Reviews for Cultural Oddities
Angela chapter 1 . 4/7
This is nice. Love Spock and Uhura. Kirk is really great here too. :)
LVB chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
I thought this was a great examination of pon Farr!
Obsessive66 chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
I've read this several times in the past year or so, but not got around to leaving a review, so here it is. I found it a thoroughly enjoyable little tale, thank you.
J-Nynja chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
When I saw Kirk in the summary, I very nearly skipped the story because I thought it would be one in which Uhura is the friend.

Glad I took the chance because I enjoyed it very much. Your writing is great, as except a few bits of confusing dialog, it read very well. And your take on the whole Pon Farr phenomenon, reads better to me than most I have seen.

I truly liked it. Thanks for sharing
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
This is lovely; thank you for writing and sharing it.
x-shadow-x-kisses-x chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
:) this is great
Eru-chan chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Hahaha cute! XD
CynthiaW chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
I liked this view of interspecies dating. Since Spock doesn't have T'Pring anymore, he has no Vulcan women he would wish to approach. So why not Uhura? This was very believable, what with how little we know about the Vulcan mating ritual.

My one critique is the final exchange between Kirk and Uhura. It goes this way:

"Captain."

- Here, it is Uhura talking.

"Uhura."

- Here, Kirk is responding.

"Commander Spock seems to be back to normal."

- This should be part of the previous paragraph, since Kirk is still talking.

Just thought you should know that. Also, it is a big help when you tell the readers who is talking when.

Otherwise, I liked it a lot. Good job.

Cynthia
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Very interesting! Loved the beginning... imagine SPOCK calling Jim a dumb hick! XD
Heavenmetal chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
briliant and romantic.

"Human curses won't do, Nyota decides, and opts for Kligon ones instead" -this line rocks
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Excellent fic!
theCalliope chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Yay, good story!
dramaqueen321 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
That was...weird, but very very cute. I love Uhura/Spock! I'm glad to see you writing again - quick query, are you still in the "adoption agency" for lack of better words, for Mini-Balrogs? Because I have always loved your OFUM tales and a mini-balrog of my own is very appealing. God, how selfish do I sound! Anyway, lovely story as per usual.

xo Sara
synechdoche chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This isn't like any other pon farr story that I've read! I loved it all, and I especially enjoyed this bit of dialog:

"It would be logical for me to observe I love you too at this conjecture, would it not?"

She tries not to smile and fails miserably. "It's usually the logical moment to, yes."

"Then I shall choose a more illogical moment, as a human would."

I hope you keep posting stories that branch off of Star Trek 2009!
Babita chapter 1 . 10/11/2009