Reviews for Earplugs
cats-tale chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I've never read any Reginald Hill books and I rarely watch the TV show these days, but I can appreciate that there is something oddly attractive about Dalziel. I think it's the fact that he is so confident that he really doesn't give a toss what anyone thinks of him - hm, does that remind you of another character at all? ;-)

I loved this. I particularly loved your use of language; it's languid and sleepy, and perfect for inducing that feeling of half waking, dozing sleep. I also love the way that you portray their relationship;independent and yet very much together.

The ending made me smile. What a nice way to try and go back to sleep.
skywise012000 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I've never seen Dalziel & Pascoe, mainly because I can't stand one of the blokes who stars in it. I read this simply because it was you what wrote it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it - a great little study of real love where you stay with your other half even though you know he's not perfect - you accept his flaws because they're a part of him.

Beautifully written - and it might even get me to watch a re-run or two :)
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
First of all, I have to tell you that the advertisement I saw at the bottom of the page as I finished reading was for a device for treating sleep apnea! They really do pay attention to the themes of our fanfic.

In any event, this was a very droll, pleasing story, and I ended with a grin on my face, as Cap no doubt did as well.