Reviews for The Book of Peter
jlcummins chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
O man, if he doesn't get a happy ending, I'll just pretend this is what really happens ;) This is lovely.
ahizelm chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Alright, Elle.

I'm gonna go ahead and request that you write some original slash, right now, please and thank you.

This was absolutely fantastic. I mean, as much as my little fanfic'er head needs 'Stangsper to be straight, everything about this one shot was perfectly done.

As soon as Peter said his crush dated girls, I felt bad for him, knowing he'd been pining for Jasper all this time. And Jasper's internal revelations were wonderfully done.

Sigh.

Now, back to my request: I totally get that posting slash is nerve wracking. Believe me. I think I avoided the computer for a full day when I posted the Ink Street. But this was wonderful, and if you were to write a chapter fic, I would read it. Promise.

Amazing work, as usual.
MeiSun chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This was wonderful!

I wouldn't mind if Jasper & Peter did hook up in the "real" SoaPM..since Bella seems to have run off to Edward, Jasper deserves his HEA, too... ;)

I love your characterisation of Peter as a strong, confident gay man. Yes, he has a crush on a seemingly unavailable man, but he doesn't let it destroy him.

Jasper is hot, and Peter is hot, and Jasper and Peter and their respective issues and emotions are fuckhot!

RedVelvetHeaven chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
First things first...*Channeling LVP* THIS IS AU THIS IS AU! AU AU AU! Ok...just trying to keep the lines from blurring...because DAMN ELLE! You totally caused some real moments of confusion for me. LOL I absolutely know that Jasper would NEVER...EVER do this. And really...I would not want that in SoaPM. But here...GAH! I truly enjoyed indulging in this little bit of fun! You also brought about some very real and very insightful moments here that I do think Jasper would say or think. And I would like to think that even though he is not going to have a relationship with Peter, that the next one he actually does decide to enter in to will bring about similar thoughts of protecting the person he cares for. Like when Jasper wondered this...

"I realized I was really, actually concerned about hurting Peter’s feelings and about doing everything I could to make sure that didn’t happen. Where the hell had this inclination been when I’d watched Bella crying in my driveway?"

You took a silly gchat convo and totally brought it to life. You are amazing and LVP should be proud that you took her peeps and did them serious justice :) Not to mention the fact that you made my girly parts tingle ;)

xoxoRed
6jenn6 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Holy Hell! that was just hot and "OMG what am I doing?" crazy!

Loved it! And your first fanfic, too! I will read anything else you come up with. You have talent.
nerac chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
“The end-all, be-all of massive fucking blow outs with the Rev. I think we broke up but I’m waiting to see if he gives me back my pin.”

OMG, *this* is totally something he would say, hahahaha.

“I’m gay. So, there’s probably no little lady in my future.”

*zomggaspsqueeOMG*

“Oh, wait... no pussy here, sorry.”

HAHAHAH.

I realized that I was actually, really and truly and fucking unbelievably, contemplating kissing Peter.

GUH.

“So, yeah, no thanks. I’d rather be the gay friend with a crush than nothing...”

Aww, Peter! :( :(

“I know you really fucking hate to not be in control of absolutely everything, but trust me, okay?”

OMG, I kinda like take-charge-sexy-Peter.

“Come on, Pete, come for me,” my newly gay... bi?... self whispered into his ear. I licked a line around the outside of his ear and then bit it gently. “Come for me.”

DED DED DED DED.

OMG, Elle... I loved it, seriously - LOVED IT... Probably more than I should because I know neither one of them are really gay, but damn wouldn't it be nice. :)

Thanks for writing this, you definitely cheered up a rather shitty day. :)
AccioBourbon chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Okay, this might get confusing. You wrote an AU one-shot for a story that is already AU. So, it’s like AU to the second power, right? Well, after reading this, despite the fact that he’s gay here in AU times 2 land, I find that I still love him. Still want him. So I guess this review is an AU for your SoaPM AU one-shot. Either that, or I just have a hard time letting go of my crushes. :-)

“You’re fucked up and don’t how to channel it except through your dick.” Exhibit A for why I love Peter and have, on several occasions, shamelessly begged for possession. It's not just that he's already grown up, it's that he has an amazing ability to cut right through the bullshit and deliver the truth. Your version of Peter clearly is the same way.

