Reviews for Slow Fade
Mockingeagle chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Awesome story and I love that you used Casting Crown's "Slow Fade", I always thought it suited Anakin/Vader. I also love the way you juxtaposed Padme and Luke's view of Anakin's fall to Vader and Vader's rise back to Anakin. Nice job :)
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
I love this! The parallels between Padme and Luke are wonderful, and the emphasis on Anakin's slow fall and Vader's eventual redemption is very accurate. Nice work!
Leia Skywalker chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Great
My Lady Vader chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
I really love the song, and this fic is great!
Darth Comrade chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
That was some touching poetry there, my friend. And one so apt for Anakin's life, which more or less symbolized the nature of self conflict.

I don't know what your take on the new Clone Wars series is, but personally after watching it so far and then going back on Revenge of the Sith- particularly the ending- it's quite upsetting, considering how they all fought so hard and died to never see the free and glorified Republic they wanted.

It was a defeat for both sides.

But fate has a way of butting in, as your second half of the piece comes in, and as Luke took up the Jedi mantle of his father, brought about the changes necessary for a New Republic.

I like how you also chose the point of view of Padme his wife and then Luke his son and how they both seemingly shared the same thoughts after witnessing his life's journey.

You have a great way with words, and your writing flows nicely. Well done, man. I loved it.
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Very nice.

Anakin's fall and redemption were not sudden things. The catalysts we see on screen are just the last pushes, the final straw so to speak.

I really like Padme's part.

Good job,

VFA
Vas Happenin 1D13 chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
That is so true.
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Interesting...I don't normally read stories that are based on songs, but I wanted to see where you would go with this. I recognized the words in your summary, as well as the title...so I was curious :)