Reviews for Enigma
Guest chapter 29 . 8/22/2013
you're right that was "bleedin' epic".
nochenada chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Did you get toynbe from Savin private Ryan?
Laura-trekkie chapter 29 . 4/14/2012
Great ending. I love the idea of Colby's new team, but am pleased that it won't take him away from his old team. I like the idea of Ian being around, too, so hopefully that will come to pass.

I'm pleased that, between them, David, Micky and Colby got through to Don and reassured him that he's the right man for his job. The fact that he's still got his job should also go a long way to proving that. He'll be ok after some rest and a bit of distance from that hard decision.

I'm not sure quite how I feel about the Burkess situation. I know he's more useful alive, with all the contacts he's got in volatile countries, and I know that he's not going to get an easy ride in the hands of 6, but it still feels a little like he's getting away with it. He'll get his in the end, though and it looks like Colby will get his justice.

But what a line to end on. Just what is Lawrence calling about and why do I get the idea it's not just a call to see how Colby and Diane are feeling after their recent hospital stays? Luckily, having been so lax in my reading, I've not got long until I find out... just got to do some pesky sleeping first.
Laura-trekkie chapter 28 . 4/14/2012
Yay, they got Colby out and he's conscious now, that has to be a good sign...

And the bomber got his comeuppance. Poor Don; a tough decision to make and very easy to second guess with hindsight, but what if he hadn't been the bomber? What if Don had been able to talk him down and he'd had useful information on catching others in his group or more incriminating stuff to put another nail in Burkess' coffin? King is very good at what he does, but he's not really a bigger picture man, he acts on what he sees in front of him, but doesn't necessarily have all the information.

Hopefully David will be able to reassure Don. You don't survive as an agent for 15 years without being good at your job. You especially don't get put in charge of high profile, dangerous and violent cases and have the Deputy Director defer to your judgement if you aren't capable and that's what Don needs to remember.
Laura-trekkie chapter 27 . 4/14/2012
*eep*

Yay, Dee is safe, but what about Colby? Can Doug hang on? Has Colby got a good enough hold of the ladder?

I liked the David and Don exchange. Don's a man of action, while he's doing something, he's sure of himself, but give him a moment to think about it and the doubts can creep in. David knows this, though, and knows how to cut those doubts away and focus Don once more, without making him feel weak.
Laura-trekkie chapter 26 . 4/14/2012
Ha! Take that, Burkess! His plan is nuts, but scary, and already underway. But Colby has it all on tape, he knows what the next step is and has a capable team who can get on it. Burkess also gave Colby a clue, whether he meant it or not, about where to start looking for Diane. Is it enough?
Laura-trekkie chapter 25 . 4/14/2012
Well, I've been a terrible reader and lost track of this story, despite alerts for updates to this and the follow up fics! But, yay, I'm back now and what a chapter to come back with!

Colby's got a plan and back up of the highest calibre, but will it be enough? Will Burkess do the evil-villain-spills-his-whole-plan thing that Colby's hoping?

Whatever info he gets, it's too late for all those FBI agents, SWAT people and any passing person unlucky enough to catch the shrapnel. Is this bomb part of Burkess and co.'s plan? The bomber was Muslim, but is that just a red herring to put blame on foreign terrorists instead of laying it at Burkess' feet?

I liked (if you see what I mean) that you wrote that last bit from Paul Foster's pov - a man we only just met, the bare bones of his family life given to us, but just enough to make his death mean something to the reader. ::sniffles::
TheologyDiscography chapter 29 . 2/3/2011
Excellent series so far, I'm quite looking forwards to the next edition. You know, most authors, the second isn't as good as the first, and if they continue further it rapidly becomes a farce. I congratulate you on managing to avoid that sorrowful statistic, and continue to produce stories that are every bit as wonderful as the origional edition.
Janne chapter 29 . 10/4/2010
this is so great. i think you did good and i've just fallen in love with this hole series. i cant wait until the next story begins!

(i think i'll just read it one more time)

Love Janne from Kølkær, Denmark
Grangerelli chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
oh, I forgot . - referring "what else do we need": x-mas is coming, so may I make a wish? Please, could you bring Megan back? ... Again, thank you for your stories!
Grangerelli chapter 29 . 10/3/2010
Thank you for season 3: great story, great ending. Ok, I missed David a bit and his "Colby-is-getting-his-own-team"-reaction... but hey, season 4 is coming - what else do we need! Again, thank you for writing
jason090 chapter 29 . 10/2/2010
keeep uppppppp the great work i always love your stories
anaid chapter 29 . 10/2/2010
Thank you for your stories! Every Friday at 10 pm I feel that something is missing. Your stories keep Numb3rs alive.
tansysam chapter 29 . 10/2/2010
well done ive really enjoyed this story,hope you will write more soon ,i love colby.
Berrie Nicole chapter 29 . 10/2/2010
I loved this story, just like I have liked all of your stories. It is like Christmas when I see a new chapter from you. Keep up the great work and I can't wait until the next story is up.