Reviews for New Lamps for Old – Death is but a Doorway
a-d Pilot chapter 1 . 2/13
Ah, you're using Tsunade's line from Author Laryna6's story "Uchibi Sasuke," "My boobs give me super-strength!"
KrisB-71854 chapter 3 . 12/12/2014
I love Kodachi getting to play with both Ranko and Ranma.

I like the cute childish Miss Hinako bonding. Naruto always played well with kids. They'll get along fine.

It was rather interesting reading about the scout clones.

The adventures as a mau and raven were rather fun to read.

If I had to guess, you turned Ranma into a Kitsune and put him, Ranko and Kodachi into another world.

Well, if the game holds true they won't be coming back until others play that game as well. I actually liked all that until the end there. I had liked how everything was working out. Now, the three are either on another world, time stopped, or in fantasy adventure until some one else releases them.

Oddly, you could have Kodachi's lost/misplaced mom be a part of the game as well. It could explain why their family is usually so messed up. The Prinpcial Kuno lost his wife to the game while gaining some unwanted additions. Explans Wannabe Samura Kuno as well...

Now, you just need Sasuke to basically have observed it and lead everyone interested into an attempt to rescue them. I'd actually more interested in Kasumi and Nodoka going along to rescue them. Shampoo and Ucchan we know have skills and could do it, but really? Nah they don't need to bond with them.

I'd also be curious on seeing a clone guide Hotaru and Ami along as well.
KrisB-71854 chapter 2 . 12/12/2014
This is great. I like seeing the more adult and mature minded Kasumi. I like the expanded Dr. Tofu thing happening because of her, but applying to all attractive females.

That sounds like he has a mental disorder and not really in love with her this time around. I'd have to say that I can actually support his mom setting him up with some one to both get him married and hopefully break out of that mental disorder.

I like how things have gone with Akane this time around. She is out of the running. I can actually see Sasuke supporting this Ranma. He wants to do the friendship bit first with the Kuno girl so that'll work and might tame her a bit.

I like just his professional interactions. I like him training Ryoga as a body guard for Akane and pretty much explaining that she has broken the engagement. If Rygoa works it through, he will now have more of shot with her. Ryoga will just figure that Genma took Ranma through some legendary ninja clan and got him properly trained up at one point in the past. Obviously they were much better about protecting their secrets and even memory though than Genma ever released and likely got Ranma to swear on his honor and its only because he has forgotten something that he is revealing so much. That makes the most sense.

Ukyou will do far better with him than Akane will. That's just sort of a given. She won't take advantage of the situation, but will spend time and likely kiss and hug him. Ravishment? Nah that might feel too much like taking advantage.

Shampoo will be the odd one out. Cologne will know that the clone tech isn't hers. She will all for Shampoo spending time with a willing Ranma. Her task will rightly be keeping Mouse from interrupting things. This is oddly Shampoo's best shot.

I'm curious if Nabiki or Kasumi will want to step up for the Tendo engagement now?
KrisB-71854 chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
This is rather interesting setup. I though it was Naruto miss IDed as Ranma to start with. You know the mere side effects of this one could be rather interesting. Most of what I've read, I'd believe the fox was tied/sealed by/with Naruto's soul. I'd think that if you stuffed Naruto into Ranma, the fox would have been dragged along...

If so, the Moon Healing could have had some rather positive healing effects for him actually killing off the fox as well as the ID memory loss.

I'd love a few more chapters of this concept. Ranma over reacts a lot. I'd love for Naruto to do his own thing. I liked the setup for him teaching Hotaru out to heal. I think that they make a cute pairing.

Oddly, Naruto might not actually have anything against harem life styles. With as many CRA fics as their have been, I'm sure that he was aware of the concept an practice.
phantomzeke chapter 3 . 11/15/2014
You...what is with you and the number 3? Nearly everything that ends up like this ends on chapter 3!
Guest chapter 3 . 9/28/2014
to be technical, foxes are canines, like dogs and wolves and jackals and dingos. Canine is not only domesticated dogs.
shogun005 chapter 3 . 9/25/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
goddessa39 chapter 3 . 9/24/2014
...why? Why isn't there more of this? *cries* its so fun and the Jumanji Magicka game left us on a cliffie.
Malix2 chapter 3 . 4/15/2014
Another winning story. I have yet to read a single one of your stories that isn't good.
TimberlineWolf chapter 3 . 3/31/2014
this is awsome!
are you going to finish it?, or any of your others?
i've only read 'boy in the hand' and 'play it again', but those were still hilariously epic! i'd love to see them finished
fellow chapter 3 . 3/25/2014
Awesome story so far.
Beer is food chapter 3 . 3/8/2014
It is fun reading this story, but the last chapter is kinda confusing.
I hope you write another chapter soon.
Sdarian chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
The magic board game has a lot of potential, but I've never really come across anything that does much with it. A couple of stories here and there use it but they are pretty much universally short and unfinished. It's too bad, as the few that are longer are usually fun reads. Even this one could be pretty easily made into a crossover story where Both Ranma's and Kodachi end up in whatever random universe, because this game sent them there. And given the wording, they can come back to this world after whatever adventure they run into (probably the main storyline of the world they enter, or at least a major story arc) is over. Could probably make a full series out of it, enter one world from the game, come back with extra loot and experience and play the game again to go on the next story's adventure.
lolboblord chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
please update this when the inspiration strikes you
SleepyMangaHead chapter 3 . 1/23/2014
Oh my god! They were totally playing Jumangi.