Reviews for Spinner's End
Ms. Anthrop chapter 3 . 2/17
What a fantastic and fun story- it's a true pity that your hard drive ate the remainder of it, as I'd love to read more. Still, what is here is just great, although quite gut wrenching. The downward spiral of Snape... eek, thats tough reading. You did a fab job of painting Hermione's growing unease about Severus' mental state, and I really liked that you put Ron in, and having it been a bashing fashion. Major lols at how you used the notion of a suzerain arrangement. This one is going on my favs list!
Ms. Anthrop chapter 2 . 2/17
Simply lovely. You may not want to, but you've a talent for doing angst; one gets quite the visceral reaction in reading this. The internal monologue of both Severus and Hermione is very well done, and feels quite realistic. Moreover, as much I enjoy lemons, I am quite happy that *nothing* did happen between the two of them. Given the myriad of complications in both station and situations, a romance while Hermione is a student generally stretches my capacity for belief. Really well done.
Ms. Anthrop chapter 1 . 2/17
What a fantastic start... and one bleak enough that I'm *almost* afraid of reading the next chapter. Still, onward...
daisycb chapter 3 . 1/29
No it's not excellent. More is better!
jensteed chapter 3 . 1/12
This was a really intriguing story, I had so much fun reading it. I wish you had continued on a little bit more, it seemed a sudden jump to the letters without quite enough of an explanation. It just made the ending a little too sudden for me.
Writtenaspr chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
After finding ' Mr. Smith's mysterious box' on Lj ,and reading it all eagerly, together with the heartfelt author's letters from July 2007, and answers , which I agree with! ;(Thank God you and many others refuse to let such an unforgettable huiman as SS go down silently in the ),- I, finally, after being bounced off LJ , caught upwith the stories here, and read with even greater enjoyment all three once again.
Please reconsider Don't let a crummy harddrive dictate such an abrupt full stop.
They were in bed, interrupted, reading three dusty, officially nonsensical letters. -
won't you let us urge you to reconsider? SS is not quite out of depression, more lemons please,
more healing, more newly planted potions garden and newly baked bread. Can HG believe that one night of kisses is enough to cure him ? We , your readers doubt... hopefully
Lunabeegood chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
Loved the twist at the end. Nicely done
Montara chapter 3 . 8/16/2013
I can't believe he wanted to die! But now he'll do what she'll tell him to do or was just for when the potion was consumed? Hope it was just for then and now he can choose for himself.

I liked the idea that he survived and now he can be happy and loved :)
mudpuddledemon chapter 3 . 3/18/2011
I do wish there was more, but it's a fine ending right here. Fantastic story. Really well done. As always. : )
misunderstoodemon chapter 3 . 1/5/2011
While I really wish I didn't have to agree with ending it here, I would also like to say that I really love this story and think it's a really good concept.

Love it!

misunderstoodemon
gfeather chapter 3 . 2/24/2010
It's only just dawned on me that I have encountered your work previously... Since I tend to read different fandoms in different venues, I occasionally get these big flashbulb moments.

I enjoyed this peice. Snape with amnesia is a rather interesting fellow. I liked how you dealt with returning memories. The mind is so anti-linear, one can hardly expect memory to return in such a fashion. The length of the fic is perfect. There's enough plot in here to write something very long winded, but you've boiled it down to the essense, without losing flow and pacing.

Well Done.
Kataleena chapter 3 . 1/19/2010
This fic wins. It would have been nice to read more, but this is a pretty good place to end it.
Moyra chapter 3 . 11/17/2009
Thanks for this cleverly thought out and very well written story. I've immensely enjoyed reading it - it's a shame that the other chapters were eaten by the harddisk crash. Anyway, it's a good point to end things - we all can imagine a more-or-less-happy-ever-after.
Valmarien chapter 3 . 11/12/2009
That was great! I love the way you wrote them both and the evolution of their relationship. I also enjoyed the Thaumarasga- a very Severus option if ever there was one _ and the delicious absurdity of the Ministry of Magic letters. Great job!
Very Small Prophet chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Severus says: "You are the sole benefactor of my estate"

No, Severus is the benefactor; Hermione is the beneficiary.

It is a mere slip-up, I realize. Your command of the English language is superb. Interesting storyline, too. I will be following it.