Reviews for Chutes & Ladders
myshipsank chapter 19 . 3/11/2013
Adorable. I absolutely loved this. The whole thing.
SilentlySlaying chapter 19 . 2/24/2013
OK, so I may have been a little wide of the mark with my prediction. However the real story here is your misdeed. There's like a law against cliffhanger endings (Or if there's not, I'm sure someone somewhere can make one and apply it retroactively). :)

But seriously, I realize it was always more about Buffy and Faith than it was the mayor, and in that respect it wrapped up an alternative season three nicely. A pretty short and sudden ending (Not completely surprising seeing as you gave up on it for quite a while) in terms of the Mayor stuff, but it did still tie in nicely with the prom and graduation day, and the Buffy/Faith part of it felt complete. Not that I'd object to more, but I think that was a good place to leave them.

The story as a whole was fluid, and nobody ever seemed out of character. As I've probably already mentioned once or twice (but it's worth stressing), the dialogue was consistently really well done. You also get bonus points for making a good Wesley (As he doesn't seem to get much love) and Cordelia (Her interactions with Faith ended up being some of my favourite parts of this. I'd never really given consideration to them even so much as talking before, but you wrote their friendship in a highly amusing, slightly sweet, genuine way).

And, of course, the Buffy/Faith development was handled really well. The whole premise of using Faith's Cruciamentum to bring them closer was a great idea, and the pacing of their relationship was good - not too sudden that it felt out of nowhere. It often came across as them not quite being on the same page, usually due to fear or a lack of honest communication, but both of them wanting to work past that, which is how I see their relationship.

As for constructive criticism, there's really not much to complain about. At a stretch, I found some of the ways you refer to characters (E.g. Irishman, Guitarist, Older Watcher) a bit too “over the top”, but I think that's more of a pet peeve of mine than anything else. I know when writing it sometimes feels like you've overused a character's name. For me though, I just find that when reading I don't really notice that, whereas those sorts of descriptive terms can sometimes stand out a little too much.

Like I said though, not really a huge issue, and it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story. Of which there was plenty. So, awesome job. :)
Draenator chapter 19 . 2/18/2013
Liked it :)

Now, did the mayor use the body swap toy? Or did Mr. Finch pull an Angel-uses-W&H type trick… or get corrupted by working for Evil? The former's more likely but one of the latter would be so interesting…
SilentlySlaying chapter 17 . 2/17/2013
Tut tut Buffy, not listening to you mother. Still, technically Faith started it. It would have been harsh to turn her down - after all, she'd already had a pretty bad day.

Hmm. Two chapters left and Finch sneaking off somewhere. Do I sense an unhappy ending with Faith still ending up staking him? That would be sneaky. And mean.
SilentlySlaying chapter 15 . 2/10/2013
A 20 month break? Pfft. I'm surprised you still remembered your login details. :p

A paranoid Faith sounds ever so slightly disastrous, especially with her new worries over telling Joyce. That should go well then. ;)
SilentlySlaying chapter 14 . 12/22/2012
Nice insert of Faith into Buffy's past. Simple but effective. Laughed at her swatting the anointed one away, and by the "that wasn't right" line I thought bringing Buffy back was going to be more problematic than expected. Sneaky.

Ooh. And the mayor and Trick are up to something. Interesting. Didn't expect them to make an appearance.
SilentlySlaying chapter 12 . 12/16/2012
A cute and funny morning after scene. Their little faux fights make me smile.

And more amusing banter between Faith and Cordy. You should totally write a one-shot with nothing but them being bickering neighbours. :p
xtvaddictx chapter 19 . 11/30/2012
Awww; DUDE! Cliff-hanger? Come On! That is so not fair. You're going to do a sequel right? RIGHT? God; I hope so. This is the best Fuffy story I've ever read and one of the best BTVS stories I've ever read too. You should be very proud of yourself! I've really enjoyed reading this!
xtvaddictx chapter 16 . 11/30/2012
Oh. Such an Excellent chapter! I'm so into this story; and also I'm getting closer to the end... and I don't know what I'm going to do after I finish. It's such a good story. Ugh!
xtvaddictx chapter 14 . 11/30/2012
Wow. That chapter had me on my toes. I was seriously worried about if Faith was going to defeat the demon or if she was going to get trapped in the other dimension or be killed. Such a great chapter. So not okay with the Mayor being back though. Hated him when he was alive in the show and hate him when I have to read about him, but every good story needs a villain or two.
xtvaddictx chapter 13 . 11/30/2012
Another wonderful chapter. Quite sexy as well. You did a wonderful job as always. Reading on-
xtvaddictx chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
Umm... HOT! I hope we get some more of that in the next chapters ;) lol. I'm in love with this story. I know I keep telling you that, but hell everyone likes being blown up with reviews so why not?
xtvaddictx chapter 10 . 11/30/2012
Yay! New Years! Yay they are FINALLY together! Just YAY all together! I loved this chapter even more-so than I do the others!

YAY!
xtvaddictx chapter 9 . 11/30/2012
Uh... A demon baby? Interesting lol. It was funny how they fought over who held him and surprising that Faith knew what she was doing. I loved the chapter, like I love the rest but I wish they would just kiss and make up already! Geez! lol
xtvaddictx chapter 8 . 11/30/2012
Just want to say that I absolutely adore the way you portray all the characters; once again. It's like I'm sitting here actually watching the show happen right in front of my face. You write Cordelia so well too! I laughed nearly the whole chapter, until the Wesley part happened. I surely hope he can convince Faith to agree with the council. We all know what happens if she doesn't :/
146 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »