Reviews for Since When is Danzo the Voice of Reason?
BlackGryphon101 chapter 1 . 8/12
yes I agree with your Dazo in this point especially and I also usually don't like him but like I said I don't like and if this Danzo (or any Dazo really) Konaha would be at war with multiple countries and the samarai with a day. Thought you ought to know they changed it on tv tropes to Jerkass Has A Point instead of the other one. The only other Danzo fanfic I like is "Ruthless I may be but I'm still human."
Brenden1k chapter 1 . 7/4
Brenden Hawley
Darth-Vulturnus chapter 1 . 6/26
Found this gem once again, and I realized something regarding the 'straw man has a point' comment. In a way, it is on an external logic level. Danzo is the straw man of canon (I won't go into Kishi's idealistic black/white world and why I think Norihiro Yagi is a much more compelling author) and here you are pointing out (as an outside reader yourself) that he does in fact have a point. That's what the trope is. This is not that trope internally, but it is cross-referenced externally against canon.
Anon E. Moose chapter 1 . 3/23
Just stumbled upon that story again and it's still good.
As you said, just because Danzo is an asshole does not mean he is never right.

In my opinion it's Naruto's - and Sakura's to a lesser but still great extent - delusion when looking at anything remotely connected to Sasuke that made the story go down the drain.
As funny as your stories are, they only work because they are supposed to be funny.
Canon just looks just so damn brain-damaged because it's meant seriously.

Crazy, murdering sociopaths being forgiven with no sincere are and actual work on their part makes a shitty end.
Having Danzo around, especially yours :-), longer would have probably been better.
DarkKing009 chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
lol
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
It's really sad when Danzo of all people sees what Sasuke's teammates refuse to acknowledge.
Captain Lycan chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Excellant characterization, honestly regarding Sasuke Danzo was absolutely correct on all fronts. To the old war hawk during his speech to the psyco Uchiha: "Itachi's truth means nothing to you, you only only want to burn down everything with your hatred." On the flipside I do recognize that Danzo is pretty much responsible for a third of the Naruto world's problems.

Honestly this story more fits the trope of "the extremist was right" or "Jerkass has a point"
Nelarun chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
See Danzo's one of those characters that makes me swing between admiration and pure loathing... Actually alot of characters Naruto make me do that... At any rate, this - the characterisation of Danzo and the story line - is pure brilliance. I was grinning the whole way through it (his comments regarding the kazekage and naruto and then the follow up with sasuke - pure gold!) I thought this was wonderfully characterised and realistically portrayed. Well done!

Nela
sambrooke chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I remember Danzo.

That was right around the time that Tobi was selling his lies about the Uchiha being oppressed and having been forced to live in a clan compound. That was also around the time that retarded Sasuke stopped being an avenger, because someone tells you he helped murder your family...and you trust everything he tells you? Not to mention that the Senju had never been mentioned before, and probably didn't have power anymore after the second ninja war, were suddenly evil. I really thought that Kishimoto wasn't really trying at that point.

And then we got Nagato's sob story. Come to think of it, that was the time that Kishimoto was desperately trying to make you believe (or not) that Konoha was evil.

Given all that, I would agree with the statement that Danzo was portrayed as evil. But that just doesn't make any sense. Danzo is a subversive element in a ninja village! He's got to have some sort of approval from the Hokage before Root was disbanded. Danzo, Koharu and Homaru were probably all very important when Hiruzen became Hokage; each having important duties assigned by Hiruzen.

As for Naruto. Well, there's a reason I make a distinction between "Naruto Part 1"...and "Naruto Part 2: Sasuke Shippuden". Naruto failed at everything(!) right until he defeated Kakuzu. And even after, it was all about Sasuke. That heart attack after confronting the Raikage was just absurd.

So it was GREAT to read how Danzo was the voice of reason. Naruto, on the other hand, was just hilarious.

THANKS.
dzk87 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
But Danzo ISN'T evil. He falls under the trope "Well Intentioned Extremist".
Alpenwolf chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
danzou will be evil and all ... even if he has a point ... you don't have to like people to agree with them P ... I am sure that there are some people out there who actually like danzou ... though I haven't seem so far
Deadzepplin chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Danzo is not as evil as you make seem to be if only for the ONE fact he THINKS he is doing the right thing
Aorana chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Danzo was right concerning Sasuke while Naruto and Sakura acted was smart of Naruto to send a clone to talk instead of going in person.
divad relffehs chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This story has an obvious flaw, Naruto is known to be an unparalled master of Kage Bunshin.
Noradin chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I see it like this:

Danzo is dangerous since often has a point. If he was no threat at all he would have almost no influence. The problem is not that he is in the wrong about identifying problems but in how he goes about to handle them. Its not like he wants to be evil either, but he doesn't think he can afford upholding morals.

Actually he (as well as the other counsilors) is very simmilar to Sarutobi in that he sets the greater good of many above the wellbeing of every single individual, but he is more extreme about it. Where Sarutobi sees "the people of Konoha (and sometimes the shinobi world)" as those he has to serve Danzo serves "Konoha"; where Sarutobi sees parts of Konoha he sees tools of Konoha. The councilors are somewhere in between I suppose.

There is a reason why the Uchiha massacre went the way it did and why Hizashi was sacrificed for the peace of the village.