Reviews for Impulse
JC chapter 30 . 5/27/2014
More! More! More! You are such a great poet and don't let a plagiarism accusation get you down. My friend got accused of plagiarism once bcs her English teacher didn't believe she could write that well. Pls continue! I want to hear what happens next. I want to see Alex heal and confront the man who shot her and find herself again, and there's no one better to tell her story than you. I have said it before; I will say it again: more!
Permastoned chapter 30 . 10/5/2011
Of ALL the people on here that openly plagiarize because they actually do suck at writing and need someone else's work to pass as their own, YOU are targeted for it. I'm slightly amused because, if I'm not mistaken, you are annoyingly obsessive with your work and most definitely would not take someone else's line. It's not a terribly complicated sentence really, it can be possible you both wrote it. But seriously. What the hell. People suck.

I miss you btw.
Guest chapter 30 . 9/25/2011
To JennaLynne,

I do not mean to slight you or your work or your status as an English teacher and as a fellow writer. I hold the utmost respect for you and your work and I do not doubt your integrity or intelligence. Do not insult my intelligence by stating a commonly known metaphor.

I do not believe in coincidences and chance, but is there a slight possibility that two women out of seven billion wrote the same exact words without there being a subconscious remembrance of seeing those exact words prior? Scientifically, there is a picayune chance, so I must say, yes, whether or not I agree.

“My tongue is coated

With a stain of lies.

And if I open

My mouth too quickly,

The words I am not

Allowed to say

Will come pouring out.”

I wrote that in a journal as well, in the same format written above. My words do not “sound similar,” they are the same, and because they are identical, I am having difficulty dismissing this as a similarly artistic coincidence of two women, unknown to each other, reading the same work and internalizing it and refreshing the ideas into an identical set of words.

I will defend myself and I know that you will too. Being accused of plagiarism is not an insult I would lightly put upon someone, but in this case I felt it was warranted. Yes, I would like to have contacted you, but I am sure you can share my reserve about posting my email on a public website. As for my friends, I am not in control of their words, but I do apologize if one has offended. They were only doing it to defend my integrity, and I know you were only defending yours. I do not see another step for us to take. Please, accept my apology, and please accept my truth. My truth is that I wrote that. Your truth is that you wrote that. I mean no slight to you and hope you resume your writing and teaching with all of my respect.

Sincerely,

Jessica Crandall
A fellow writer chapter 7 . 9/25/2011
Your writing is good, and using another person's work can enhance it and make it more refined. But DEFINITELY make sure to give said person credit. Plagerism is the worst thing a writer can do to another. When you write down your feelings, or something that touches you, it comes from the heart. To steal that emotion is not only unfair, but completely immature as a fellow lover of writing and literature. Please give Jessica Crandall her credit. It takes about two seconds and I know for a fact that she would appreciate it more than you know.
Fanficsweet chapter 7 . 9/25/2011
I absolutely loved your story! Jessica gave me a link and she loves this story too, but yes, in chapter seven those are her exact words. It's just trippy to see someone else post them. But all in all we loved your story.
HappieApple chapter 7 . 9/24/2011
In the seventh chapter of this story, it seems that you've taken some of the words that a friend of mine wrote. Were you aware that you basically plagiarised someone?
Jessica Crandall chapter 7 . 9/24/2011
Where did you hear "my tongue is coated with a stain of lies. And if I open my mouth too quickly, the words I'm not allowed to say will come pouring out?" because I wrote that. Do you know me? I'm not angry just a little frustrated because those are my words. I feel like you've invaded my words and stolen them.
kisses-A chapter 29 . 8/5/2011
OMG!

PLEASE!

DONT STOP THERE!

THIS STORY IS WONDERFUL!

I love the format you chose.

It's very different.
Blood Red Kisses chapter 29 . 5/24/2011
Curious to see more. I hope she can overcome this horrible routine...It's not something I'd ever wish on anyone..
Blood Red Kisses chapter 20 . 5/24/2011
Your writing style is very interesting. I like it. And this fic is incredibly sad.
Permastoned chapter 29 . 2/27/2011
Fucking finally. I really missed reading things that are good, and complete shit. I miss your writing lots. I'm aware this review sucks, but its a review so enjoy it.

Write moreeee.
peaceloveSVU chapter 28 . 4/7/2010
I just finished reading Impluse by Ellen Hopkins, and it was really good. Identical is what I am going to read next, thanks for suggesting her books:) You will be as good as her, if not already! PMS.
sunkissedsummer4 chapter 28 . 2/2/2010
Amazing. As always. Sorry I didn't review the last chapter. But it was great too. Glad you're updating again.

-R
me chapter 28 . 2/2/2010

you know how good you are, how good this is. No need to remind you over and over. You already know.
freeyoursoulx chapter 28 . 2/2/2010
I just want to stuff you into my back pocket and take you home with me. You're fucking amazing. End of story.