Reviews for A Perfect Day
anlmoon chapter 5 . 2/7
very brilliant written love the all of it the emotion and sacrafice and saiyan talk. it was very in character and canon it explains goku behavior and having change. because if this is truly real i would definetly feel bad for goku's family.
nofcksgiven chapter 5 . 12/16/2015
I can't with Vegeta and Bulma, haha! They must have the best sex lives.

Love the story.
nofcksgiven chapter 4 . 12/16/2015
Well said, Vegeta.:) Goku's own friends kind of failed him. If they had reminded him that he had a family to take care of as much as they praised him, maybe Goku wouldn't be in the position that he's in. It's almost like they don't care what happens in his personal life as long as he saves the Earth, therefore saving them.
nofcksgiven chapter 3 . 12/16/2015
The argument between Bulma and 18 crack me up. And I loved the conversation between Goten and Piccolo as well as Goku, Gohan, and ChiChi. There was so much truth thrown at Goku and you would think he'd see the light and try to make amends with his family but once again, he's gone.:( But like his family, I'm also used to. I'm still hoping he left to think everything over and set his priorities straight.
nofcksgiven chapter 2 . 12/16/2015
You're an amazing writer. All the characters are spot on. You also wrote their emotions in a way that feels very real and believable. I absolutely loved little Bra defending her father; so cute! And I feel kind of sorry for the Son family.
nofcksgiven chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
Haha, loved Piccolo's reaction to Vegeta using Instant Transmission. Vegeta is such a jerk but he keeps it real so it's hard not to like him. I laughed when he piss Tien off.

I would hate this part of Goku where he acts like he doesn't have a family but I can't bc to me, he just wasn't meant to be a family man. If he didn't know what marriage was but did it anyway bc he made a promise, who's to say he didn't later on promised ChiChi children w/o really knowing the responsibilities that came with it? Gohan is lucky to have had Piccolo.
Keiri12 chapter 5 . 9/11/2015
I had mentioned before that I had immensely enjoyed Vegeta and Gohan's relationship along with the birds and the bees talk in the second volume in your triolgy (albit the praise came in the third's review) and just as I praised theirs, i'll also praise Vegeta and Goten's here. Even more so, I'll praise Vegeta's parental instincts and dedication to his family. Throughout your stories, you had crafted the loner prince into a wonderful. Yes, as trunks said Vegeta isn't exactly father of the year in the previous chapter but with all he has gone through, he is the person of the century for how far he has come along as a person.

The very fact that he was so selfless for someone not of his own flesh and blood, even the flesh and blood of his rival spoke volumes and seeing Goten's views on him along with how the elder treats him, it really is akin to being an uncle that borderlines on fatherhood it seems.

Goku's development near the end was also splendid, with the final confrontation between him and Vegeta being glorious... only, I would side with Vegeta in his rage at the dismissal of the draws between the two of them. Not because he is my favorite character in DBZ (how he was portrayed in the anime was horrid in my mind, your versions do him much more justice) but because when all things are considered he had won their first fight. A spirit bomb, a kama-waddawadda, along with everything else. It took fighter after fighter to bring him down, and even then the results had been so close.

Over all, it was a relaxing story that while it lacked the darkness of the first and second volume, the ranchyness of the third, this story did the same exact thing that all of your stories that I have so far had in common. Amazing character interactions, development, and splendid personalities that are far more flushed out than the action anime could ever do justice to. Even though there are several more stories of yours I have yet to read regarding these characters, I know that I shall come to the same feeling with a emptyness in me once I finish them all. It is the same one I would feel after finishing an amazing book. I felt it after reading Tolkien's books, terry brooks, and oh so many more. I can say without a doubt that you are my favorite author that I have read online (lost old account so this one is relatively new) and it is because of your skill alone in writing out these characters that I will be reading even the stories you wrote about fandoms I have never even heard of.

You have an intoxicating imagination, never let it fade away. Now, after staying up for roughly twenty eight hours, I am off to sleep and take some time before I dive into more of your works.
Jadedbest chapter 5 . 8/18/2015
I was rehashing a VERY old discussion with my brother about Goku's terrible parenting skills last week. This time the debate centered on who got the worst of his bad parenting: Gohan or Goten. I was strongly in the Goten camp in this particular debate. So, when the urge to read some DBZ fanfiction hit me after many years away from the practice, I decided I wanted to read something centered on Goten on that very subject. Now, I figured a Goten/Goku based ficcy would leave me feeling bereft of quality time with my beloved Saiyan Prince so I thought before I sought out new fics I'd go back to my favorite author and reread my favorite Vegeta moments in From Bad to Worse, Two Sides to a Story and A Dragonball Honeymoon to get my quick fix before diving back into this world. Imagine my shock when I scrolled through your page and discovered this little gem. It had everything I was looking for and more on this topic. As always your storytelling gave a wonderful mixture of humor (loved 18 and Bulma's argument and Bra's defense of Vegeta through her act on Goku...lol) and drama. As always, your Vegeta and Bulma are on point. I really enjoyed the way Goten is written in this fic and as the "firefighter" in my own family, I had a great appreciation for each of Gohan's scenes as well. The ending was absolutely heartwarming. As always, outstanding job Darke! Now, I am off to see what other nuggets I missed in my absence from fanfiction. :-) - JB
Hatred bear it Fangs chapter 5 . 2/27/2015
Wow man. This is truly beautiful. Like seriously... I am just glad Goku learned of his actions, but really I don't blame Goku. Even though he has a natural instinct for fighting as a full blooded saiyan, people seem to forget he was raised in the wild with his grandpa and when he died, he was alone. Having a family is a weird concept to Goku Still though I applause this fanfic. It's great.
Soul Jelly chapter 5 . 1/27/2015
I've reviewed before, in various guises, but I've returned to this fic a few times recently - it's such a solid, comforting story, like a warm blanket - and thought it deserved another review. One of my favourite fics of all time, without a doubt.
S.V. II chapter 5 . 12/11/2014
This was an adorable ficlit. Incredibly well thought out and well written. A story. Your penname sounds familiar- you must have other popular dbz stories. I will have to check em out. :)
Guest chapter 5 . 7/27/2014
amazing
very well written
i just love it
Marilu Moreno chapter 5 . 7/9/2014
Muy buena historia felicidades : )
Hive Queen To Harbinger chapter 4 . 2/22/2014
AC/DC is a total Saiyan band all the way.
Hive Queen To Harbinger chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Awesome. And keep being nice to Vegeta, for the love of God!