Reviews for The Storyteller
LianneZ4 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I've seen this story just now, and - wow.

It's sad, but very beautiful. I like this kind of stories. I wouldn't add or scratch out a word, it's perfect the way it is.

She was one of the ugliest sentient beings he had ever seen. At the same time, she was perfectly beautiful in a way that defied explanation.

Just perfect.
P.E.E.V.S.Y chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I've read this story before and I really, really liked it. So, now that I've re-found it and have time, I guess I'll review it. I love this. I especially liked the last line 'It was not the ending his mother or his friend would have wanted but it was no longer their story to tell'. It was just... perfect. Only way to describe it. It was just perfect. Fantastic job.
frodogenic chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Very nicely done. You had my interest the whole way through. I particularly notice the lovely sense of rhythm. Excellent balance of moments to sweeps of time; you seem to have a great sense for movement and pace. I don't usually notice that in fic on this site. The moment when she unwraps her face is especially well-done with the quick friendly kiss. The end could easily have lapsed into melodrama. Instead you refocused our interest away from the morbidity towards the image of the peaceful smile. And then you capped it all off with a really excellent final line. Kudos to you and your beta on a fine piece of work! Be proud of this one. :)

One minor correction to make: the correct canon spelling is T-u-s-k-e-n. Should be capitalized because it's a proper name.
jayJ530 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This was sad, but also so beautiful. I've always pitied Anakin - he had to deal with so much loss in his life and so much was out of his control. I could see this story being a part of cannon, it fits in so nicely. Good job. )
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Another brilliant and thought provoking story. My favorite part was the last line, "It was not the ending his mother or his friend would have wanted, but it was no longer their story to tell." So true, it gives me chills :) Nice work!
DarthMii chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Wow, that amazing.
Cariel chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I really enjoyed this ficlet, not only because it gave a better explanation to why Anakin went ballistic killing the Tuskan Raiders, but mainly because we see another side of the tuskan species. I love how he was able to see something in her that other people couldn't and how she was able to relate to him in ways others could not. Well done!