Reviews for JACK OF ARTS
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Great story. Please keep up the great work.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Awesome writing. Was first thinking the biker was Lucifer but perfect that it was God - Jack on a Harley - and that he'd been with Sam! And loved how profound his words were. Just loved this part -

Maybe there was an all knowing being, and he was alive, roaming the countryside, taking on form after form. If so, was he our ace in the hole? Would he come through for Sam, me - the world - in the end?

I didn't know Jack - about Jack. What I did know about Jack, whoever, whatever he, this was - was right about one thing - Sam and I would find a way. Lucifer was going to say uncle - so help me, God.

Loved it.
Hunnique chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Very cool! Thanks!
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Aww! I loved this story so much! At first I really thought it was going to be Lucifer in a different visage but I kinda had the lingering thought that it might be God . This was so great sweetie! You did a wonderful job with this! I completely loved it! :D
carocali chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
It crossed my mind that that waitress was a little more into everything than she let on. That she knew too much about Sam and his past.

I like what you've done here, giving Dean a chance to squirm in the eyes of Jack. And to think about what Sam and Dean can do as a team.

We'll see how this all pans out, but I like your thinking!

:D

Caroline
CiZiwejes chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This is downright awesome Karen! You managed to picture what God would be like if he's among us human. With the bike, the jacket which wrote 'Big Daddy' which I seriously think a good metaphor, and the features was just amazing. And his response to Dean's earlier questions, like hell's a deep story and 'not in the business of blowing kingdom come anymore...those were great.

All in all, you did an axcellent job here! Kudos!
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Love your image of God, all decked out on a Harley. Alsoo love that when Dean saw Jack/God he "felt warm, calm peaceful almost - weird"

I love that Sam wasn't alone in the bar. After all we near walk alone.

Great job!

Shar
TraSan chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Wow - such a deceptively simple fic hiding much deeper meaning.

How much do I love that it is God (Jack - LOL) who is offering the boys faith, reminding them they have free will, granting hope and forgiveness?

Soft touch - strong message.

So very awesome.
Phx chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Interesting take on that episode. I love the idea that God was there with Sam. bet he was proud of Sam's spitting out of the demon blood. I know I was. And I hope Dean finds out about that some day.

Loved your image of God, even if I'm not so sure about the cigarette smoking part :P But Jack on a Harley? Yup, I could totally buy that.

very nice fic!
Star Mage1 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This was interesting.

I wonder how things would be if they kept the scene of Sam and Lindsay having sex. If Dean told Sam about god and his past visit I think Sam's reaction would be very funny.
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Loved the descriptions of God...divine easy rider! Bev x
Shawne 'til dawn chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
My dearest Karen,

I am both honored and humbled to be the first to review this wonderful and thought provoking piece. First of all, the way you write Dean, is right on the nail! I can hear his voice in my head as he speaks on your page- the gravelly- rough and worn voice that sends shivers down my spine. You capture him so well, Karen, but that doesn't surprise me at all, knowing what an excellent writer you are.

As I read your story, I was quickly drawn in- your words, as always so descriptive, painting a picture in my head. I could see Dean at the gas station, his thoughts focused on his brother as the unexpected happens, as Jack, or God, appears on his Harley Davidson! Loved this uncanny portrayal of God . . . decked out in leather, riding his hog with Dean's amulet around his neck. How awesome is that?

You wrote:

My attention went back to the rider. A slightly older man, maybe an inch shorter than Sam, probably in his early forties, with neatly groomed, short, blond hair, and a clean as a babies-ass shave. He was muscular, rugged looking, wearing wrinkle-free khakis, and a buttoned down gray shirt underneath a cool, sleek, black leather jacket - 'Big Daddy' stitched in yellow on the back. Not your typical biker type. Still straddling the big bike, he used the heel of his cowhide boot to push the kickstand down, weighting the Harley to one side and cutting the engine. Half-leaning against the handlebars, he pulled a pack of Marlboros - the cheap non-filter variety - from his pocket, along with a scratched, sliver Zippo lighter. He turned, looking me dead in the eye, catching me staring at him. His eyes were deep blue - kind. He smiled, and I couldn’t move. I got that been there, done that, I know this guy, feeling. Normally that would creep me out, but right now all I felt was warm, calm, peaceful almost - weird.

I could so see him in my mind's eye and I loved the fact that God needed a vacation too! I am sure that if anyone needs a vacation it would be God. Well done! I loved their conversaton at the gas station and though "Jack" made no promises, it still gave me some hope that somehow, someway, things would be better for the boys. I wish Kripke would borrow your image of Jack and use it in one of his eps. That would be so cool.

Thank you Karen, for sharing this wonderful work of art with me. As always, I leave this story with a lump in my throat,and vivid images in my mind. I sure would love to see more of "Jack" in future stories *hint hint

Until then, keep moving your "Jack"-given fingers to create another story for your loyal fans.

Love and light, Shawne
UpstairsMind chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Wow, awesome. 3 This totally caught me offguard! I was thinking 'John?' but omg. Twas totally inspired. :D
buggyswifter chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Excellent! Favorite line - 'having no doubt the po-po would be here soon' That cracked me up :0) I can only hope when God pops upon the show he is half as cool as Jack. You created excellent imagery. Thanks for making my day!