Reviews for Run This Town
Arylia Scry chapter 21 . 5/20
Oh wow... that hit me SO hard in the feels it's not even funny. I don't even know how to feel right now other than pure pain, suffering, misery, and sadness.
metallicbubbles chapter 21 . 3/26
Crying so much right now. Too many deaths, cannot take it. T.T
LBH-don't give up chapter 21 . 3/1
Okay. Sooo... i have read your story. It is pretty good. I like it. Heck, i have even added it as favourite. It was so interesting that i couldn't leave it untill i had read it, even if it was middle of night and i was very sleapy. The story sounds so real, like something that could be happening right now (and that is its greater quality), but there are some flaws, some things that were left unanswered. LikeWhat in Yuugi's life that was so bad (there is some hinting on the dark history before coming to town)? How had Bakura and Atem met? Why had Bakura left his home? What did Seto do as detective? Why have Ryou's family come in town (they are rich)? Why have they accepted Yuugi in their group? And i suppose there are other minor questions like this, but i think that they would make story better, give us better picture of characters and cirrument they were in. The story hold such emotion that you can't read it and be left untouched, which is very good. I agree with one of users that have written in his/hers review that Jou's death in epilogue wasn't necesserywe were already more than enough heartbroken. I also like very much that you showed us gray colors in the world, that you have showed us that even if someone does something bad it doesn't mean that he/she is bad, that sometimes people have to do bad things for greater good, or at least for protection of something good, something innocent. I also like your messege to usNo matter what happens, what life throw at you, you have to go on, to keep your hope burning.' That is at least how i saw it.
Thank you for writing this. Please continoue with writing such beautiful stories and only make them better and better.
Guest chapter 21 . 11/14/2016
The last three chapters hit me hard! I can't believe you killd his mom and juo! All this pain in my heart... I don't know if I can take it or not. But the story was so good! I felt bad for all the character and some times I could feel there pain, and some times I could picter the scean playing right in front of me. This story was so sad and heart breaking, but it was also beautiful and fulfilling. All you're story's that I have read so far are always so sad, just the way I like it! I'm note sure why I like sad story I just do I guess I just feal like my life is better than I give it credit for. I loved this story really keep writing you have such a gift!
Nonna chapter 21 . 10/4/2016
Wow. This was beautiful. I actually cried at the end, poor Jou ;-;
SapphireKageKyuura chapter 1 . 5/18/2016
Hmm... I can't remember if I read this chapter before or not. But here it goes, why make Yuugi so weak and unable to protect himself? That just gives all the other guys who can defend themselves; to pick on him. It reminds me of why I hate bullies so much. -.-
JudeStarkeyMcCartney chapter 21 . 3/7/2016
Okay, when a story has been "completed" for six years, I don't usually leave reviews because I doubt the author will see them. However, the exception here is I feel like I need to write this out for my own mental health.

This was amazing. Completely, utterly amazing. Everything was perfectly timed and the character development was incredible. The best part was it was heartbreaking. I'm a sucker for reading happy endings, especially when I'm attached to the characters, but when I write, I personally enjoy tearing everyone a part, similar to how this author did.

I think I love this story so much because it's so vividly real. Some stories will just have death for no absolute reason. Some stories will have conflict that in no way add to the plot, but this...this was more of a "you know what you signed up for so don't be surprised by the worst." It's life. its the life of a gang. It's real. It doesn't end happily. For every joyful story, there's about one thousand that are tragic. We just don't hear about them. This story was painful, relateable? Powerful. The ending was bitter, but that's what made it worth while. It wouldn't have made sense for everything to be perfect at the end. That sort of stuff doesn't just go away, but the hope that lingers is worth it all.

I guess, the best way to say explain the ending of this story is don't judge, just smile. Sometimes even heartbreak should spawn a grin. Just as comedy, it was made for entertainment.
MillenniumBakura chapter 21 . 12/29/2015
God damn, this fic broke my heart.
Amazingly written, amazing story, amazing character traits.
I dont know what else to say, apart from the fact that this is one of my favourite fics up to date now
Hybri-Flam3 chapter 21 . 8/20/2015
This story brought out so many feels in me that I was crying during school and nobody knew why. Plus if i did tell them that would be awkward...
But i loved every tear you pulled from my eyes. You my friend is very talented.
Reviewing in 2015, Lol
Storage-Jar chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
(This is still Len) Okay... so I accidentally clicked review when I meant to click the login button since I realized I didn't login yet. So that's why you have an incomplete, anonymous review. (Yea... this is pretty awkward now...) But I meant to review so here it is:

