Reviews for The Bonds of Blood
Ranma-sensei chapter 52 . 4/10
After reading your fanfic, I really don't see why people think that the second half of your story sucks; you are mindful to not give the Potters super-awesome-curb-stomp-powers, but instead show that while they CAN brute-force some problems by virtue of sheer power, others are beyond their skill entirely. Not to mention how dangerously genre-savvy Voldemort acts most of the time.

That being said, the story shows the break-neck speed, with which you published; though written well and obviously run through an automated spell-check, it is still partially riddled with typos and confused words.

Finally, one scene really bugged me: why did the Dementors, who had previously left Hogwarts, suddenly come back for Ginny's soul. Yes, I realize it was a delectable treat that they could taste for miles, but the scene doesn't really bring across why suddenly there are Dementors in Hogsmeade, making that scene seem somewhat forced in order to establish the next phase or Harry and Ginny's soul bond.

All those nitpicks aside, though, I feel richer for having read this story.

May you be ever vigilant,
Ranma-sensei
HalleyJoe chapter 52 . 3/30
Loved this story :)
feathers chapter 34 . 3/19
I've been slogging through this fic cuz it's really a nice, relatively well-written fic, and those can be hard to find, but this. Is. So. Freaking. Awkward.
Daerwyn chapter 52 . 3/15
Simply beautiful!
faltrock chapter 52 . 3/12
Meh.

The beginning was interesting, a little angsty for my taste but I warmed up to it. The privacy issues were a good
angle but I would have liked for more identity crises. Molly was disgusting. After bringing Harry back, the whole
story with the Flamels was acceptable but not great. I mean, the Philosopher's Stone NOT having the usual use of
being the source of the Elixir of Life is kind of.. interesting, your explanations for how the "rebirth" works is lacking
though. How do they get a new body? Or do they recycle the same? Do they grow old and die, to be "born again"?
The whole plot with Voldemort was too much like canon for me. When you had the 4th year plot killed in its infancy
I somehow expected differently. From the death of the Amelia and Susan I started to only skim the chapters for
interesting bits about Harry and Ginny. In the end I hoped for some more info about the bond's long-term effects
after centuries. Given how you let them just slide into parenthood without much trouble, I should have guessed.
Post this book on They would love it, they thrive on this sort of thing!
KingRider6911 chapter 52 . 3/7
Remarkable story. i must admit that i was thrown off when James was taken but other then that i must say that out of all the soul bond stories i have read this is one of the most remarkable one out there. This story is truly a one of a kind. I really enjoyed reading it!
Awesomizer123 chapter 33 . 2/15
OHH MY FUCKIN GODS I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO PUT IT INTO WORDS! You should become an author one day. Like a true, proper, real life author like JK. This has to be the best fanfiction i have ever had the immense pleasure of reading. Thank u for that.
Cool idea
Well executed
Ending could use more detail and could be explained better for example the whole lineage part with nieces and grand children was not detailed enough, it has to be longer if you are introducing big ideas or else the story appears to lack details
All in all , good
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 52 . 2/16
It is a bit bittersweet, and yet a very satisfying story. I really liked the twist on he philosophers stone.
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 43 . 2/16
Having only the movies to go by, I know that there are a lot of characters I really only know through fan fiction. And next to Daphne Greengrass, you have killed off one of my favorite minor characters, when you killed off Susan Bones. Chapters 42 and 43 have really been a shock. I did not see those deaths coming.
AhumbleHalofan chapter 52 . 2/13
I loved your story from beginning to end. Nothing else to really say. I'm happy to add this to my list of favorites.
GinevraMollyWeaslyPotter chapter 37 . 1/25
But Daaarrrrth Marrs I wanted to see her pregnant
xvector chapter 52 . 1/7
A great, great story. I love it.

Not over-the-top happy no-one-dies and completely OP soulbond with god-characters, but it's not like some of the other angst stories on here which involve stupid things like permanent loss of magic, limbs, useless soul bonds, etc.

I wish you were a bit heavier on the romance. No, not the sex, but the romance itself. I know you categorized the story as Drama/Angst but romance can go a long way in adding depth to characters, especially in fanfiction!

Either way, excellent fic! Not perfect (none are, after all) but totally worth a complete read!
nightkitty555 chapter 35 . 1/5
I loved your story and have been rereading it. Though I admit that it gets a little fuzzy to me after this point.
3,950 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »