Reviews for Fireflies
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Anon here,
God fucking damn. Why is it that every time I read something of yours, I get teary eyes and I feel like hitting Light many times with blunt objects? Don't get me wrong, I love it so much (why do you think I still read fanfiction in the first place?) but damn. You are an amazing writer if you can make me do that. I hate Light Imagay anyway but I mean really now. It's awesome. Keep it up. No really, I want more.
Anon out, PEACE!
Lilyru chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
I knew this was going to make me sad when I read the description. BI

GOING INTO HEADCANON NOW LALALALALA.

AND THEN MELLO AND MATT BOTH LIVED THROUGH THE PLAN AND THEY DEFEATED KIRA WITH NEAR SORT OF HELPING A BIT AND WON FOREVER AND SINCE THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY BANISH NEAR THEY JUST TRIED TO BEAT HIM AT DETECTIVING AND THEY WERE ALL THE BEST DETECTIVES IN THE WORLD AND THEN MATT AND MELLO GOT MARRIED.

Hah, denial is fun. (This is why when I write MxM (none of which I have posted here yet, but whatever) I usually do AU... Too sad.)
Alice-n-Edna chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Aw, this was so sad but so happy at the same time... T.T I hate how M&M (haha) died, but they were teh most epicest character eva! X3

This fic was wonderfull, good job! :D
orgymoogle chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
SO CUTE! loved it! i love mello and matt (SO much!) and i cant wait to read your other stories! :DD
Zchocolatebunniesrulezworld chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Just the summary made me tear up *this comes from someone who cries in school at the silliest things so it really shouldn't be counted as a compliment, even if it was meant as one*

The way you combined their wonderful childhood, the resigned determination for kidnapping Takada, the regretful nostalgia, their friendship, and, of course, the beautiful love between these two just threw my emotions back and forth. I feel like crying and laughing-it's so not fair. Not fair, not fair, not FAIR: THEY DESERVED MORE TIME TOGETHER! T_T...when Matt said "It's been one h3ll of a life" I was just so sad...he deserves more, even though he's been so lucky to have Mello...and then they started joking around about Near which was all sweety-friendship-like, then the fireflies bit made me want to hug our little chibi M'n'Ms to pieces while tears streamed down my face...and I've basically been repeating the same thing throughout this huge paragraph. I'm done.

WAAH!

(by the way, your review had me in a floaty little cloud for about a day :D)
jrenee07 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was...so achingly sad and beautiful.

Such a strong beginning; you captured my interest immediately with the opening lines. I like the style in which you juxtaposed the past with the present, before Matt and Mello speak to each other. In particular, I thought this was especially effective in tearing at the heartstrings, my favorite line:

Of course, years later they would still be in their own little world, inhabited by Kira rather than fireflies, with the Mafia and SPK rather then just each other, and certainly not safe; not ever safe.

And, oh god. The last two lines. I teared up, I'll admit it.

Fireflies are such an apt metaphor for these two...

I think this is my favorite story of yours so far. It really struck a chord. Great job, my dear. :)

Added to favorites.
Takers Hidden Soul Mate chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
It's too sad when you know that them seeing fireflies together again will not happen.
I Spaz With Pizzazz chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Awh. Bittersweet and pretty. :3 I enjoyed it.
L Bloodrose chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Aws...so sweet. :3 Tell Crystal I said "HAPPY LATEishy BIRTHDAY!" Speakig of, have you checked your polls lately?
doujinshilover1516 chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Aw that was so bittersweet!Yetso beautiful
MerpTheMerp chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
I hate to ruin that moment, but... You know what? There will be a "next time" to see the fireflies because in my mind, they faked it. All of it. They've got good stunt doubles and the real Mello and Matt were back in their apartment, eating chocolate and smoking as they watched everything unfold. And afterwards, they were sad because their stunt doubles were killed so they started kissing on the couch and one thing led into another and yes... That is how they lived. For the rest of their lives (because they didn't die!), they lived together and exiled Near to the desert without so much as a robot arm for company.

And that's the end of that. :)

Anyways...

I love fireflies! Unfortunately, they're not around for long where I live but when they are here, I simply lay outside and watch. It's my favorite part of summer.

And Mello is a bug whose butt lights up. :D
bowieblast chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Aw, I really enjoyed that. It was adorable, and I don't say that often. xD Mostly on your stories, though. (:
SunnydayinPallet chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Naw, how sweet! But sad! When you find out that they only have two days left...

The image of chibi!Matt and chibi!Mello out hunting for firefly's... so adorable!

The pacing is great to, not to choppy or to slow.

Loved it!

/Nat
ShinigamiMailJeevas chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Aw i loved this! I've never actually seen a firefly though. TT