 6/24/2014
Oh my gosh...
Marry me? XD
Xmazt chapter 31 . 5/31/2014
Why should I find this story just yesterday!? You're a prefect story teller. I enjoy this storyXDDD When Ed felt hurt and despair, his pain hurt me as well. You don't know how much I was moved at Ed's asking "what took you so long" in the mine and Roy's saying "how could he have no idea he's beautiful?" Having endured so much, Ed definitely deserved happiness, so did Roy. Thank you for giving a happy ending for them;-)
I don't think you made Al OC actually. I do think he would be that mad when it comes to Ed's getting hurt even though he always appeared calm and gentle.
Love this story! And looking forward to your new work if possibleXD
Daddys little crazy bitch chapter 31 . 3/1/2014
love it
Sentimentalstories chapter 14 . 2/26/2014
Aww, I hate to see Edward so... so... pained... I hope things turn out well for him!
BeyondMyReach chapter 31 . 2/18/2014
omg. I was hooked from the summary to the end. Love. Absolutely love. You got their characters down to the T and I love the way things turned out. Mustang was such a bastard in the beginning (but so like himself in his manipulative, 'I only care about my political position' way) that I was so happy when Ed refused to get back with him. Lol. That was evil of me but payback.
Sigh. Ed is all grown up now. I love how Ed is mature enough to admit that not all the blame fell should fall on Roy, even though I still think he is a bastard, since it takes two to tango.
Al gave me a mix feeling here, since he did feel a little ooc with his attitude towards Roy and stuff, but understandably so. I think you got his relationship with Ed down tho. The Elric brothers only care about each other's happiness.
Maes and Roy's interaction is interesting as well. I love Maes his comment about how he didn't just marry Gracias for her amazing good looks.
Anyway, thank you for writing :)
Sailor Tralfamadore chapter 31 . 1/21/2014
God, this is so good! Maybe even better than "In a Dream, I Saw", which I already love to pieces. Originally I would skip ahead to where Roy realizes he loves Ed since I thought I couldn't take the chapters and chapters of Roy being a jerk to Ed, but boy, was I wrong. It's so much better with the full context! Anyway, keep writing awesome stuff about RoyEd, and you should give this more sequels! (I like the one with Winry but would really like to see more!)