Reviews for Chutes & Ladders
Nayas-Wankys chapter 19 . 11/17/2012
oh my god this was amazing like seriously! I CAN"T BELIEVE ALL OF THIS! you're so talented and this piece of writing is just bloody brilliant and i just ugh. LOVED IT! 3
SilentlySlaying chapter 11 . 11/11/2012
That was a good blend of funny, sweet and awkward. Oh, and occasionally just a teensy bit wrong as well ("Bet Angel didn't make her moan like that."), which kinda made me snort a little.
SilentlySlaying chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
The Brachen baby made for some amusing interactions between Buffy and Faith. I think those two as a parental unit would be a guaranteed disaster from the beginning though. :p I thought for a moment Doyle was going to appear (Though why he'd be living in a cave in Sunnydale I have no idea...)

The Slayer flashbacks are cool, though that second one raised a bunch of questions which I guess won't get answered (Which is fine as it's not really the point of the scene – just left me curious about what was actually going on there).

That party game had a slightly unhealthy dose of cattiness, with Oz the only one managing to play nice, which is completely believable. So much baggage between them all. And it led smoothly to a nice scene between Buffy and Faith at the end. Your Faith thoughts on Buffy are always sweet. Ones like “It didn't sound so bad. Not when she had Buffy wrapped in her arms, grinning that cheesy little grin of hers.” They do a really good job of getting across Faith's affection.
SilentlySlaying chapter 8 . 10/7/2012
At first glance Cordelia/Faith is an odd choice for a friendship (Did they ever actually speak a direct word to each other in the show?), but you make it work really well. Probably something to do with the fact that the first conversation here is so wonderful. It's also a nice way of giving Faith an outlet.

“Still hating Wesley? Cordelia?”

Gasp! Banish the thought.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/2/2012
this chapter is amazingly brilliant, your depiction of the fragility of Faiths inner securities whilst being fed by a demon was absolutely intense and beautiful at the same time
SilentlySlaying chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
Sneaky curve ball at the start. I saw red-headed girl and I immediately thought Willow was in trouble.

Speaking of which, poor Willow. I didn't think about what her reaction to finding out about Buffy and Faith would be, but it made complete sense given that she already thought she was being replaced. Also, poor Faith, and poor Buffy to boot. That went downhill fast, and nobody had even been at the wine yet.

Brilliant idea for Faith's gift. I don't think we actually found out what she got Buffy or Joyce in the show, but it couldn't have been as awesome as Fangworth.

Hee. Giles and Wesley spending Christmas together. 3
SilentlySlaying chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
I like that Cordelia gets to be of use without losing any of her snark. That's always the best Cordelia, and you nailed it here. I think I smiled at every one of her comments, as well as the comebacks from Buffy and co.

That had to have been about the most poorly timed Happy Birthday ever from Buffy, though I'm sure their pre-Bronze capers made up for it. :)

And Wesley trying to take control... bless.
SilentlySlaying chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
“Dawn was just beginning to creep through the gossamer curtains”

Maybe it's because I've just started watching season five, but I don't think the image that flashed into my head was the intended one. Super-sleuth Dawn, sneaking in through the window to girls night, gravity be damned. :p

I really like your fight scenes. Two decent-lengthed ones in there, both of them interesting, and neither becoming repetitive.

And poor Buffy and Faith. Never quite on the same page.
smantella chapter 18 . 9/14/2012
This is such an interesting, well written story. The characterization & plot are both excellent, and I like the way you add in the supplementary relationships, eg the friendships with Cordelia & Wesley. You are very talented!
SilentlySlaying chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Good first chapter. Well written dialogue and description, and a nice basis for a story.

I liked Willow's awkwardness around Faith, and hah at Faith not needing any convincing to hit Buffy. At least she didn't aim for her face. :p
astarvingwriter chapter 19 . 7/17/2012
This is a great story! Will there be a sequel?
SpySkater chapter 19 . 6/19/2012
4:55. Figured I'd continue my late night tradition. *gasp* No you didn't end it like that! No way! Ugh! Oh, and I love the paranoia chapters. Those were so awesome! Buffy, Faith, and Joyce made those for me. Imagine if Sarah and Eliza had actually acted that. *sigh* I shall dream. Great story!
SpySkater chapter 15 . 6/18/2012
4:50 in the morning. Why do I always read this so late? Man, I love it. The whole past situation with Buffy was a very fun and interesting idea. And if course, her birthday is cursed. It had to happen. I still love the developing relationship between Faith and Cordy. Best friends, for real. I can't wait to see how the mayor plays into this! I'm almost caught up!
SpySkater chapter 10 . 6/3/2012
4:22am. I really should be sleep, but I kept saying, "one more chapter!" Finally! The Slayers have gotten something together. A very happy new year. And I have to say I LOVE the Cordy/Faith friendship. I think they could have gotten along in the series after Faith's rehabilitation. Glad you have that in here. And I also love that Cordy has been supportive of Faith/Buffy before anyone even knew something was going down. Hopefully I'll completely catch up soon.
Infinii chapter 13 . 6/2/2012