Reviews for Before Dawn
WitchGirl chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
That was really intense. I'm still not sure what to make of the piece, but I like that it never fully explained exactly what was going on. I have... some guesses, which I'm afraid to hazard. I think I'd rather just wonder. "The cadence of his last breath"... a death rattle, I imagine, could sound like a creature slithering and crawling. Also like the episodic details you included (Spark of Life, KKBB, Labrats, etc). The tension really mounted. I loved the description of the shadow creature, very vivid, and I could see it, or rather NOT see it, see the space it left behind, see the thoughts it sparked in Greg...

Wow, anyways. Love CSI horror. Not nearly enough of it. Perhaps because it's so hard to write. Thanks for the trip, truly appreciate it. Cheers!
635589793238 chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
awwww this is so freaky! i really want to know more, but im quite sure this is a oneshot. this is rlly gonna play on my mind - u sure know how to create an stmosphere.
OurThirteenSenses chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
This is absolutely terrifying! You manage to ratchet up the suspense to such a degree, that I had to physically stop myself from checking to see if anything was behind me!

Or, perhaps I'm just a scaredy-cat. Kudos to you though, it's not often that people can write so vividly. Well done!
GrimGregg chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
*Shivers* Very dark, and spooky, but a brilliant read. Poor, poor Greg, I don't want you to die either!