Reviews for The One You'll Know By
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Oh, roque. I'll never like John, but if I decide to change my mind, your story is likely to be one of the reasons why.
si-star-x chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This was awesome. I love the weechesters, they're so adorable. :)
Onari chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Hey there!

You know, I don't really do Wee!Chesters, but since it was you, I decided to give it a try and I thought I was awesome. Your style is stunning. I hope to read more from you soon!

L xx
Maz101 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Learning lessons the Winchester way ...from fractious kids to the guilty angst of parenthood to the fatherly moment - all great. Loved it.
TheKritty chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I dunno exactly why but this story brought tears into my eyes and my heart hurts for them,for the whole family...this story was amazing and blew me away...there was a time I wasn't so much into wee!chester but I read it more and more and this one ist one of my all-time-faves,if not my favourite! You captured them SO damn well,despite the fact that we don't know so muhc about wee!chester,you still got their characters right and I was relieved that John wasn't the mean!dad he is in some in my book he's (was) such a troubled character and is just a father who tried to be a good failed at that concerning some points,but still...he tried. You showed that in your story and the ideas you came up with...*sighs* Amazing.

And I also liked the fact,that the relationship between wee!sam and wee!dean wasn't so schmoopily perfect like in some other fanfictions -the were kids and kids do things like banter and going on father's nerves in the hot car and being really childish - but still, you brought the strong relationship and Dean's somewhat troubled phsyche into the story, and I really loved that (hope you understand what I meant...*lol*).

Loveloveloved this story,write more things like that! (And keep going with the driving'sverse *lol*)

Greetings from Germany,

Kritty
the revelators chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This is adorable and amazing as usual! You are so ridiculously good at writing Sam and Dean in character, even as kids. I think you do wee!chesters better than in the show.

Can't wait for more 3
Merisha chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
You are just spectacular roque :D - The best young Dean and Sammy story I have ever read :D ... you capture their lives so well, John's harshness under-toned with his constant concern for his boy's safety, and Dean trying to please. You totally lay the groundwork for the way the brothers interact with each other in present day situations.

Hugs and luv

Mish :D
Webster chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Fantastic. Just fantastic.
SimplyOut chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
That was a really nice story! The characters were so close to themselves and the plot was nice and cute! Seriously, good job :D
NongPradu chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Oh my God this was amazing. From start to finish it was word for word PERFECT!

I don't know how you do it, but you somehow manage to capture each of the Winchesters' voices and idiosyncrasies - even when it's such an early wee!chester fic - and make it feel so damned real I can practically touch them! The bickering was adorable and at the same time kind of painful because it felt too real. The heat, John's exhaustion, and the boys squabbling as boys are wont to do. It was so believable I felt like I was THERE in the car.

And then you had to go and just take everything up so many notches by adding the lesson of the laser tag. My heart broke into tiny little pieces when Dean got the breakdown of his mistakes, especially because it translated (at least in my mind) to poor little Dean as, "Throw yourself in front of danger to keep Sammy from getting hurt." And I imagine that's exactly how our desperate little 9 year-old would have interpreted that, too.

The bittersweet praise at the end was just the icing on the cake. John trying to bring the lightness back to Dean's eyes by giving him some much-needed and much-deserved praise.

I was back and forth between giggling and trying not to bawl while reading this.

Can't stress enough how much I loved it. Beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Well, I was ready to smack John upside the head for his post-game lecture, but you redeemed him a bit with his praising Dean's aim. *g* Bittersweet slice of growing up a Winchester...

Hee - loved the description of the boys as acting "like flea-ridden monkeys, hooting and whimpering and fidgeting and poking." Ah, yes, I remember those long car trips as a kid with my older sister beside me in the backseat...LOL!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
AI kind of like the w3ay John used the game to teach Dean a lesson about what could happen if he didn't watch out for his baby brother! Dean got the point, without them being put into a really dangerous situation.
494dwangel chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
loved it...brought out mixed feelings for john...felt like punchin him sometimes...n at the end he made it better...

felt like hugging dean...u can tell how much he craves the lov n approval of his dad...sammy pissed me off

beautifully written...
Trish62 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Well, once again, you've done it! Loved this. Loved sweet little Sammy, who says all the right things and yet you still want to ring his little neck. And Dean, gah, he reminds me of my oldest who literally did give up her last piece of candy to one of her sisters in a similar situation. So heartbreaking! And then John, really well written, saying and doing things that are so wrong, and yet - so right in his world. Another treasure!
Psychee chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This story was very touching because it made very clear in little (and big) ways how he lost his childhood: his mandate to sacrifice for and watch out for Sam and his inability to even enjoy a game because it became a life lesson.

You made it clear it was hard for John too, having to ask these things of his eldest (didn't keep him from it though).

Another excellent story.