Reviews for Building Blocks
Thaddeus MacChuzzlewit chapter 1 . 1/6
I really enjoyed reading this story. My family has never split their handicrafts along traditional gender lines, so I empathise with Newkirk's predicament. You do a lovely job of showcasing some of Carter and Hogan's best qualities. Hogan is able to appreciate skill, no matter how unorthodox it is, and Carter's awe over the quilt must have been gratifying for Newkirk. My favourite part is definitely the bit when Hogan recognises the quilt in his sleep, and can finally relax. The 'Thanks, Mom.' just made it even better!
katbybee chapter 1 . 10/12/2016
I love this! I have done some quilting, and I know it, as well as all needlecrafts are much mre popular with men now. My father used to do Indian loom beading and calligraphy. On the show, Carter knitted. (Sort. of! lol!)
Spirit Seer chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
This is really sweet and very creative. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the great read!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Love the quilting story. I've heard of this as well.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Loved the story! My own brothers knit - though not in public (they would probably be embarrassed too), so I can certainly see why Newkirk was a bit reluctant to display his talent in public until it was needed. Thanks for writing and posting!
tlcroft chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Nice little story about quilting that I can appreciate since my Dad's a quilter-he quilted all his hunting gear when he coouldn't find anything in the stores that was big enough. (Dad's a 6X and they just don't make outdoor gear that big that isn't expensive as heck or shoddy made.) He even finished one of my grandma's (his mother-in-law) quilts after we lost her.
superdupasupasta chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
that is amazing

GREAT JOB KEEP WRITING PLEASE
nancy2421 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
love this story, short and sweet!
arvana chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Very nice!

I think your stories actually improve Hogan's Heroes for me!

Keep up the good work!
ShakNali chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This was very good. I liked how you set up Newkirk's talent for the sewing he did on the show.
halfcent chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
very cool. I never had any idea that quiliting could have such a history, or that it was more common for British men to do it. And the story was great, too, lol. I've been wanting to learn to quilt for the longest time; maybe this will be my inspiration.
Linda G chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was a nice piece. Thanks for sharing a bit of history with us with a nice little scene to boot.

Cheers
snooky chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.
konarciq chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
"Thanks Mum." Love it!
dart53 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Nice little bit of history to 'sticth' in to the HH series. My favorite part was Hogan feeling the pattern and thinking he was home. Very nice.

dale