Reviews for Ruse
Stardiouses chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Awwh, I feel so bad for Azula :(
Mushroom chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This caused me to tear up a little. My eyes watered. I'm absolutely serious. I didn't cry at the end of Sozin's Comet. I had a melancholy frown and look in my eyes when I realized what happened to Azula in the show. When I read this, my eyes watered and I did not fight it.
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I'm surprised she didn't go berserk at Zuzu's mention of the four letter word. XD
BlackLioness chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
This was great, your writing style is good and Zuko and Azula were both in character. Very nice!
Moonlit Wave chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
this was so "aww"-some 3
xlollx chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
I'm seriously begging you to do another chapter this is a great fic you have made it so realistic and captured azulas personality and reactions. Very very descriptive and the best story I have read in a long time very well done if you do another chapter please tell me :) adding this one to my faves ;) xx
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
... Aww.

... How sad...
GundamGreg chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Absolutely heart-wrenching.

I could easily see Zuko trying so hard to make Azula come around like this. You put just the right amount of emotion into your writing.
Rasberry Parfait chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Wow...this is intense. I almost started crying at the end. I don't cry at a lot of things, but this is...wow.
AlterEgoSadist chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
This was very well-done. You captured Azula's personality down pat...Not many people can do that. Color me impressed. This was scarily introspective: Azula finally realizes the balance in power (the power she never quite had, sadly), how the scales tipped in her brother's favor...And all because he did one little good deed. My, how shocking that must have been for her to know, during their final Agni Kai.

I loved the way you deemed Azula's purpose: Many authors simply write her off as "clinically insane" (as do most of the characters do in ATLA, unfortunately), but you actually put thought into this and for once, allowed the audience to see life through her eyes, how cruel it actually is. Because, damn it, she KNOWS that people will betray you eventually, that not everyone is goody-goody, and will stab you in the back. The poor child must have had a horrible time, going through her childhood with this concept in mind. But it served her greatly, even if it did land her in prison. No one can blame her for her condition. She just saw the truth, whilst everyone else was blind to it.

Zuko's changed quite a lot since his princely days (It's amazing he doesn't go insane, what with his countless duties as Fire Lord, heh). I liked his calm demeanor. It really shows how the switch in authority affects each of them.

You also did a wonderful job with setting the scene: Your descriptive words made the entire drabble captivating, and quite entertaining to read. Overall, a beautiful piece, nicely composed. Keep up the awesome work, alright? You're a brilliant author!
attackfishscales chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Wow, I should probably stop reading fics that make me cry. This hurt, I mean really hurt (in a good way of course) watching Azula and Zuko interact with the power dynamics reversed so dramatically. Oddly, in her own twisted way, it almost seems like Azula is trying to help him, advising him to view a court that has always been hostile just under the surface to her as dangerous. She must hate that he doesn't have to follow that advice.
Aristeia chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
This was extremely well written. I was most impressed with your take on Azula. I haven't written about her (yet) and I can just tell that she's one of the more difficult characters to emulate. Fantastic job!
edised chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
we see that azula is tierd of being strong
I-love-random-internet-stories chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was so good! Really sad and beautiful. The descriptions, both of the scenery, and of the characters, were great, and both Zuko and Azula seemed in character...it's so sad how she's so messed up! :( the end was very sweet
Matt Thermo chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Wow, great job. You nailed the emotions between these two perfectly. You also got Azula down perfectly. A great mix of her intelligence and insanity. Will this be ongoing?