Did you know I saw this story long ago but never read it because I was scared? Well, I finally decided to read it and it was with good reason that I had a bad feeling about this story! Gosh it's depressing. It's so beautiful. But depressing. I suspected it was one of those heartbreaking, nothing-lasts-forever kind of stories, but I never imagined it'd be like this. For the record, I really wished I was wrong. When Bakura died, everything just came spiraling down for Yuugi and co., and I sorta skimmed everything from there (which is like over half the story) because it's difficult reading stories like this and knowing/realizing that's how life is sometimes. You wrote out a beautiful friendship for them in a harsh world and it was so sad to see them fall apart. The warehouse was like a childhood treehouse/forte, and I dunno, I just really liked how they had a little hangout place to hid away from their problems for a few hours. Everything felt perfect before Bakura died. Even with their issues then, everything seemed ok 'cause they had each other. (This story reminded me of The Outsiders, by S. E. Hinton). But I mean, you built this world so as the author, you're allowed to tear it apart. As a reader, it was just hard to take in. I guess I really felt like I was in Yuugi's shoes or something. I don't know if I like your ending. It's bittersweet - Yuugi has Atem (thank god) but it seems that he'll never heal completely (realistic, but it makes the other part of me really sad). I just wish you wrote an extra happy scene with Yuugi & Atem to wrap up. Now that's wistful thinking. I think if I ever read this story again, I would only be able to read the first half and bits of the second half (parts like where Jou returns and Yuugi & Atem helps each other heal).
Guest chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
Hi, it's me, Len. You might not recognize me 'cause this is my other (main) account. Anyway!

Did you know I saw
MoonKent chapter 21 . 11/17/2014
Hi. I just finished reading your story all in one shot last night. I normally like to leave reviews on each chapter, but I was reading it on my phone which doesn't have that capability. So, I wanted to come back and leave at least one review.

To be honest...I have mixed feelings about this story. I really loved how it started, with Yuugi's loss, and the interactions with him and Atem. I really liked how you made those characters your own, and they really worked well together. And not just them, but Jou, Malik, Bakura, and Ryou as well. They weren't carbon copies of their sources, but they remained true to the essence while coming across as entirely real. The relationship between Yuugi and Atem was completely believable, though I felt there were a few flaws (namely that we don't really see how Yuugi says that Atem has changed him; we just hear him talking about how he was changed. I would have liked to see more 'show' in that respect, than 'tell', if you know what I mean.). Each chapter drew me in and after each one, I couldn't stop.

The part where the story really changed for me was when Bakura died. It was unexpected and hit hard. I almost didn't believe it at first; killing a main character? But even though I didn't necessarily like it, it pushed the characters to new directions and new growth.

However, by the end of the story, it almost felt like there was too much...loss. There were so many people dying that it was starting to lose its impact. I had always suspected that Sara might die, though I expected it to have more to do with Mark and the drugs (though I did like the Ushio cameo). But Jounouchi dying in the epilogue felt almost meaningless. I understand that real life does happen that way sometimes, but for a story that was all about recovering from loss, I guess that I would have liked to see other types of loss mentioned, not just death. At that point, it almost looked like the main characters had a curse out to get them. I would have liked to see Jounouchi leave town and move rather than die. Or to have Yuugi learn to say good-bye in other ways, somehow.

All in all, the last chapter left me feeling rather depressed. The characters speak of hope, but it certainly didn't seem to have reached them yet. Maybe if there had been another chapter, showing a bit more of how their life was and how they were living, a few years down the road.

Don't get me wrong, this was very well written, and is definitely one of the better Yu-Gi-Oh stories out there. Unfortunately, I don't know that it's one that I could reread again. Maybe in a couple years, I could read it and gain new insight and appreciation. But for now, just know that I appreciate all the effort you put into this story, even if it wasn't the best story for me personally.
Maki's World chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
I don't really know what to say... It has been a long time since such a skillfully written, with such a good plot fanfiction came to my attention. I've read it in one trait and man it was good, even if my heart is still trying to recover several hours later x) You even kill my Jounouchi god poor soul :(
Well you got me higher standards... It was exactly what I wanted to read, so thank you very much. :)
Good continuation !