Reviews for Building Blocks
Spirit Seer chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
This is really sweet and very creative. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the great read!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Love the quilting story. I've heard of this as well.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Loved the story! My own brothers knit - though not in public (they would probably be embarrassed too), so I can certainly see why Newkirk was a bit reluctant to display his talent in public until it was needed. Thanks for writing and posting!
tlcroft chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Nice little story about quilting that I can appreciate since my Dad's a quilter-he quilted all his hunting gear when he coouldn't find anything in the stores that was big enough. (Dad's a 6X and they just don't make outdoor gear that big that isn't expensive as heck or shoddy made.) He even finished one of my grandma's (his mother-in-law) quilts after we lost her.
superdupasupasta chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
that is amazing

nancy2421 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
love this story, short and sweet!
arvana chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Very nice!

I think your stories actually improve Hogan's Heroes for me!

Keep up the good work!
ShakNali chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This was very good. I liked how you set up Newkirk's talent for the sewing he did on the show.
halfcent chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
very cool. I never had any idea that quiliting could have such a history, or that it was more common for British men to do it. And the story was great, too, lol. I've been wanting to learn to quilt for the longest time; maybe this will be my inspiration.
Linda G chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was a nice piece. Thanks for sharing a bit of history with us with a nice little scene to boot.

snooky chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.
konarciq chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
"Thanks Mum." Love it!
dart53 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Nice little bit of history to 'sticth' in to the HH series. My favorite part was Hogan feeling the pattern and thinking he was home. Very nice.

Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
That was a very nice story! I can understand why Newkirk wanted to hide it at first, and I loved how the men reacted with praise when they found out. And of course, I really loved it that he gave it to Hogan when the colonel needed it most. I could definitely see Newkirk's talent coming in handy for the operation. Oh, and I found the info you provided at the end very interesting. Great story, and very well-written. Thanks for sharing!
Lizzi0307 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
That was a really cute and touching story! I loved it! C: