Reviews for The Logic of Languages
Psicygni chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
I love the 'promote him to boyfriend' line. Just too cute, and the way you describe his response to the kiss. Such sweetness, and understanding on her part.
liltle chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
It was simple but I was drawn to it, or more specifically, I love it! Its like summing up their relationship in just a few words, such subtle notion with beautiful words and logical observation. Lovely fic!
Hedwig's Owl chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the little snapshots - you manage to say so much in so few words, it's amazing. I love this view of Uhura and her passion for languages. Brilliant story!
ligtning-storm chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
I love the flow of this story. Perhaps it could use a little more description, but the set up is very good. Based on the movie characterization, and even the TOS, it seems quite plausible
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Adorable back story, I must say- Kudos!
SeshKhem chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Very nice!
Magglenagall chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Oh, very nice. Excellent economy of expression here.
mykardia chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
ah i loved it! very cute and logical ;)
Mira-Jade chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This was beautiful. It was slow and it was thoughtful, and it made me smile like a fangirl at the end. I loved the bridges you've gapped with this, exploring both her love of languages and using that in your descriptions. ' leaning into the kiss in a way she rather thinks is speaking very loudly' and 'science being the language of the universe.' The last few lines were just perfect, in a word defined.

Your plot was not only enjoyable so much as your actual style of writing. You have a lyrical turn to your words, and it makes them a true joy to read.

In all, I was thrilled to see some new stuff from you - you have to be one of the best Doctor Who writers I have stumbled across yet, and your works for this fandom as well are quickly making it into my top slots.

. . . and I'm sounding vaguely stalker-ish, aren't I? Darn. I was trying to avoid that. ;)

Anyway (before I stick my foot in my mouth any further) let me back out gracefully and just say: keep up the good work!
dramaqueen321 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Hm. This makes me think...[leaves to go and do a bit of thinking, as well as her homework]
synechdoche chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Love it! Your description of how Nyota feels the first time she realizes she can translate is exactly how I felt in the same situation. I read your bio, so I know you've felt it too! :) I'm so glad that you've written so many stories. I'm going through withdrawal without "Descartes Error" story updates, and your high-quality work is satisfying to read.
CardinalinNight chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This was very well written and I believe you've captured both characters very well. Thank yo for sharing.
QTFics chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Very nice one shot. You have summed up their relationship very succinctly.