Reviews for The Doorstop
ShiggyDiggered chapter 28 . 10/24/2016
Yeah, the only thing keeping me reading now is sheer inertia. This was exactly what I was worried about. The pendulum has swung too far the opposite from all plans going right.
ShiggyDiggered chapter 13 . 10/24/2016
Reading this so far, you've got me worried it's going to go in the exact opposite direction it's inspiration went. With every plan failing and little details always fucking something up ceaselessly.
Abominatus674 chapter 56 . 6/17/2016
I found this to be a brilliant subversion of the Open Door. You took an ironically optimistic view of what could be done with power and knowledge and showed that every action has its price.

It was refreshing that you didn't really seem to have a preferred faction, with all taking massive hits and dishing them out. Even when something goes bad for one side, it's not immediately "they're fucked". Case in point, the first antispiral ship. It didn't immediately turn against the New Republic and lose them the battle, it lashed out at its immediate vicinity, which incidentally helped the Republic for a while.

Also, it always seemed weird to me that the Chaos gods in particular would just give up. It seems much more their MO to appear to hatch a plan to destroy their enemy at their detriment, just to use it as a chance to get a shot at round 2.

Mostly, thought, I'm frustrated. You came SO CLOSE to what could have been a true end, at least for this story. Although, now I'm just imagining various authors taking up this monumental story, to create this chain of uber-fanfic a of monumental proportions.
Destrark chapter 44 . 6/15/2016
It was at this moment, Chaos knew, it dun fucked up :)
Destrark chapter 10 . 6/15/2016
Hoo boy. Yep for all that Chaos is very good at subversion. Simon the Digger in Gurren Lagann and its upgrades is a ridiculously huge stick to swing with.
voidzzz chapter 56 . 9/10/2014
That cliffhanger! Ahh, good thing I've found this story , entertaining read.
Hypothetical Spiritual Entity chapter 56 . 4/30/2014
Damn you for writing this this awesome story and damn me for not finding it when I was less busy! Seriously, it made it very difficult to concentrate on my upcoming physics midterm. You have touched upon pretty much all my misgivings about Open Door, especially Chaos: the Family Friendly(ish) Edition. I particularly enjoyed how you seem to enjoy screwing everyone over and not just the antagonists. My only complaints are how the Federation and the New Republic didn't get more awesome moments, and how Nanoha didn't get to befriend the living crap out of a god yet. Both could happen pretty soon, from the looks of it. I look forward to whatever's next, I just hope it happens when I'm less busy.
KuroNeko00 chapter 15 . 12/11/2013
Regarding the Lieze twins' appearance in this chapter: You've been very good about the mechanics of the Nanoha verse so far, but you've missed (or are changing without explanation) something big here. The Lieze twins are familars, and familars are linked to their masters. When those masters die, they die as well. Since you stated Admiral Graham died, they should also be dead.
KuroNeko00 chapter 9 . 12/11/2013
Hmm... It seems the direction you're going in here is depicting the forces of Chaos as the bad guys. I'm not saying they're not, they obviously are. But The Open Door presented them as being the good guys, in spite of their methods. Going into this I was hoping for a fun romp through the multiverse kicking ass and not worrying too much about the names, much in the same vein as The Open Door. So far at least that doesn't seem to be your take on it. I'm not saying what I'm seeing here is bad, on the contrary, I'm enjoying it so far. I'll keep going with it. A lot more chapters to go before I hit the end. We'll see how it goes.
AckSed chapter 56 . 11/24/2013
I liked The Open Door quite a lot, so when I saw this AU recommended I pounced on it. Want to know my opinion, two days of solid reading later?

War. War never changes. Thanks to your fic, I understand this better than ever before - there's no glory, no cleanliness, no redemption, just people on both sides dying in an effort to overpower the other. You have crafted a compelling and fucking *harrowing* tale here, and you should feel proud. I liked the theme of reminding Chaos that you inevitably have to clean up after your parties in someone else's houses.
Astarael Darkrah Black chapter 22 . 8/18/2013
I'm sorry I'm just not able to go any farther than this. You have an awesome, epic plot but not only does this story have the problems of the original, it drags on forever without keeping my interest. But you are introducing new characters constantly and flipping through viewpoints so fast that I have no idea who is talking or which universe is being discussed. I don't know if you're trying to keep excitement up by doing so but it just doesn't work for me. That said, you are an excellent writer. I don't see the mistakes that would get me too disgusted with the story to finish. Its just that I'm more in the mood for the Valdemar series than War and Peace. Which is the only comparison I can come up with at the moment.
Sorry I don't have the mental energy at the moment to finish this.

Astarael Darkrah Black
kazekitsune666 chapter 26 . 6/17/2013
I tried. I really, really tried to read this fic from beginning to end... but i cant. Its f*ckin BORING! There is lack of that spark that made "Open doors" unique. I don't see Shinji and rest as a New Gods just CTRLC, CTRLV from Old Gods. In their interactions with others there is no flair, like Shinji f*king with you, and you know that he knows that you know... That convoluted schemes, that theatrics to other races. It lacs also this attitude from Chaos, this "Chaos f*ck Yeach!" and "We are Chaos so screw the rules!". In your fic it is so... orderly. Chaos must be evil, they cant have advanced tech because lack of infrastructure, and if something fails its like their favorite toy was taken away. K end of the rant. Really sorry man but your fic is not my cup of tea.
Jigoku no Yami chapter 56 . 5/14/2013
Just noticed you updated. I will have to re read this just to enjoy it properly.
Keep going. I love this. FOR CHAOS!
Guest chapter 10 . 5/9/2013
I don't like where YOUR story is going... you're going to hero hammer everything into a big giant win for goodness across a broad palette with lots and lots of cameos... and well.. fuck that. There's been a million of those.

Go TEAM EVIL. HAIL CHAOS! You corpse worshipping fluidic discharge from the ravaged thighs of a peace loving whore!
Korraganitar the NightShadow chapter 41 . 4/26/2013
Alright, this is where i will have to call it quits. Before i do that, I want to make it clear that i think this is a well done story. Well written, thoughtfully executed, everything. Its just that, when it comes down to it, this fic is entirely different that The Open Door. It is of an entirely different flavor, and is at its heart more of a Nanoha Fic than a follow up to Thousand Shinji. I have a bit to much attachment to the Asukhon who subjected herself to the same training as the assassin candidates, to the Tzintchi who cheerfully saw to it that Sunnydale's defenders would gain the skills to truly defeat their foes, to the Reigle and Mislatto who did right by their worshippers.

To put it plainly, i prefer New Chaos as the good guys of the fic, not the bad guys. Still good luck over all!