Reviews for Perception
casammy chapter 4 . 7/27/2011
Often I have been annoyed by that they all seem to blame sam of everything does evil, when vociferously he wanted his big bro his reasons to listen and to understand it and it to help, but dean on having returned of the hell was not even the shade and with his way of acting it was pushing sammy to ruby's arms, thankfully the uncle bobby was there for them, I remember when sam was with ruby and bobby said that it was to seeking and taking sammy of return to cas and there he was a dean again shouting and sam does not work this way, at end it is good that the old uncle bobby always can make enter reason to our adorable children who can be so hard heads when they want
wcfan chapter 4 . 6/2/2011
Sam is being tortured by this whole Dean-isn't-trusting-me thing. I can't really blame Dean after what Sam did but there's only so many times that Sam can ever apologize. It's not gonna change the facts that Dean would only trust Sam when he's ready. It's what people do to protect themselves. And to be betrayed by those you're closest to is the worst feeling ever.

Oh...If they only knew what was coming...this would be solved in an instant...
winchestersunited chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
If anyone knows how to take their lumps it Sam, he did wrong, he admitted to his mistakes and then he set about redeeming himself. To be a man and a good man is not to not make mistakes but to admit when you are wrong and make amends for those mistakes. Sam proved in season 5 that he is a good man, taking on responsibility for his actions shouldering blame that wasn't all his to shoulder and doing what was necessary to correct hi mistakes, quite simply he grew up.

In POINT OF NO RETURN Sam admits to being wrong about all the times he ran away, I never felt he was wrong in leaving for Stanford or going to search for his father in season 1 or searching or the other special kids in season, I think its more the manner in which he left that caused hurt. Sam has learnt that he cant run away from his problems we saw it in season 5 after finding out that he is Lucifer's vessel in FTBYAM and reuniting with Dean he seemed to have decided that he could've keep running away when things got hard. By the time PONR rolled around he was well the lesson was well and truly learnt and he ended up setting the example and saving his brother so he could save himself. Another example would be season 6 since Sam got his soul back he has been incredibly strong and frankly awesome not shirking responsibility and not running away or giving up when it would be the easier and safer option for him. I admire him for that.

Like I said before I think season 5 dealt with a lot of issues with the brothers as brothers and as individuals particularly Sam, he grew up a lot albeit off screen. I'm quite looking forward to seeing Sam's journey for the rest of the season-I think we all know where he's headed but Sam is strong and amazing and has shown he can get through anything so I'm confident he'll be fine.

Very interesting fic and very thought provoking.
Zyanya chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Great to know it, Bobby is always awesome with the boys...and you didi a relly good job, I could picture everything .) Thanks
babyreaper chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
OH NO! Thats the end? It was a great chapter and a great ending, them kinda getting back on the same page but, is there going to be any more? A sequel? Is their relationship strong enough to cope with all the up's and down's, or will it break down again. Loved it. Everyone should have a Bobby to unload on. Thanks..
angeleyenc chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
I loved it!
wcfan chapter 3 . 4/7/2011
They're lucky that they have Bobby. He's the only one who can explain anything to them (although being an honarary Winchester, he has his moments of stupidity).

Guess Dean's gonna learn to let go, huh? It isn't going to be easy. After 30 years of acting one way, it's gonna be hard to let go of pure instinct.

Btw, you probably should change the summary for this story.
Meggin Lane chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
And Bobby forgot to say to Dean, "Did I leave you? Have you ever dropped in to Singers Salvage yard and found out it was under new management, and I'd left no forwarding address?" And that's when he'd walk up to Dean wrap his big arms around him and give him a bear hug and tell him, "that there's times he really is an idjit, coz family don't ever leave you even if they go away temporarily physically they are always with you in your heart."

It seemed like the elephant in the room.-hehe.

I love the way Dean sought out Bobby's advice and I loved how Bobby knew the dance they'd have to go through first before Dean got to asking him the real questions on his mind. Great installment, I look forward to Sam's interaction.
driver picks the music chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
I love Bobby and his special Bobby powers lol. He's totally right with both of them. Sam needs to let Dean know that no matter what, he loves him, and Dean to let Sam grow up.
Queen Bee chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
Wow, Sam can be such a self-centered little brat. I was personally disgusted with the heartless way both Sam AND Bobby treated Dean on the show. And I have to agree with other reviewers that four months of mourning in no way compares to forty years in Hell. And for someone who was so desperate to be treated like a grown-up, Sam could act like a foot-stomping kid that wanted his way quite a bit. Besides, treating someone like a grown-up hardly means letting someone you care about run about doing dangerous, life-threatening things. I hardly think that having an older sibling that looks out for you is a reason to run off with the very type of creature that murdered everyone that Sam had ever loved. The very type of creature that tortured his brother in hell. Sam had no compassion for his brother's ordeal, he actually seemed to be contemptuous of his 'weakness'. Wow, what if people treated surviving POW's like that? He wasn't there for his brother at all and after the terrible things that he did he still expected to be trusted and treated like an equal. I strongly disliked Sam's behavior during seasons four and five, which I believe we were meant to. My guess has always been that the fact that he was tainted with demon blood as an infant had an effect on his decision-making skills. I will say that I am very much enjoying Season Six, resouled Sam. This is the sweet young man that I think he was meant to be, before being fed demon blood and being manipulated.

I've got to say you did a very good job with this. If you can have so many reviewers feeling so many conflicting emotions then you are writing a damn good story!
winchestersunited chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
Sam never threw Dean's breaking of the first seal in Dean's face-just for the record. In your story you have him make the point to Bobby but truth is Sam accepted full responsibility for the starting of the apocalypse so that bit was out of character and not in line with cannon but the rest was fine.

Good point-Dean bosses Sam around, treats him like a kid and keeps him on a short leash because he's afraid Sam will leave? I never really thought of it like that but yeah I totally see that as being a reason for Dean, not the only reason but a very valid one none the less. I always felt that the more someone tries to hang on to Sam the more likely he is to run-he has control issues-by loosening the reigns I think am would be less likely to do so.

This is an interesting fic though I don't think old issues from a few seasons ago really need to be brought up again given that they have been dealt with. Sam and Dean are in a really good place right now.
winchestersunited chapter 2 . 4/6/2011
Sam had lots of reasons for choosing Ruby and drinking demon blood all very valid in their own way and YES one of them was to get away from Dean's smothering ways. I don't think Sam was wrong in telling Dean the truth about that just as he wasn't wrong to admit he missed the power the blood gave him in 'GGY'. Facing up to the truth of your decisions and mistakes is the hardest thing anyone can do and Sam did it.

Both his reasons in the fic here are true and valid and can both be reasons at the same time, it's not a case of one or the other its actually both.

I agree that Dean does need Sam to be the little brother and he especially did in season 4, but truth of the matter is Sam is his own person too and if Dean can blame Sam and hold him accountable for his decisions and mistakes then that means he regards Sam as an adult and can treat him like one.

I like that the issues with the brothers were exposed so clearly in seasons 4 and 5, I think the boys are in a much better place now with each other. Dean has excepted Sam as an equal and Sam has excepted that he needs to regard Dean's feelings about things as well as his own.

One complaint-Bobby makes Dean sound like a little kid,Dean is anything but defenceless.

Dean was hurting when he got out of hell and I think he mainly suffered because of the torturing he did rather than the torture he endured. He spent a lot of season 4 pushing Sam away and Sam willing allowed him to because he couldn't understand what Dean was going through and I think he just wanted Dean to be Dean, be his big brother. I feel he couldn't handle the fact that Dean came back broken because his big brother Dean to him was unbreakable. They were both very much guilty of not being there for each other and not listening to each other in season 4.
winchestersunited chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
WOW Dean sounds like a self centred whiny bitch here. I absolutely agree with Bobby, Dean does tend to fall into the trap of self pity quite often.
terrilynn62 chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
We should all have a "Bobby" in our lives!
babyreaper chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
What would these guys do without Bobby? This second part of your story does seem to show that Sam is aware of what he's done, and that he is genuinely sorry for it, but he seems to have so many different reasons for actually leaving Dean and going with Ruby. I liked it. Thanks