Reviews for Run This Town
SapphireKageKyuura chapter 1 . 5/18
Hmm... I can't remember if I read this chapter before or not. But here it goes, why make Yuugi so weak and unable to protect himself? That just gives all the other guys who can defend themselves; to pick on him. It reminds me of why I hate bullies so much. -.-
JudeStarkeyMcCartney chapter 21 . 3/7
Okay, when a story has been "completed" for six years, I don't usually leave reviews because I doubt the author will see them. However, the exception here is I feel like I need to write this out for my own mental health.

This was amazing. Completely, utterly amazing. Everything was perfectly timed and the character development was incredible. The best part was it was heartbreaking. I'm a sucker for reading happy endings, especially when I'm attached to the characters, but when I write, I personally enjoy tearing everyone a part, similar to how this author did.

I think I love this story so much because it's so vividly real. Some stories will just have death for no absolute reason. Some stories will have conflict that in no way add to the plot, but this...this was more of a "you know what you signed up for so don't be surprised by the worst." It's life. its the life of a gang. It's real. It doesn't end happily. For every joyful story, there's about one thousand that are tragic. We just don't hear about them. This story was painful, relateable? Powerful. The ending was bitter, but that's what made it worth while. It wouldn't have made sense for everything to be perfect at the end. That sort of stuff doesn't just go away, but the hope that lingers is worth it all.

I guess, the best way to say explain the ending of this story is don't judge, just smile. Sometimes even heartbreak should spawn a grin. Just as comedy, it was made for entertainment.
MillenniumBakura chapter 21 . 12/29/2015
God damn, this fic broke my heart.
Amazingly written, amazing story, amazing character traits.
I dont know what else to say, apart from the fact that this is one of my favourite fics up to date now
Hybri-Flam3 chapter 21 . 8/20/2015
This story brought out so many feels in me that I was crying during school and nobody knew why. Plus if i did tell them that would be awkward...
But i loved every tear you pulled from my eyes. You my friend is very talented.
Reviewing in 2015, Lol
Storage-Jar chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
(This is still Len) Okay... so I accidentally clicked review when I meant to click the login button since I realized I didn't login yet. So that's why you have an incomplete, anonymous review. (Yea... this is pretty awkward now...) But I meant to review so here it is:

Did you know I saw this story long ago but never read it because I was scared? Well, I finally decided to read it and it was with good reason that I had a bad feeling about this story! Gosh it's depressing. It's so beautiful. But depressing. I suspected it was one of those heartbreaking, nothing-lasts-forever kind of stories, but I never imagined it'd be like this. For the record, I really wished I was wrong. When Bakura died, everything just came spiraling down for Yuugi and co., and I sorta skimmed everything from there (which is like over half the story) because it's difficult reading stories like this and knowing/realizing that's how life is sometimes. You wrote out a beautiful friendship for them in a harsh world and it was so sad to see them fall apart. The warehouse was like a childhood treehouse/forte, and I dunno, I just really liked how they had a little hangout place to hid away from their problems for a few hours. Everything felt perfect before Bakura died. Even with their issues then, everything seemed ok 'cause they had each other. (This story reminded me of The Outsiders, by S. E. Hinton). But I mean, you built this world so as the author, you're allowed to tear it apart. As a reader, it was just hard to take in. I guess I really felt like I was in Yuugi's shoes or something. I don't know if I like your ending. It's bittersweet - Yuugi has Atem (thank god) but it seems that he'll never heal completely (realistic, but it makes the other part of me really sad). I just wish you wrote an extra happy scene with Yuugi & Atem to wrap up. Now that's wistful thinking. I think if I ever read this story again, I would only be able to read the first half and bits of the second half (parts like where Jou returns and Yuugi & Atem helps each other heal).
Guest chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
Hi, it's me, Len. You might not recognize me 'cause this is my other (main) account. Anyway!

Did you know I saw
MoonKent chapter 21 . 11/17/2014
Hi. I just finished reading your story all in one shot last night. I normally like to leave reviews on each chapter, but I was reading it on my phone which doesn't have that capability. So, I wanted to come back and leave at least one review.

To be honest...I have mixed feelings about this story. I really loved how it started, with Yuugi's loss, and the interactions with him and Atem. I really liked how you made those characters your own, and they really worked well together. And not just them, but Jou, Malik, Bakura, and Ryou as well. They weren't carbon copies of their sources, but they remained true to the essence while coming across as entirely real. The relationship between Yuugi and Atem was completely believable, though I felt there were a few flaws (namely that we don't really see how Yuugi says that Atem has changed him; we just hear him talking about how he was changed. I would have liked to see more 'show' in that respect, than 'tell', if you know what I mean.). Each chapter drew me in and after each one, I couldn't stop.

The part where the story really changed for me was when Bakura died. It was unexpected and hit hard. I almost didn't believe it at first; killing a main character? But even though I didn't necessarily like it, it pushed the characters to new directions and new growth.

However, by the end of the story, it almost felt like there was too much...loss. There were so many people dying that it was starting to lose its impact. I had always suspected that Sara might die, though I expected it to have more to do with Mark and the drugs (though I did like the Ushio cameo). But Jounouchi dying in the epilogue felt almost meaningless. I understand that real life does happen that way sometimes, but for a story that was all about recovering from loss, I guess that I would have liked to see other types of loss mentioned, not just death. At that point, it almost looked like the main characters had a curse out to get them. I would have liked to see Jounouchi leave town and move rather than die. Or to have Yuugi learn to say good-bye in other ways, somehow.

All in all, the last chapter left me feeling rather depressed. The characters speak of hope, but it certainly didn't seem to have reached them yet. Maybe if there had been another chapter, showing a bit more of how their life was and how they were living, a few years down the road.

Don't get me wrong, this was very well written, and is definitely one of the better Yu-Gi-Oh stories out there. Unfortunately, I don't know that it's one that I could reread again. Maybe in a couple years, I could read it and gain new insight and appreciation. But for now, just know that I appreciate all the effort you put into this story, even if it wasn't the best story for me personally.
Maki's World chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
I don't really know what to say... It has been a long time since such a skillfully written, with such a good plot fanfiction came to my attention. I've read it in one trait and man it was good, even if my heart is still trying to recover several hours later x) You even kill my Jounouchi god poor soul :(
Well you got me higher standards... It was exactly what I wanted to read, so thank you very much. :)
Good continuation !
Guest chapter 21 . 7/9/2014
:'( omg...
Guest chapter 5 . 7/9/2014
Y. A. SSS.
Mana's Madness chapter 21 . 5/2/2014
I kinda wanted a little bit of detail about what happened just after the previous chapter, but still, this story was fantastic. The ending was so bittersweet and I got so close to tears; he lost almost everything, but at least he still has Atem.
TheCrystalEevee chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Oops i for got the saving part in the movie title. It should be "Saving Private Ryan"
TheCrystalEevee chapter 21 . 4/20/2014
That was just... wow. I...i... i... this left me abit... numb. This is a powerful story. I actually felt his pain, ALL their pain. This is, by far, one of the best as well as well written stories i have ever read. No words can begin to describe how good this was nor the emotions that ran through my body. Out of all the stories i've read none have gotten closer to life as this. You are right when you day happy endings aren't endings at all but instead an unfinished story. Life is cruel and happily-ever-after is but an illousion. Life does get worse before it gets better and even then it's a struggle. This is the "private Ryan" of fan fics.
(Private ryan was the closest movie depiction to war and yours is the closest depiction to life) I have nothing more to say other then the fact that i loved it and that keep up the, for lack of a better word, wonderful work. (I wish i knew a better word to describe just how great your writing is)
koobre chapter 21 . 3/18/2014
Oh wow. Dang this story held so many surprises! Looked it!
koobre chapter 8 . 3/13/2014
I looooooooooove when Yugi has two conversation s at once! Its always sooooooo funny! My gosh do I love this story!