Reviews for Home
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I really liked this story and am glad that Arbron is finally getting some attention. I'm not really sure why you labeled it AU, though, since it seems pretty canon compliant.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Arbron is one of those characters who just does't get enough love by canon, so it's great to see more from his thoughts on the others and the remaining Taxxons avenging him in the best way they can. Nice job!
Tobias Mason Park chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
This was an incredible story. I loved the word choice, and I think you've set it up well.
HotPinkCoffee chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I'm very glad someone wrote this story, as it gives us both a snapshot of Arbron and of the post-war Taxxons. I feel like you set up the scenario very realistically and interestingly, especially with the Taxxons protecting each other and seeking help. Good job!

I do wish we'd gotten to see a bit more of Arbron's pride in the Taxxons, as he seems to have wholeheartedly adopted them as his people by the end of the series, but other than that, I feel like you nailed it. Especially Arbron's surprise that it's Alloran, not Elfangor who is the last survivor of the trio.
DinosaurNothlit chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I really liked this story. Arbron needed something more than "Oh, a poacher or something shot him."

I liked how you describe death for him as 'going home.' I think that's a very appropriate and fitting metaphor, after all he's been through.

I also liked that you killed off the sick bastards who shot him. :D
AniJen21 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
aww I really like this :')

I actually really hated the way Arbron was handled in the last book-the line was literally something like "oh by the way Arbron was killed by poachers and everyone was super pissed about it"-so the fact that you went a little more in depth was more than deserved. Thanks for exploring this.

There are a couple of just little things-I don't think Alloran confessed his involvement with the Quantum Virus until after Arbron had been abandoned, and I mean I'm sure he knew by this point that Alloran had become Visser Three, but they were long gone from the Taxxon Homeworld when that happened. All just niggling little timeline stuff, though.

I really like how all the Anaconda nothlits still look to him as their commander, and I'm really glad you portrayed them as sentient and organized. By the end of the series the Taxxons were kind of uncivilized and I really hated that. I think the real tragedy with the Taxxons is that they were intelligent, just so overcome by hunger and addiction that they couldn't get anything substantial done, and they were suffering so greatly that they were willing to surrender their free will, the one thing that no one should ever have to give up.

In fact, the Taxxon Chronicles is one of the things I'm most angry that we never got out of the series, so if an exploration of how Arbron became their leader and got from the Taxxon Homeworld to Earth and convinced them to trust Jake is something you're interested in writing, I'll definitely read it. Thanks for writing this :)