Reviews for The Short Victorious Vor
Charlesnaismith chapter 7 . 2/14/2013
I liked this. Nice juxtaposition.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
I've been thinking about it more, and I really don't think you did Honer justice.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/7/2012
blink blink... you left all of her humor out. but other than that it was a good story if not with a happy ending
Guest chapter 7 . 8/30/2012
I really wish I hadn't read your explanations and justifications of the story. I really liked most of the story (although the way you skipped over events on Manticore, Grayson and Miles' rescue of Honor was quite annoying) and except for a few minor quibbles I thought you did the characters justice.

Then I read your justifications and your description of the characters motives and actions does not sound at all believable, neither for that matter do your descriptions of the relative technological capabilities (although that was only a matter of some missing/erroneous aspects).

I did really enjoy the story very much up to their arrival in Manticore system, and it was okay after that.
Luan Mao chapter 7 . 1/16/2012
Very nicely done! Nice blending of two universes which at first glance don't match up that well. The notes in Ch7 help a lot. Normally I don't care for author's notes or technical appendices or in-story info dumps, but in such a short story it would have been very difficult to work in all of the needed info seemlessly.

It seems perfectly natural that Miles would have trampled all over obstacles, including Honor. That's what he /does/. The betrayal right at the end was a surprise, but after a bit of reflection, I see that it couldn't have gone any other way.

Characterization was good. Better than Weber's though not as good as Bujold's. But that's praising with faint damns - /no one/ does it as well as Bujold.

Here's hoping you keep writing. And here's hoping your work gets more attention.

Regards,

LM
roserapier chapter 7 . 11/1/2011
This was fascinating to read. I'm not sure I agree with all your conclusions, but it was a lot of fun to read. Thanks for the afterword and explaining your reasoning.
DrunkenGrognard chapter 7 . 7/15/2011
...Damn. This, good sir, was amazing. I came for the delightful pun in the title, and stayed because it seemed to work so bloody well and was very entertaining.

The ending was very Miles, and an utter gutshot, and I applaud you for it. This was excellent writing sir, and I am in awe of it. While I don't agree with all your points in the 'balancing' of the universes, I enjoyed the hell out of this.

Bravo good sir, bravo.
Richard6154 chapter 7 . 5/20/2011
Absolutely top stuff, well done!

It's nice to read such an intelligently written story and plot about two of my favourite characters plus your characterisations are superb.

The technical commentary was appreciated and completed the story well

Thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 7 . 5/15/2011
you made it seem like miles universe is advancing at a crazy rate when reason his planet went from horse calvary to spaceships is because they made contact with other planets and got their technology.
dhrachth chapter 6 . 12/5/2010
Very nice. For awhile there I was doubtful. Thought you were going in the cult-of-Honor direction. But that ending was priceless.
Glassware chapter 6 . 11/20/2010
Huh. You know, I never really read the Harrington series, mostly because I've heard some pretty bad things about the author's writing, but I think that this is pretty good. I object, however, to having Miles' plan go off without a hitch. Miles' plans never go off without a hitch. He always has to improvise, and it's kind of annoying reading him actually planning something and having it work from the start. Great story though, though the annoying new formatting means that it was kind of disjointed.
skywiseskychan chapter 6 . 11/18/2010
An interesting story and take on things. I'm curious now to see just how advanced they really are in the life sciences in the other universe and of course how the treecat system works out meeting the others 100 years from now.
Celsus chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Terrific! My two most favourite series meet. I'd never have thought it possible. It's a little confusing for me to meet them in the middle of their stories, but that's just incipient senility on my part.

Thanks.
Archangel Beth chapter 6 . 8/22/2010
Oh, that's excellent. My only quibble is, like, one or two typos - and the somewhat more irksome lack of a double-space or *** or something between the viewpoint shifts.
Beatrice Otter chapter 6 . 5/26/2010
You know I love your stories. I love the commentary on the Honorverse inherent in this one; if possible, I want sequel(s) to this even more than sequels to the Tides of Stars series. I want to know what happens next!
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »