Reviews for Paper in Fire
Nice how you framed the narrative with each person arriving home, and a phone call. Using a similar format to frame the differences, and the progression of the story from start to finish is really cool. Congrats on a really great story, twas quite engaging and a fun read.
Selenity84 chapter 31 . 7/12
I loved this story :)
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 31 . 7/4
This was pretty good and I like the ending. Especially the fact that Ed went ahead with opening his own business.
Mental Incapacity And Unhinged chapter 31 . 6/24
Pretty story. And I'm not a big fan of Royed .
Loved it . You did a good job and you should feel good d(~)b
Cricketsong.1985 chapter 31 . 3/24
This was the first story I have read in the FMA fandom and I really enjoyed it! Great writing and characterization!
Rei Kiri chapter 4 . 1/4
Oh god I forgot just how much I liked your writing style. I went through four chapters without even noticing... I absolutely love this! Right now I'm a little sad for Ed but I know you - you gonna make things right and make them both suffer real good on the process, just like I like it ;) Roy is such a... Roy. I couldn't help but mutter 'bastard' through it almost every time he talked XD I stopped at a real cliff hanger there, so I get excited about reading the next (four? lol) chapter for tomorrow! honestly can't wait (wanna bet if I break and read it before tomorrow? 'cuz I think you might win that bet...)
Love as always!
Rei
clingykawa chapter 31 . 11/5/2015
I just feel so warm reading the ending knowing that it was a good read.
jordynleigh01 chapter 8 . 7/7/2015
Why couldnt ed have went on a date with a guy instead of a woman :'(
WrathAndRain chapter 3 . 6/13/2015
Wow Mustang was kinda harsh...Love your book by the way it's completely different to everything I'm used to reading thanks. :)
Stained Smile chapter 31 . 4/6/2015
This was a nice little story that did everything right. Believable action scenes, natural conversations, and good presentation of the characters and environment. The grammar and pacing was solid all the way through. I especially liked your presentation of Roy as a Machiavellian sort being so concerned with physical tells and deliberate conversational choices. It was very well done.

I suppose the primary thing "missing" was a real sense of fear or anticipation while the story unfolded. Granted, manufacturing a strong emotion in the reader has to be the most difficult art in writing, especially in a relatively short and light-hearted story as this one. It was hard to relate to Edward's depression and loneliness because he was presented in that condition initially. To be fair, his gradual recovery as well as Roy's realization of his affections were handled well. In addition, the attempted coup felt lacking, what with being introduced and ended so quickly. I'm also not sure if this story really deserved an M rating given your action scenes were relatively gore-light (not necessarily a bad thing). These are largely quibbles though.

I greatly enjoyed the story, can't wait to view your other works!
Crack.Alchemist chapter 31 . 3/16/2015
I really like your RoyEd. Very wonderful story.
luluhrh chapter 31 . 11/24/2014
it's cute. adorable!

Mustang is an ass. . . and no one is surprised. XD well written!
Lyson chapter 14 . 9/21/2014
Uuuuugh. Why is Ed always the sad insecure pathetic desperate needy type in RoyEd fan girl stories...why... what is the matter with...ugh. I try so hard not to review, I try so hard... and I just can't...ugh... the content just gets so bad...

-takes a deep breath-

Ok, I'm closing this story now...I just can't...read this...crap...

I tried not to review, I swear. I got this far.
Sigh

... Lyson
DreamKaskade chapter 31 . 8/12/2014
Bloodwar recommended I come read this in her shout out of you and I'm really glad I did. (: it was an emotional roller coaster reading this and I wanted to choke Roy a couple times and cry for Edward. /: it was an amazing read. I think it took me a day and a half haha.
Inu Tashiro p chapter 29 . 8/11/2014