“Yes, Jasper, thanks for pointing out the utter ridiculousness of me having a crush on you, as if I hadn’t already contemplated the idiocy of it a million times. You, who fucks everything that walks as long as she’s fresh out of Driver’s Ed, and makes the most disparaging comments about shit you don’t understand, and is generally the biggest possible asshole. The irony is not lost on me, believe me.” And this would be Exhibit B.

Other random bits of wonderfulness:

“Try? You mean like chase him around and be nice to him and then ditch him once I’ve fucked him? That kind of try?” Really funny, in an ouch kinda way. Exhibit C, btw.

“How can you tell? No pink shirts or sweater vests?” Bwahaha.

“I’ve been like this for so long that I don’t even know where normal Jasper ends and fucked up Jasper begins.” So important. Sad, but promising at the same time.

“He really fucking did.” I love the gracefulness of a sentence that carries so much weight within its simplicity.

Great job, Elle!
AngstGoddess003 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Oh my h-h-hale. That was just... wow. So awesome. The kissing and the... the... good lord, the dry humping. GOOD LORD THE DRY HUMPING!

Just amazing.

Jaspeter love.

Thanks so very much for sharing. It made my entire night!
clairdeluneisgreat chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
this was awesome. I think you did a fantastic job writting LVP's Jasper. It would be f*cking sweet to see Jas and Pete end up together in SoaPM. *sighs* a h00r can dream right? Thank you so much for writting this, it really dose help with the Jasper/Bella heartfail.
imbatnan chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Hey, Ellie - I have to admit I've started Son of a Preacher Man a couple of times and couldn't get into it. It's not the writing, of course, the writing is great - I think it's J's penchant for the young-uns, and his whiny attitude, that puts me off. But this - THIS - is really yummy. So yummy, in fact, I'm gonna toddle back over and give the real thing another try. Your slash - esp the cherry popping kind - is all kinds of awesome. Please write some more?

PS: V. sorry that your FtLoJ "sample" story wasn't on the ballot. I guess it would be weird since you're running the contest, but it was the first one I looked for-it def deserved accolades! (as did LVP's, of course.)
algonquinrt chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Oh mah gah. Tell LVP to MAKE THIS HAPPEN. Guh.
Vendell chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
That was fuckin AWEsome. Bonus cause Jasper and Peter are my two favorites.

Peter is so sweet and caring and basically tells Jasper that he's worth it when Jasper tells him about what happened with the family.

I love that Jasper doesn't want to hurt him like he hurt Bella and actually gives Peter a chance.

Great job with this o/s!
justsayno chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
guh that was fucking hot!
BaconButt chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
So... get ready for my long-ass review. But I should warn you there's a reason why I suck at essay writing back in high school.

Congratulations on your first slash. Simply amazing!

Two sexiest Twilight characters... yum.'nuff said.

Peter's just so damn lovable and sweet.

Plus your visual just made him so fucking sexy.

And your interpretation of SoaPM's Jasper is fantastic.

There's lots of great lines out there but this one stands out the most to me:

"It was like humping a pole in a bus or... another guy’s dick."

Wow... Peter must be really well-endowed for his dick to be compared to a bus pole.

I should restrain myself from trying that out on the bus to see if the analogy is indeed correct.

Okay, I tried. I really suck at this.

Long story short, I loved it!

Hope you write more.
Domward's Mistress chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Okay, so I have never read SoaPM or read anything even. I dont even know what it's about. But I do know that this was fucking hot!

Really, really fucking hot.

Any chance you might do a full blown Jasper/Peter fic with your own characters?
65 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »