Reviews for Deals with the Devil
M.B.Liddle chapter 8 . 2/5/2013
A nice mix of a chapter. The training scene is a good fleshing out of the game's rendering. Better than a free level and access to shiny toys at least. And an excellent scene with Admiral Shepard. It's interesting to see the politics behind the story. I look forward to cracking open the next segment.
M.B.Liddle chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
I liked this chapter. It's nice to see Garrus having a bit of fun, and it was pretty cool to get a peek at the inside workings of C-Sec. Good job maintaining Garrus' feelings of being stifled in the system without becoming overly melodramatic. The Victory is doing pretty well for herself at around 400 years old, the restoration crews must be busy keeping all that wood and canvas afloat.
M.B.Liddle chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
I liked the opening of this chapter. The AAR scene was a nice reminder that the Normandy, at least for now, is still an Alliance military unit. I assume here were you say company you're not talking about the NATO standard formation, it would be a trick to fit a hundred or so men aboard.

I also like your take on the SPECTRE initiation scene. Giving Kaidan the POV was a nice way to give the scene a freshness.
M.B.Liddle chapter 5 . 2/2/2013
Another excellent installment, though I've come to expect that in your work. There was some nice, tight tactical action in this chapter, and you took the time to bring in some more NPC marines, which is something I like to work into my fics and I always enjoy seeing it in other works.

It's nice to see some inter-party banter, though if I had a complaint about this chapter it would be Wrex and Shepard's stack-banter, which I felt was a little out of place. Other than that, good work.
Inkess chapter 8 . 1/31/2013
"Kind of like... now." Yup, like the story was made by the same company :P

Good thing that Shep learns to have respect fast. Broken necks aren't good when you need to save the galaxy.

I so hope that John Shepard will end up as a lab rat in Sanctuary one day. What an asshole.
Inkess chapter 7 . 1/30/2013
"Bite me." You know, G, I might take you up on that offer :P

I loved the part where Shepard is excited to try out her new weapons. I also loved how you've made Garrus show her where to get them. I don't envy him, though, having to go talk to his father. I can imagine turian fathers being very strict.
Inkess chapter 6 . 1/29/2013
I love how you give us insights into the military protocols and procedures behind the scenes. I have no clue how they work in real life, but your fics have much more military feel than the game.

Gotta love Garrus, and his hate for bureaucracy. That poor turian would've jumped out of his plates if he didn't join with Shep.

And the Spectre ceremony... you made it look just as it should be, dramatic, but also frustrating.
Inkess chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
I find it interesting that Mr. Shepard has a dislike of Udina. They could go hand in hand. I'm glad that Miss Shepard is picking up that something's wrong here.

I loved the combat scene. "Do I get to wing her?" by Wrex and the "snowglobe of death" being my favorites. I always like fics that take familiar events from the game and make them different, and you're doing a real good job of that.
Inkess chapter 4 . 1/28/2013
I loved your version of the ambush set up for Tali. She handled herself pretty well without Shepard's help.

The sensual scene was very well done, too. Shep needed some relaxing, and the Consort is the best at providing it, it seems.
Inkess chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
Oh, poor Garrus fighting bureaucracy. I really hope he got a chance to punch Pallin when he decided to quit C-Sec and join Shep.

I love your descriptions of military funerals. Shepard's grief was palpable, and I liked that sweet moment between Kaidan and her. I think they started to feel for each other.
Inkess chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
I loved to see what Kaidan and Ash thought about the mission on Eden Prime. I know you can ask them in game, but seeing it from their perspective was really refreshing.

I loved that moment when Shep noticed they were awfully equipped for the mission. Yeah, you go on a Spectre evaluation mission, and all you get are those crappy Lancers and Onyxes. It only happens in action RPGs- oh wait. :)

The only thing that makes me sad is that you told me this is unfinished. I'm loving it so much, and I don't want to run out of chapters to read.
Inkess chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Ouch. Shep's dad starting Cerberus and withholding information on Sovereign? Yup, Mr. Shepard, helped the humanity right there. No, the entire galaxy. And Timmy (is that him?) as a possible husband for Shep? GROSS.

I loved the second part. I got so sad thinking about Nirali. That was one of the most touching "insignificant" quest in the first game. So glad to see her working well with Ash, but it also makes me said because she lost a good friend.

Awesome work!
M.B.Liddle chapter 4 . 1/26/2013
A nice introduction for Tali, I think you've got just the right mix of youth and training here. It's nice to have a few background events fleshed out beside the characters. Good banter between the squadmates too.
M.B.Liddle chapter 3 . 1/17/2013
A darker side of Garrus than I'm used to, but then again, I tend to run pretty paragon. And wow, that funeral. Powerful writing here, and a good send off to a character often forgotten by fan-fiction and the game alike. It's nice to see a softer side of Shepard too.
M.B.Liddle chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
Great chapter. It does kind of leap a fairly large gap, but the character work definitely made up for that. I like your Kaidan, he's rather sweet while remaining professional. Now, I'm no military man, but your writing seemed very genuine in this chapter, good job. Excited to read more.