Reviews for Sometimes When We Touch
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Wow. I read this once, but don't remember the ending ever happening! Weird! It was the best though ;( awww!
ayami chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Aww!that was so sweet and cute and angsty.i hope you made it longer so I could bask in its fluffyness but there was no better ending!i really loved cloti please
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
I love this story. Its got so much grief and hope in it.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
I cried so hard
Omg the monologue when he using the car to talk about himself
Dammit that was intense
AcidCherry chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I think I might have cried, but I was too caught up in the story to remember. One of the best stories I've ever read :3
briochee chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Oh god, this is fantastic! It reminded me of Forrest Gump and Hair and it was just so, so, so good. Not too mention historically accurate and realistic. Great job!
xxkoffeexx chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
This is a beautiful piece of writing. I love the way you portray Cloud as the broken, war-traumatized person who struggles to live on despite feeling broken: it's the perfect parallel to his guilt and struggles in the canon. I almost prefer your portrayal to the canon Cloud in AC, just because of the way you pull him into a more familiar setting (war is too familiar) and I especially love how he starts to move on with more hope near the end. I was curious about how there was no mention of Zach, whom he sacrificed himself for. It seems hard to imagine Zach has no effect on his bitterness... but maybe it's implicit and I'm just not getting it.

Tifa, as always, amazes me with her inner strength, and, to be honest, her relationship with Cloud in this story reminds me so much of my parents. There are many other parts that I admire and want to reread all over again (and I will too, this isn't my first time reading this!). Thanks for writing and publishing this story.
BlUeFIAmE chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
So sad how Cloud became permanently disabled. Great story once again :) I'm satisfied with the fluff at the end to go to bed now
Violetcarson chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Absolutely gorgeous writing, this. Wonderful job! It really capture how the emotions would be in that situation. And a happy ending, despite the whole thing feeling really tragic. Lovely.
ayannaaki chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Once again you continue to amaze me with your alternate world one-shots. You always manage to successfully finish a story without the need for more but you still leave an opening if you ever decided to continue it. I really enjoyed this and i would be interested to see more of this. I really enjoy reading your fics, keep it up :D
JukedSolid chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This one is so sad toward the middle. Cloud just seems so broken. His little tirade about the broken car while he is actually talking about himself and why Tifa puts up with him was very moving O_O

I know this part was not supposed to be funny but I couldn't help having a silent laugh when Tifa told Cloud to "just say 'I do' when he asks" I thought for a moment "Oh shoot! She's forcing him into marriage!" haha Then I realized that there was actually a good reason for it. :P

I'll admit that when I see the genre on stories for pairing I like that says hurt/comfort I'm always a little wary, but the ending to this story was an excellent resolution. Thank you!
WellingtonBoot chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
I love this! Wow! I love World War era type romances but I had no idea this was what this story would be. Very touching and sweet, too, and I felt like I was able to understand each of their feelings despite it being an AU. Plus I wasn't sure if I wanted them together or if I felt the way Cloud did, that she should go for someone else who wouldn't hinder her life as much and so on... and then there was the platonic aspect of their relationship which you so quickly transformed to make me gagging for them to kiss!

Yeah. I'm just really happy I stumbled across this as a recommendation from someone else. Made my night, honestly.
NadieQuerida chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
One of the best stories I've ever read. Ohmigosh.

It was honestly moving... nothing lyrical that brought immediate tears to my eyes, but rather-it touched me in that small corner of myself that rarely ever gets attention, you know?

I really appreciate how you actually showed the transition between the younger-Cloud and the post-Cloud... it helped. Instead of just starting the story with him opening his eyes in bed, discovering he was impaired, etc. etc, I could honestly feel like Cloud's grief was a bit more personal than in other circumstances where this idea has been used.

Also... Tifa's "sacrifice" and commitment and loyalty is really awesome-as well as how they're in separate rooms despite being married. I think that was like this cold icicle hanging between them but the potential in their relationship was kept alive by Tifa's soothing visits. Andandand... I really wanna write a poem about it! Hahaha

I have much more to say but I'm very tired right now and my brain cells won't do this story any justice with me nodding off like this... So I shall leave it at that and return later!
Sharnay chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Oh wow, I loved this! It was just so precious! I liked the idea of incorporating a little old world in it. I've been toying with a war time story idea for a while, and I was just so pleased to find yours. Great job!
incense-whiskers chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I truly loved this. Even though it was AU, the characters crossed over brilliantly - Zack, Barrett, Tifa. Cloud remained the same, broody and "selfish" wanting to fix things for Tifa. The devotion between them really came through in this piece. The time period was done well, which I appreciate. Excellent, lovely work.